Good reads? Long form articles and non-fiction books

Music, movies, hardbacks & more
Minty
Respected Member

Re: Good reads? Long form articles and non-fiction books

Post by Minty »

I like the Audio Books myself, like to listen to one while trying to get to sleep cause my weed is so shit ;o)

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

Minty wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:58 pm
I like the Audio Books myself, like to listen to one while trying to get to sleep cause my weed is so shit ;o)
If you don’t have a audible subscription dooo it! Best monthly thing I pay for! You get 2 free books regardless of price when you sign up. And then you get 1 free one each month after that! I’ve saved 170$ lol I highly recommend Kitchen Confidential and Viruses through History are both great
Just a Canadian Cannabis enthusiast🇨🇦 If you aren’t learning then what’s the point!?
“You may be Galileo, but your probably just wrong! “
“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it“ Evelyn Beatrice Hall.
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=6271 Purple Orange (CBD+), CBDurban, Gorilla Zkittles, And more!! IG@thekidchronnabis

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Joker59 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:05 pm
If you don’t have a audible subscription dooo it! Best monthly thing I pay for! You get 2 free books regardless of price when you sign up. And then you get 1 free one each month after that! I’ve saved 170$ lol I highly recommend Kitchen Confidential and Viruses through History are both great
Only cancelled mine because the back log of books I already have is unreal. I agree defo worth a sign up with the 3 months free trial (you keep the books when cancelling) so you have nothing to lose. I personally use it with Alexa and just tell her to play and set a sleep timer for an hour.

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

Minty wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:10 pm
Joker59 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:05 pm
Only cancelled mine because the back log of books I already have is unreal. I agree defo worth a sign up with the 3 months free trial (you keep the books when cancelling) so you have nothing to lose. I personally use it with Alexa and just tell her to play and set a sleep timer for an hour.
Exactly man! Same with Kindle Unlimited It’s a great deal. I like to use my google home to play white noise and then I play a audio book or podcast on top and it helps me sleep some nights

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Joker59 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:24 pm
I like to use my google home to play white noise and then I play a audio book or podcast on top and it helps me sleep some nights
Tell me more about the white noise Bro - I literally sleep every other day as my mind is too active and the noise of the environment outside keeps me awake? I know what white noise is (this used to be the only way to make computer game sound back in the day by the way - before the Amiga and Fat Agnus I think it was called)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

God Damn, I should have kept mine - had at least three of them bad girls - they are now worth more than the whole machine was ;o)

I only remember as they all had Girls names and for a Boy Geek - Rocked my world mate:-

I'm Old Skool Computer me - just still knows how it works today which is now my day job and pays the bills which is awesome to be paid to do something you enjoy as spent many jobs doing shit I hated;o)

ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

I had an amiga 500+ but I was like 10 years old and never took it apart. I loved it as my crushes dad bought her one and we would swap games 🥰
These users thanked the author ohlordyeah_420 for the post:
Minty (Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:53 pm)
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

Minty wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:01 am
Joker59 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:24 pm
I like to use my google home to play white noise and then I play a audio book or podcast on top and it helps me sleep some nights
Tell me more about the white noise Bro - I literally sleep every other day as my mind is too active and the noise of the environment outside keeps me awake? I know what white noise is (this used to be the only way to make computer game sound back in the day by the way - before the Amiga and Fat Agnus I think it was called)
Most smart speakers will play a classic white noise (mild static sound) if you ask them too. But personally I highly recommend downloading Relax Melodies from the App Store! It has like 50 sounds and you can layer up to 10 to make one that relaxes you the most. I do: rain on roof, rain on tent, thunder storm, wind storm, rain in cavern, waterfall and urban storm lol always found the most violent storms to quite my mind and be relaxing so it works ok. My mind thinks wether I want it to or not so I need to drown that shit out :p if I’m not working lots to burn shit off I hardly sleep, but when I do it’s thanks to weed and relax melodies
These users thanked the author Joker59 for the post:
Minty (Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:52 pm)

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

ohlordyeah_420 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:10 am
I had an amiga 500+ but I was like 10 years old and never took it apart. I loved it as my crushes dad bought her one and we would swap games 🥰
Feels like I recognize the name but I’m actually not sure lol. We have the og Nintendo and Super Nintendo, game cube, n64 and ps2 and some weird older one that was a pretty fun stick figure cowboy game lol fuck can’t think of its name but you moved behind cactuses and tried to shot the other player lol

Return to “Music, Movies & Multimedia”