Thousands of people to be given cannabis as a painkiller every day in major new trial

World news & political affairs
The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Thousands of people to be given cannabis as a painkiller every day in major new trial

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Thousands of people to be given cannabis as a painkiller every day in major new trial that could pave the way for it being prescribed on the NHS

Cannabis will be tested as a pain relief drug on thousands of Britons – which, if successful, could see the drug prescribed on the NHS.

Cannabis will be taken daily through inhalers in the trial with 5,000 participants with chronic pain, caused by conditions including arthritis.

The ‘whole plant’ cannabis will be given through inhalers that vaporise the drug. The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (Nice) will then assess if cannabis should become an approved treatment for as many as 15million adults.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tions.html
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post (total 4):
Herbalist (Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:51 am) • Guest (Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:58 am) • Mrs Beefheart (Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:19 am) • 2-Scoops (Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:10 am)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Herbalist
Bud Of The Year Winner 2022

Re: Thousands of people to be given cannabis as a painkiller every day in major new trial

Post by Herbalist »

About time. Slow progress is better than no progress though.
These users thanked the author Herbalist for the post (total 3):
The Aspie Toker (Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:53 am) • Guest (Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:00 am) • Stickylemonz (Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:06 pm)
Making plans with a stoner is like being with a prostitute. They tell you they’re coming, but you know it’s a lie.

Tictok
Known User

Re: Thousands of people to be given cannabis as a painkiller every day in major new trial

Post by Tictok »

Progress to allow big pharma to make millions, expect tougher laws on personal growing so they can protect their interests.

Bitter sweet. The only reason you can schedule a drug in the uk to be illegal is that there has to be evidence that it causes harm. Yet here is a trial that will prove the opposite (besides the fact that there is no LD50 rating for cannabis (lethal dose)) and no evidence that it causes harm.

Personally , a few things have happened recently that made me question whether to stop growing altogether, which I don't want to do.

I love the hobby and have really got into the genetics side of things, dipping my toe into producing seed etc. So why am I having to feel the stress of growing a frikin plant that's deemed illegal.

I don't sell, I grow medicine for my wife (ptsd) and a friend with a brain tumor (who refused opiates), occasional rec for me but that's getting less as I don't need it per se. Thanks to this forum I've got better at it over the last couple of years, but the hypocrisy of the UK government is killing me right now.

In balance, this type of trial may serve to change perceptions of the plant. Certainly right now if my family and friends knew I grow they would genuinely think I was Britain's answer to Pablo Escobar and I would be demonised.

One can only hope that if it becomes decriminalised then there will be some personal limits in plants you can grow, but I don't hold out any hope right now.

Sorry, the timing of that article touched a nerve, I'm right on the cusp of jacking it all in, totally against what I want to do. All because of an outdated, misinformed law and a money orientated agenda from big pharma.

(Gets off soapbox.....quietly exits stage left..)
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post (total 5):
Herbalist (Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:43 am) • The Aspie Toker (Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:03 am) • 2-Scoops (Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:13 am) • FX (Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:36 pm) • Stickylemonz (Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:06 pm)

Post by Guest »

It's becoming more and more frequent in the news.

Is it time yet Boris 🧐
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 3):
The Aspie Toker (Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:03 am) • Tictok (Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:15 pm) • Stickylemonz (Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:06 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I doubt it will ever be legal in UK like it is over in States certainly not in my lifetime anyhow. That said this is better than a kick in bollox for peeps who do suffer with serious pain like myself. Personally speaking i make my own meds and the pain clinic up Hospital that i use know this, they dont know i grow but know i make butter and capsules from weed. Tbh i maybe able to get on board with this but id be robbing someone who is more deserved than myself cus as said i make my own and always will. Fuck em i dont give a rats either way on a personal level but tis bad shit for peeps who may give growing their own meds a go if it was legal so in that case tis piss poor on UK Governments behalf.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 5):
Tictok (Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:15 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:49 pm) • Herbalist (Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:44 pm) • Stickylemonz (Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:06 pm) • Guest (Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:18 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

For those interested, here is the site... https://lvlhealth.co.uk/
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post (total 4):
Herbalist (Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:43 pm) • Tictok (Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:47 pm) • 2-Scoops (Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:52 pm) • Stickylemonz (Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:07 pm)

Stickylemonz
Known User

Post by Stickylemonz »

Fingers crossed all goes good, atleast it is moving foward like @Herbalist said defo good news for once
These users thanked the author Stickylemonz for the post (total 2):
Tictok (Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:52 pm) • Herbalist (Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:16 am)

Return to “World News & Current Affairs”