You are viewing the introduce yourself section. New here? Post a message in this section to introduce yourself to the community and get to know the members and become part of the friendliest online cannabis growing community on the internet!
If this is your first visit you will need to register to access the forums full features and enter our many competitions. Register here

Hello! First grow experience, education and intentions

Introduce yourself to our friendly cannabis community of like minded growers
Inactive account
Inactive Account

Re: Hello! First grow experience, education and intentions

Post by Inactive account »

Hi and welcome along to the growroom
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post:
Minty (Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:21 pm)

Post by Guest »

GMO wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:28 am
welcome along!

a very detailed intro which is always great!

when it comes to the plant with current issues, your best of getting you post count here up to 10 then you can upload some pics which will make it much easier for people to advise what could be going on

I would also agree ya may get a little crowded with 5(?) going on currently. We have a few members running perpetually in a couple small ish spaces like you have described. take a little look through the diaries section and you should get an idea for how to use the space.... if theres anything else or specific questions. we are always around

nice to meet ya and see ya around soon
You always get a warm welcome here, lot's of people here will help you.

I think GMO has a very good point here, take a look at my White Widow grow and you'll see that one plant looked better than the other. I think my little 0.6M tent got far too crowded. So if you do have time and space sometimes it may pay off to be patient, or invest in an extra tent or a bigger one. Also if your humidity is already too high maybe consider less plants and less foliage.

I had 3oz off the 2 plants (I really need to finish off that diary lol) one off the smaller and 2 off the better plant. I may of got 3 or more by using just the one plant, but on the other hand I have limited space so I didn't have the heart to kill off one to keep the bestie :idn: lol

Also I use for my anxiety and know exactly how you feel, early harvested product, which can sometimes be quite common with street weed due to the need for a quick turn around, this can cause as much anxiety and often triggers episodes of racy type anxieties. But I have experienced (everyone's experiences are different) drinking alcohol is the biggest trigger for anxiety and this only became apparent after having several periods being teetotal. It usually came at it's worst for me, after big binges.

I have found most Cannabis relieves my anxieties as long as it has been left long enough to diminish most clear trichomes and produce some amber ones.

Also I find vaporising flower a good option. Different temperatures of vaping give me different levels of high, especially if you start at 166 or so then step up slowly to 177 and 188 then to 210 on full wack, all in periods with an hour or minutes in between. Very well known as micro-dosing.

I then also use the AVB (already vaped bud) which has already been decarboxylated to make canna butter or coconut oil (see CannaEducator for this think he may be on this forum? ooops lol) This oil and butter I use to make cookies. These seem to have a powerful effect and gives me a clear mental ability as I also struggle with concentration at work etc......

Thanks for your post and hope this helped? Or maybe I have caused a massive rabbit hole? Either way if you have any questions regarding your anxiety or anything else relating to it throw me a message or write a post on here I'll always be happy to help if I can.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
IMO (Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:38 pm) • Minty (Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:21 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Post by Guest »

Also I have found quitting tobacco also helped me control anxieties with more ease.

Good luck with your grow.

Hope you achieve what you are searching for.
IMO (Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:31 pm) • Minty (Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:21 pm)

greenaubergine

Post by greenaubergine »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:26 pm
GMO wrote:
welcome along!

when it comes to the plant with current issues, your best of getting you post count here up to 10 then you can upload some pics which will make it much easier for people to advise what could be going on

I would also agree ya may get a little crowded with 5(?) going on currently. We have a few members running perpetually in a couple small ish spaces like you have described. take a little look through the diaries section and you should get an idea for how to use the space.... if theres anything else or specific questions. we are always around

Thanks for your post and hope this helped? Or maybe I have caused a massive rabbit hole? Either way if you have any questions regarding your anxiety or anything else relating to it throw me a message or write a post on here I'll always be happy to help if I can.

Hello! You've helped for sure. Good to hear someone with similar experience.

My understanding seems to be that grow yield is restricted by space and light factors. Pot size also as I found out in my attempt. I think I could potentially grow more smaller plants or less bigger ones but yield will be similar. I'm after variety. I might sacrifice one of my mysterious blue plants as it's a little sad looking but time will tell.

Alcohol and tobacco are off the cards for me for good. I want a long healthy life and like you said the morning after the night before is not something to be missed. For me caffeine was the real big anxiety maker, I used to drink a lot of strong coffee. I think in stopping all other drugs i started to notice it's effects and wasn't a fan. I still have a cup occasionally, makes me a bit irritable and jangly but I love the taste.

I'm waiting on the trichomes now, not long I think.

Thanks for the vape recommendations I'll be sure to try this stuff out.
These users thanked the author greenaubergine for the post (total 2):
IMO (Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:28 pm) • Minty (Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:21 pm)

Post by Guest »

greenaubergine wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:59 pm
DIY.Rik wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:26 pm
GMO wrote:
welcome along!

