"superfertiliser"mine opens in england

World news & political affairs
duke
Respected Member

"superfertiliser"mine opens in england

Post by duke »

hi all i found this very interesting and as far as i can tell no one has heard of the fertiliser in mainstream horticulture but the mine has been being built underground with very little visible above as its in yorkshire national park!
polyhalite its called and they just have to dig it out and grind it up and it then goes through 37km tunnel all the way to teesside and around the world on ships muchlike the old potash mines dotted in the same region (most of which are closed down now due to lack of investment) .
it has npk and trace elements and sounds like the most perfect natural fertiliser,what am i missing?
i mean whats the catch? well there is always a catch. link to vid

any thoughts peeps?
Last edited by duke on Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 5):
biosynthetic (Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:47 pm) • IMO (Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:49 pm) • Marcus (Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:38 pm) • Spence (Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:25 am) • fabi420 (Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:05 am)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

duke
Respected Member

Re: "superfertiliser"mine opens in england

Post by duke »

also i see cornwall reopening tin mines thanks to joe biden and the chinese,id bet our morons in charge fuck up a massive boost possibility for the uk though
These users thanked the author duke for the post:
Marcus (Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:38 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

duke wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:37 pm
hi all i found this very interesting and as far as i can tell no one has heard of the fertiliser in mainstream horticulture but the mine has been being built underground with very little visible above as its in yorkshire national park!
polyhalite its called and they just have to dig it out and grind it up and it then goes through 37km tunnel all the way to tyneside and around the world on ships muchlike the old potash mines dotted in the same region (most of which are closed down now due to lack of investment) .
it has npk and trace elements and sounds like the most perfect natural fertiliser,what am i missing?
i mean whats the catch? well there is always a catch. link to vid

any thoughts peeps?
Yeah watched this a little while ago was very interesting
These users thanked the author IMO for the post:
duke (Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:59 pm)

Grumpy Toad
Known User

Post by Grumpy Toad »

If nothing else it is a pretty impressive engineering project.
These users thanked the author Grumpy Toad for the post (total 2):
duke (Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:02 pm) • IMO (Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:42 pm)
Birthplace: Earth
Race: Human
Politics: Freedom
Religion: Love

Wabi-Sabi Garden

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

I've been using it in my soil mix for a year or so, it has lots of potassium, magnesium, calcium, and sulfur,it was discovered when drilling/mining for oil.
These users thanked the author Greenfingers for the post (total 2):
duke (Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:02 pm) • IMO (Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:42 pm)

GHO

Post by GHO »

Polyhalite is a trade name. It's an icl thing from memory. Personally I don't touch it. It's proper name is polysulfate, it's salts so naturally occurring but not natural in the same sense that we'd normally use it. Certified organic for use where there's a verified need which is the only way they can get an organic certification (depleted soils). In an age where fertilizer leaching and salts use is becoming problematic on agricultural land building this mine and using this gear is regressive at best, another example of corporate interests putting profit before the environment.
Indoors that's not a big issue but this gear being strewn across swathes of farmland could end up being one.

Good video, mega engineering project but I do feel this is being marketed in such a way that people might be inclined to feel that it's a lot more ecologically friendly than it really is.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post (total 6):
duke (Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:13 pm) • Greenfingers (Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:34 pm) • Marcus (Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:39 pm) • Grumpy Toad (Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:00 pm) • IMO (Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:43 pm) • sybarite (Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:21 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

this shows more details and if true this is def better way of mining no?
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 2):
Greenfingers (Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:34 pm) • Marcus (Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:39 pm)

Grumpy Toad
Known User

Post by Grumpy Toad »

GHO wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:02 pm
Polyhalite is a trade name. It's an icl thing from memory. Personally I don't touch it. It's proper name is polysulfate, it's salts so naturally occurring but not natural in the same sense that we'd normally use it. Certified organic for use where there's a verified need which is the only way they can get an organic certification (depleted soils). In an age where fertilizer leaching and salts use is becoming problematic on agricultural land building this mine and using this gear is regressive at best, another example of corporate interests putting profit before the environment.
Indoors that's not a big issue but this gear being strewn across swathes of farmland could end up being one.

Good video, mega engineering project but I do feel this is being marketed in such a way that people might be inclined to feel that it's a lot more ecologically friendly than it really is.
Thanks for your insight.
These users thanked the author Grumpy Toad for the post:
duke (Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:26 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

1st thought that came into my head was... "They could connect that huge shaft straight to the shitpipe from my house."

Very good videos duke, cheers.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
duke (Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:25 pm)

Return to “World News & Current Affairs”