You are viewing the introduce yourself section. New here? Post a message in this section to introduce yourself to the community and get to know the members and become part of the friendliest online cannabis growing community on the internet!
If this is your first visit you will need to register to access the forums full features and enter our many competitions. Register here

New to NFT

Introduce yourself to our friendly cannabis community of like minded growers
Drea84

New to NFT

Post by Drea84 »

:bye: hi, brand new to NFT got nft604 fingers crossed just set up tonight. Any tip will be amazing growing with shogun.
These users thanked the author Drea84 for the post (total 2):
wutang (Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:11 pm) • 2-Scoops (Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:22 am)

Philzon   Vape4Ever
wutang
Known User

Re: New to NFT

Post by wutang »

Following this one. My first proper grows were in NFT...I managed to get decent sized and dense bulbs under a 250w dual spec bulb...but boy did I fuk the buds up and stress them out in my crappy environment.

I used Cyco nutes
Water heater
And a siccee nano water circulator thing.

We have a few experts in here who I'm sure will give you some decent advice. Imma pull up a chair :)

Peace

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

If I had the room I'd not grow any other way it took me about 7 crops to get it dialed in good luck

great googly moogly!

These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post:
wutang (Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:31 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Captain Beefheart wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:25 pm
If I had the room I'd not grow any other way it took me about 7 crops to get it dialed in good luck

great googly moogly!
Ohhh @Captain Beefheart I didn't know this :) I know who to come to next time. I also installed a 100l water butt and heater in my shed for easy nutrient mixing.

Cap did you change res every week or just added water and nutes when needed. Its a work of art alright
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
Captain Beefheart (Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:15 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

wutang wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:33 pm
Captain Beefheart wrote:

great googly moogly!
Ohhh @Captain Beefheart I didn't know this :) I know who to come to next time. I also installed a 100l water butt and heater in my shed for easy nutrient mixing.

Cap did you change res every week or just added water and nutes when needed. Its a work of art alright
heres my advice !!! i changed the res completely every sabbath without fail,but the main thing IS never leave the dope supp from the res for more than 24 hrs !!! replenish the res everyday turn pumps off first :lol: what ever they supp over a 24 hr period water wise !!!! replenish the res then CF it then PH it !!! this way ewe can totally monitor the plants uptake of water / ferts.... + the best bit is we know the tanks are filming the roots with a proper ph`d solution 24/7 ..... leaving dope plants drink a res dry ACH Y FI..... :oik!: oooops good luck + btw get it rite ewe will need a jacksaw to cut through the stems :lol: oooooh i could rip a tissue no fukin room bach otherwise i`d fire a pair of 604`s up see. . good luck. :Stoned:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 2):
wutang (Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:55 pm) • 2-Scoops (Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:24 am)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

1 golden rule to remember is its a film technique system .... ewe don't wanna go flooding young uns see pump control is the key at different stages of plant growth.....jest keep in mind ewe need to create a film of ferts not a flood !!!! :oik!: good luck. :Stoned:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 2):
wutang (Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:00 pm) • 2-Scoops (Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:27 am)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Captain Beefheart wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:13 pm
wutang wrote:
Captain Beefheart wrote:

great googly moogly!

heres my advice !!! i changed the res completely every sabbath without fail,but the main thing IS never leave the dope supp from the res for more than 24 hrs !!! replenish the res everyday turn pumps off first :lol: what ever they supp over a 24 hr period water wise !!!! replenish the res then CF it then PH it !!! this way ewe can totally monitor the plants uptake of water / ferts.... + the best bit is we know the tanks are filming the roots with a proper ph`d solution 24/7 ..... leaving dope plants drink a res dry ACH Y FI..... :oik!: oooops good luck + btw get it rite ewe will need a jacksaw to cut through the stems :lol: oooooh i could rip a tissue no fukin room bach otherwise i`d fire a pair of 604`s up see. . good luck. :Stoned:
Totally get that, I had mad Ph fluctuations daily. I learnt a bit about ec at the time too. The hydro shop advise me to use orca, than neutralise incase clorine was causing it and also a wTer circulator in case of salt build ups.

Your god damn right about the stem!!!! I used a massive hack saw to cut through mine. Absolute fekking monster!!!

I couldn't believe that I got 9oz dry harvest. Pure madness. If you get the technique right, you're laughing!

By sabbath you mean weekly change of res? Someone told me that you don't need to..interesting.
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
2-Scoops (Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:27 am)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

wutang wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:59 pm
Captain Beefheart wrote:
wutang wrote:

Totally get that, I had mad Ph fluctuations daily. I learnt a bit about ec at the time too. The hydro shop advise me to use orca, than neutralise incase clorine was causing it and also a wTer circulator in case of salt build ups.

Your god damn right about the stem!!!! I used a massive hack saw to cut through mine. Absolute fekking monster!!!

I couldn't believe that I got 9oz dry harvest. Pure madness. If you get the technique right, you're laughing!

By sabbath you mean weekly change of res? Someone told me that you don't need to..interesting.
change the res every week on the sabbath the moon plays a big part uncle dewi said :idn: its what i did and it worked after about a few crops,i needed fishtank heaters..... the res must be set to 20 degrees see :oik!: just remember pump flow !!!! half bore at first + increase it as ewe grow the root bed......... my old 604`s the root bed would be pushing the lid`s off the trays......... i had to gaffer tape the corex covers onto the trays..........no light at the roots either.... good luck. :puff puff:
wutang (Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:52 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

i had 4 x 604`s under 3kw a few moons back see each tank would supp 10 liters each per day at 8 weeks into flower be aware that nft ............ it aint coco. :oik!:
wutang (Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:52 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Captain Beefheart wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:33 pm
wutang wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:59 pm
Captain Beefheart wrote:

change the res every week on the sabbath the moon plays a big part uncle dewi said :idn: its what i did and it worked after about a few crops,i needed fishtank heaters..... the res must be set to 20 degrees see :oik!: just remember pump flow !!!! half bore at first + increase it as ewe grow the root bed......... my old 604`s the root bed would be pushing the lid`s off the trays......... i had to gaffer tape the corex covers onto the trays..........no light at the roots either.... good luck. :puff puff:
Wicked, I did all of what you just said, but other factors like my environment were poor, so stressed the buggers out. They were autos as well. I only had a 20l GT205 or something a like.

Thanks @Captain Beefheart - Nice to have some clarify from an OG.

Peace be upon you

Wu

Return to “New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!”