Best Birthday Poem Vote Off

A place for all Growroom420's 5th birthdays competitions.

Best Birthday Poem

Poll ended at Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:05 pm

Grumpy Toad
No votes
Camkush
50%
Mrming
25%
Staggering Prod
No votes
Sage
13%
JJ
13%

Total votes: 8

Vador
Known User

Re: Best Birthday Poem Vote Off

Post by Vador »

Maybe you just need some new rules for the competitions. Perhaps 500 minimum post or diary holders only for the big prizes?
I seen in the birthday party there was someone that was doing real well, turned out he had multiple profiles and you cancelled all his wins, god knows how you figured that out but hat tip to whoever worked that one out
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Vador wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:40 pm
Maybe you just need some new rules for the competitions. Perhaps 500 minimum post or diary holders only for the big prizes?
I seen in the birthday party there was someone that was doing real well, turned out he had multiple profiles and you cancelled all his wins, god knows how you figured that out but hat tip to whoever worked that one out
I like that one. I'm thinking about similar for future parties but different prizes per competition win. I love giving stuff away, at our peak we were giving away around 100 packs of seeds a month. The issue is the comps clog up canna content and when you look through these big months/parties there are many who don't post in anything but the comp sections. It's trying to find a balance. Atm we are seeing more canna content than ever, which is good as its a canna forum. We could go back to giving away 100 packs a month, we have more seeds stashed away than ever, but we would just see them same types of people return. The same sort that cause trouble if they don't win, get what they want, etc. That takes up more time from a already thinly stretched team. What we do here isn't normal, nowhere I've ever used gives away anything close. The issue is trying to keep that viable and non time consuming, while not attracting people not interested in the hobby who just want loads of free stuff. The new postage rule along with less competitions I'm hoping will go a long way in doing so. It's been so close to not being worth all the extra time and costs at times.

So I understand what Wrh is saying about it seeming quieter, in fact the opposite is true. There just isn't as many competitions atm and the same old names who log in, enter, log out again.

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

It must be so much work behind the scenes for you guys.
The run up to party nights are insane and my whole feed is just competitions, nothing else makes it into the feed lol just the odd diary pops up here or there. Then on the night i have trouble keeping up entering the competitions, havent a clue how you all organise something like that, must be a right headache.
Fair play to you all for putting the time and effort in to do these things though.

Oooooh brainwave, you know the draft section in the secret area, when you make a post in there it doesnt appear in the home page feed.
Perhaps you could apply the same settings to the competitions page so it doesn’t clog the feed, that way people who dont use the forum much wont see the competitions in there feed.

Maybe to complement that you could add another badge for say 50 or 100 forum posts and it unlocks the new badge giving you access to the competitions area

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Vador wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:03 pm
It must be so much work behind the scenes for you guys.
The run up to party nights are insane and my whole feed is just competitions, nothing else makes it into the feed lol just the odd diary pops up here or there. Then on the night i have trouble keeping up entering the competitions, havent a clue how you all organise something like that, must be a right headache.
Fair play to you all for putting the time and effort in to do these things though.

Oooooh brainwave, you know the draft section in the secret area, when you make a post in there it doesnt appear in the home page feed.
Perhaps you could apply the same settings to the competitions page so it doesn’t clog the feed, that way people who dont use the forum much wont see the competitions in there feed.

Maybe to complement that you could add another badge for say 50 or 100 forum posts and it unlocks the new badge giving you access to the competitions area
Ill have a test with the sections today. That shouldn't be that hard to do tbh. The badge and user groups would work but would be manually added. I've seen an extension that may negate this the last week. Im going to have a chat with tech and see if it can be implemented.

Return to “Growroom420's 5th Birthday Party”