How California's legal cannabis dream became a public health nightmare

World news & political affairs
The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

How California's legal cannabis dream became a public health nightmare

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Over the past few years, doctors in California have begun to voice concerns about the repercussions of increasing cannabis use. In particular, how the laissez-faire approach is fuelling a surge in addiction and mental illness.

Many are particularly concerned about Los Angeles, where teenagers use the drug more often than in any other Californian city.

In California, hospital admissions for cannabis-related complications have shot up – from 1,400 in 2005 to 16,000 by 2019. In California, and the other 18 states that have legalised cannabis, rates of addiction are nearly 40 per cent higher than states without legal cannabis, according to research by Columbia University.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... tmare.html
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post (total 2):
chillbert42 (Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:12 am) • 2-Scoops (Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:40 am)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Philzon   Vape4Ever
420mFuk

Re: How California's legal cannabis dream became a public health nightmare

Post by 420mFuk »

This is exactly why I quit buying newspapers in the 90s. 2003 I got rid off my TV & replaced it with a computer monitor and projector, from that point all my media was downloaded with all the adverts stripped away. I can't stand half truths, blatant propaganda or outright liars. Still to this day I have a pc next to my tv running as a streaming media center, haven't seen adverts or MSN on my tv in decades, watching what I want, when I want, since 2003.

FUCK MSN! DailyFail
These users thanked the author 420mFuk for the post (total 4):
Greenfingers (Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:21 am) • Treetrunk (Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:04 am) • Mrs Beefheart (Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:16 am) • The Aspie Toker (Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:34 am)
┌∩┐(_)┌∩┐
1ԼƠƔЄ ۞ Ξ√ΩLUT↑☼N
(_̅_̅_̅(̲̲(̅_̅_̲̅м̲̅a̲̅я̲̅i̲̅j­­­­­­­­­­­̲̅u̲̅a̲̅n̲̅a̲̅_̅_̅_­̅­(­)­ڪ­ ­ڪ­ے­~

Return to “World News & Current Affairs”