bactilius Thuringiensis (Bt)

Music, movies, hardbacks & more
seymore_budz
Respected Member

bactilius Thuringiensis (Bt)

Post by seymore_budz »

Here's a great video on Bactilius Thuringiensis. One of mother natures pesticides. Great for killing fungus gnat larvae :)

These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 6):
Keeno (Mon May 25, 2020 10:55 pm) • GMO (Tue May 26, 2020 11:28 am) • Cam420 (Wed May 27, 2020 1:35 pm) • Rubbered (Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:05 pm) • Minty (Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:53 pm) • IMO (Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:15 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Philzon   Vape4Ever
Cam420

Re: bactilius Thuringiensis (Bt)

Post by Cam420 »

interesting watch, good timing been having problems with gnats the little bastards :rage:

Rubbered

Post by Rubbered »

Done a small part of a report on this, they genetically modify crops with the gene from the bacteria that produces the toxin to increase resistance to pests. Basically makes it poisonous to pests by production of a protein. Bt corn is an example of a transgenic crop and is an alternative to chemical pesticides lol ✌️🤟

Wish I had this video for the report lol cheers 👌
" It's all about money not freedom.
You think you're free?
Try going somewhere without money " - Bill Hicks

Mafooo
Known User

Post by Mafooo »

Rubbered wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:04 pm
Bt corn is an example of a transgenic crop and is an alternative to chemical pesticides lol ✌️🤟

Good to see others interested in genetically modified crops!

Although I am 100% for the application and further development of these GMO crops, I am displeased with how the proprietary entities have commercialized these wonderplants for their own gain and not so much for the gain of the farmer or the greater environment in general. Single-gene GMO crops being planted in monocrop plantations is not the direction I would like to see this technology proceed.

I am all for GMO technology and crop improvement. Just not when it serves the 1% at the cost of well being for the other 99%
These users thanked the author Mafooo for the post:
Rubbered (Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:06 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

I don’t like the idea of eating GM crops, too many variables we don’t understand, selective breeding is one thing but modifying them
with genes from another organism is just freaky to me and I’m not sure il ever like the idea. Plus as highlighted it opens plants up to patents and control from big corps which will never be a good thing.
These users thanked the author IMO for the post:
Rubbered (Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:06 pm)

Rubbered

Post by Rubbered »

Mafoo.Martin wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:17 pm
Rubbered wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:04 pm
Bt corn is an example of a transgenic crop and is an alternative to chemical pesticides lol ✌️🤟

Good to see others interested in genetically modified crops!

Although I am 100% for the application and further development of these GMO crops, I am displeased with how the proprietary entities have commercialized these wonderplants for their own gain and not so much for the gain of the farmer or the greater environment in general. Single-gene GMO crops being planted in monocrop plantations is not the direction I would like to see this technology proceed.

I am all for GMO technology and crop improvement. Just not when it serves the 1% at the cost of well being for the other 99%
Love it mate,it is interesting stuff!!
I love how it can put us in control over the traits expressed and also the benefit it can have for the population of the whole world from hunger to medicine.

But if I am correct the industry is self regulated and it's 6 companies that control the majority of the market at core level and something like over 50% seed producers prohibit research to protect profit.

I also like a ponder on this n think what if in 1000 years lol the pests that were getting killed by these proteins had adapted, evolution. Weak died off strong survived. Where do we go from there ? Lol giant bt toxin eating flies 😵😵

So much to go into with this, needs put in the public eye more.

Rubbered

Post by Rubbered »

IMO wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:53 pm
I don’t like the idea of eating GM crops, too many variables we don’t understand, selective breeding is one thing but modifying them
with genes from another organism is just freaky to me and I’m not sure il ever like the idea. Plus as highlighted it opens plants up to patents and control from big corps which will never be a good thing.
If you eat tomatoes mate or rice I am pretty sure they are GMO.
They been doin this stuff since the 70s probably earlier 😒
Supersavr tomatoe was the first I think, keeps it fresher for longer whatever gene was put in the tomatoes DNA lol

Understand where youre coming from though, rise to new allergies and horizontal gene transfer etc

Again alot about this stuff needs spoke about and researched, publicly.

But they pesky companies...cough ...Monsanto...cough
These users thanked the author Rubbered for the post:
seymore_budz (Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:09 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Rubbered wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:06 pm
IMO wrote:
Supersavr tomatoe was the first I think, keeps it fresher for longer whatever gene was put in the tomatoes DNA lol

Understand where youre coming from though, rise to new allergies and horizontal gene transfer etc

Rice and tomatoes really!, I thought they had to label GM foods in this country?
These users thanked the author IMO for the post:
Rubbered (Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:58 am)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

Another interesting and informative post. Thanks Grumpy as usual.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
seymore_budz (Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:13 pm)

Rubbered

Post by Rubbered »

IMO wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:36 pm
Rubbered wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:06 pm
IMO wrote:

Rice and tomatoes really!, I thought they had to label GM foods in this country?
Talking to a mate there he says that tomatoe ceased production haha and the rice may be other countries lol ....honey scam - rice scam ? Wouldn't put it past other countries selling us something else.

Tbh I think it's been America that's been fly advertising.

I just want a job In the industry haha learn the trade :)....on that note you seen the guy that sells the gene editing kits lol guy gets the genes for stuff n just injects them into himself lol dangerous game.

......now I'm thinking back I'm wondering if the lecturer that told me that was making a joke 😂😂walloper lol

Return to “Music, Movies & Multimedia”