Re: Cheap Home Grow Podcast - Have your say

Post by GMO »

Tictok wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:10 am
GMO wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:24 am
Tictok wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:18 am
A bit about the history, background and growing of UK Cheese would be great. I know I could Google it but it would be good to hear from guys that are actually growing it.
Keeno is gonna love you.... be prepared for paragraphs :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oops, what have I done?! :lol:
Cos i know big K is a little under the weather atm ill try my best to field this without too many gaps

So back in the early 80's there were only really 2 strains available by Mail order (yes mail, send a letter, hope its received and replied to). These were White widow which was apparently very popular with commercial growers at the time and the less popular but often much more enjoyable Skunk #1.

The legend begins with a Skunk #1 mother which had been kept for many years and steadily mutated into a very unique heavy smoke, its also said that this mutated skunk #1 was talked about in a local grow circle and the flavour likened and was associated with a food essence which was intended to be "blue cheese".

It wasnt till the mid to late 80's (i think around 86-89) that the cheese strain was gifted to a London hippie movement known as the exodus project, the myth then continues that in the hands of the exodus project they back crossed the cheese with itself to form the names sake exodus cheese, which was then given far and wide leading to the cheese boom with everybody claim theirs to be the original
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

GMO wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:58 am
Tictok wrote:
GMO wrote:

Cos i know big K is a little under the weather atm ill try my best to field this without too many gaps

So back in the early 80's there were only really 2 strains available by Mail order (yes mail, send a letter, hope its received and replied to). These were White widow which was apparently very popular with commercial growers at the time and the less popular but often much more enjoyable Skunk #1.

The legend begins with a Skunk #1 mother which had been kept for many years and steadily mutated into a very unique heavy smoke, its also said that this mutated skunk #1 was talked about in a local grow circle and the flavour likened and was associated with a food essence which was intended to be "blue cheese".

It wasnt till the mid to late 80's (i think around 86-89) that the cheese strain was gifted to a London hippie movement known as the exodus project, the myth then continues that in the hands of the exodus project they back crossed the cheese with itself to form the names sake exodus cheese, which was then given far and wide leading to the cheese boom with everybody claim theirs to be the original
Thanks GMO, nice info. So is the exodus cut still just that, a clone only strain?

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Tictok wrote:
GMO wrote:
Tictok wrote:
Oops, what have I done?!

Thanks GMO, nice info. So is the exodus cut still just that, a clone only strain?
There are a good few seed companys that have a from seed option buuuut I also hear that most home growers who try the original cut strain prefer it over any from seed version available

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Makes sense.

goldap1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by goldap1 »

GMO wrote:
Tictok wrote:
GMO wrote:

thanks for the info these kind of things a lot of ppl dont really know and its nice to hear the truth of it.

also for the podcast i would like to hear what you guys think about budget grow lights, and maybe whats in store for growers in 2020
AKA BigBoss on Discord

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Suggestions will close at 23:59 GMT 17th Nov 2019

thanks everyone and please get your last few suggestions in!!

Return to “Canna Related Media & Events”