Hello! You've helped for sure. Good to hear someone with similar experience.

My understanding seems to be that grow yield is restricted by space and light factors. Pot size also as I found out in my attempt. I think I could potentially grow more smaller plants or less bigger ones but yield will be similar. I'm after variety. I might sacrifice one of my mysterious blue plants as it's a little sad looking but time will tell.

Alcohol and tobacco are off the cards for me for good. I want a long healthy life and like you said the morning after the night before is not something to be missed. For me caffeine was the real big anxiety maker, I used to drink a lot of strong coffee. I think in stopping all other drugs i started to notice it's effects and wasn't a fan. I still have a cup occasionally, makes me a bit irritable and jangly but I love the taste.

I'm waiting on the trichomes now, not long I think.

Thanks for the vape recommendations I'll be sure to try this stuff out.
Sacrifice a little yield for variety then and you will find a strain that suits you. I have gone down the route of hunting anxiety specific strains but I have found that it depends on the person from the people I have spoken to and from my own experiences.

One coffee per day for me but yes I think you have a point. I drink loads of tea but I have found the caffeine is slower released and the goodies in the tea is all ok. Lot's of flavonoids in tea which are anti carcinogenic.

Look up Storz and Bickel and also Healthy Rips. That's what I use.

Ensure you check all trichomes from top to bottom of the plant and also on the bud not on the sugar leaves.
IMO (Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:27 pm) • Minty (Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:21 pm)

Post by Guest »

For taste the volcano vape is best but I don't own one anymore. Wish I never sold that!
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Minty (Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:22 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Hi there and welcome to GR420, was good to read your story, I also use Cannabis for low level anxiety sometimes and just general relaxation and relief of some aches and pains.
Looks like your on the right track with the cbd strains these seem to do be the most good. If you find it’s abit to stimulating you could always get some cbd bud or cbd isolate from the internet and mix it 50/50 with the other stuff you have, I get mine from buzzing Buddha it’s surprisingly good for relaxation and sleep I’ve found.
Here is a good article on micro dosing that might be interesting for you I sure found it interesting I prity much micro dose everyday and leave anything heavier for the weekend.

I look forward to following your progress and reading your posts 👍.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-10 ... weed-guide
These users thanked the author IMO for the post (total 3):
greenaubergine (Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:28 pm) • Guest (Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:07 pm) • Minty (Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:22 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

On the subject of caffeine I gave it up last October as it was really messing with me, I gave up cold turkey and man no joke it was brutal and from taking to other people withdrawal for some can be a real bitch I had a week of withdrawals like what I imagine may be similar to what a junkie might get, I had shakes, anxiety through the roof depression it sucked donkey balls, I’d never go back to it I will have the occasional decaff but me and caffeine are done. If anyone reads this and has anxiety or panic attacks caffeine should be the first thing to go.
Another note on the subject of possible weed induced anxiety I used to be on a Facebook cbd page and it was suprising how many people were using cbd products to counter anxiety caused by thc, seems cbd is a good antidote/balancing influence.

Alcohol makes me depressed if I do it abit too much so I tend to stay away from it
Last edited by IMO on Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author IMO for the post (total 3):
greenaubergine (Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:28 pm) • Guest (Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:06 pm) • Minty (Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:22 pm)

greenaubergine

Post by greenaubergine »

Here's my 50x50 until the tent arrives. As I started them with inconsistent methods they stretched due to low light. I'm not expecting a big yield but have had a big learn.

Guest (Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:07 pm) • Minty (Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:22 pm)

greenaubergine

Post by greenaubergine »

IMO wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:26 pm
On the subject of caffeine I gave it up last October as it was really messing with me, I gave up cold turkey and man no joke it was brutal and from taking to other people withdrawal for some can be a real bitch I had a week of withdrawals like what I imagine may be similar to what a junkie might get, I had shakes, anxiety through the roof depression it sucked donkey balls, I’d never go back to it I will have the occasional decaff but me and caffeine are done. If anyone reads this and has anxiety or panic attacks caffeine should be the first thing to go.
Another note on the subject of possible weed induced anxiety I used to be on a Facebook cbd page and it was suprising how many people were using cbd products to counter anxiety caused by thc, seems cbd is a good antidote/balancing influence.
Good for you! That was my experience too. I started taking note of when my anxiety happened, had a couple of panic attacks and realised lots of coffee was consistent with those feelings. I hadn't realised how much I'd been propping myself up with coffee all these years. I was exhausted for months after stopping. It all levelled out and now I have to accept I can't be as intense and switched on all the time.
IMO (Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:00 pm) • Minty (Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:22 pm)

Return to “New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!”