First time using a dry sift screen

Make your own hashish, hash, resin & solid
grow_guided

First time using a dry sift screen

Post by grow_guided »

I have been messing around making little bits of hash now and again for a long while but this time around I had a nice bit of trim so decided to buy a screen.

I used to just use a silk scarf over a mixing bowl and I would get good enough results but it was a lot of work and hassle. Here are a couple pics of my hash bowl method Image

The screen lets me shake a lot more at the same time.

Lots of resin heads to collect.

It is a great way to spend an hour or two.
This was my first collection.

I did three runs
First and second together
The quality started to drop on the third run so I finished there and decarbed what was left to make butter.

In total I shook the trim and popcorn from five plants, no idea the weight lol and I got three good size balls of hash, I was happy.

First ball was very melty and smelled great, the two runs after that decreased bit where still smokable but the first would go in a banger.

Fun project and a nice stone.

Peace
grow_guided
These users thanked the author grow_guided for the post (total 4):
Rassensi (Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:13 pm) • Vador (Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:18 pm) • Sage (Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:21 pm) • flip (Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:27 pm)

Philzon   Vape4Ever
Rassensi
Known User

Re: First time using a dry sift screen

Post by Rassensi »

Looking tidy mate you ever had a go at making ice hash ? I always seem to get a batter return from my trim. Tho I have been playing with the idea of getting a screen for a while πŸ‘ŠπŸΌ
These users thanked the author Rassensi for the post (total 2):
Vador (Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:18 pm) • grow_guided (Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:29 pm)
Out here growing my own since 05

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Nice work, thought about doing similar in the past but never got round to it.
I remember seeing something years ago, was like a Ferris wheel with a screen all around it, you open a door on the side and chuck your bud in then a motor turns the wheel, always wanted to build it but just never got round to it.
Good effort though, enjoy
These users thanked the author Vador for the post (total 2):
Rassensi (Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:30 pm) • grow_guided (Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:33 pm)
β–‘β–ˆβ–’β–ˆβ–’β–„β–€β–„β–‘β–ˆβ–€β–„β–‘β–„β–€β–„β–’β–ˆβ–€β–„
β–‘β–€β–„β–€β–‘β–ˆβ–€β–ˆβ–’β–ˆβ–„β–€β–‘β–€β–„β–€β–‘β–ˆβ–€β–„

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was β€œwhat am I doing tonight”.

Rassensi
Known User

Post by Rassensi »

Vador wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:18 pm
I remember seeing something years ago, was like a Ferris wheel with a screen all around it, you open a door on the side and chuck your bud in then a motor turns the wheel, always wanted to build it but just never got round to it.
I’ve always said the same thing as well brother just never done it hahaha like this tho you mean Image
These users thanked the author Rassensi for the post (total 3):
grow_guided (Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:33 pm) • Vador (Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:36 pm) • duke (Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:14 pm)

grow_guided

Post by grow_guided »

Rassensi wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:16 pm
Looking tidy mate you ever had a go at making ice hash ? I always seem to get a batter return from my trim. Tho I have been playing with the idea of getting a screen for a while πŸ‘ŠπŸΌ
I have tried making ice water hash before but after a lot of reading found out that I really should have been using RO water and I have none of that at hand so I then tried dry ice extraction, where you put dry ice and trim in a micron mesh bag and shake it over a clean surface, I found that ruined the resin heads with to much cold, so I have settled on screen sifting, it’s only ever for me and the wife so it doesn’t matter too much the quantity.
These users thanked the author grow_guided for the post (total 2):
Rassensi (Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:35 pm) • duke (Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:17 pm)

grow_guided

Post by grow_guided »

They are meant to me awesome, I would love one I may try and buy one for next run
These users thanked the author grow_guided for the post:
duke (Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:17 pm)

grow_guided

Post by grow_guided »

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:31 pm
I’ve always said the same thing as well brother just never done it hahaha like this tho you mean Image
That’s a fine piece of kit, I think you can buy them cheep enough after a quick google. Awesome way to extract

Rassensi
Known User

Post by Rassensi »

grow_guided wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:32 pm
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:16 pm
I have tried making ice water hash before but after a lot of reading found out that I really should have been using RO water and I have none of that at hand so I then tried dry ice extraction, where you put dry ice and trim in a micron mesh bag and shake it over a clean surface, I found that ruined the resin heads with to much cold, so I have settled on screen sifting, it’s only ever for me and the wife so it doesn’t matter too much the quantity.
Can honestly say I’ve never used Ro water for making ice hash and never seen a problem bang on clean hash that’s full melt like this I used 1/half oz of trim from a OG Kush girl and this was the return around 9 grams if I remember correctly Image that’s the girl used ImageImageImageImage oh I don’t even use sacks for it either I use coffee filters πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰πŸ‘ŠπŸΌ
These users thanked the author Rassensi for the post (total 2):
Vador (Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:44 pm) • Guest (Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:57 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

That is a nice bit of kit, I looked for ages and could never find one, probably loads about these days

Rassensi
Known User

Post by Rassensi »

ImageImage couple of other bits made the same way it certainly does the job my mates have a habit of mount back to see if there’s any going spare πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚not likely boys
These users thanked the author Rassensi for the post:
Vador (Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:46 pm)

Return to β€œHashish/Hash Room”