Medicated brownies & Cannabutter Baking!

Cannabis Cooking and Recipes
Clicks

Medicated brownies & Cannabutter Baking!

Post by Clicks »

So, I just remembered I had about 2 ounces of sugar leaf trim and small popcorn buds from my last grow which intended to make into butter for edibles, so at the weekend I decided to dig it out and make some brownies!

I watched a few YouTube tutorials and just amalgamated the best bits of what I thought was best to do… turned out well so I’m pleased.

My grinder is tiny, so I ended up sticking all the trim into a bowl and using scissors to cut it all up as finely as possible, then spread it all across a baking tray

I popped it in the oven for 45 mins @ 120c

After it came out, I rubbed it all between my hands and made sure it was all ground up finely, put it into some cheese cloth/muslin squares and tied it together with string

I have a slow cooker, so after this I melted 454g of unsalted butter, then added a cup of water to make sure the clothes containing the decarbed herb were submerged.

I stirred them and pressed them against the sides consistently every 10 mins, and kept them in the slow cooker for approx 2.5hrs.

After this I drained all the butter and strained the cheese cloth as much as I possibly could, making sure not to waste a drop!

I poured this into a container and stuck in the fridge overnight… my mind was absolutely blown as the butter initially sank to the bottom, but in the morning it was solidified at the top with all the crappy water left at the bottom to drain out!!

After this I did as much research as I possibly could to even ROUGHLY work out the strength in milligrams so I knew how much butter to add to the brownies. I ended up adding about 117g of butter to my mix and it worked out PERFECTLY. I was aiming for about 100mg per brownie based on experience eating other edibles.

The batch made 9 brownies and my fiancé and I decided to eat one full brownie each, and Jesus Christ it absolutely floored us. It didn’t kick in for about 2 hours but after that, let’s just say we were merry genuinely couldn’t stop laughing for a solid 30 mins, I couldn’t breathe lol. We were both still stoned when we got up at 7am for work!!!!!

Anyways, hope you enjoyed!
These users thanked the author Clicks for the post (total 6):
The Aspie Toker (Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:56 pm) • Mrs Beefheart (Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:46 pm) • Hmr81 (Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:00 pm) • Growmie (Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:05 pm) • duke (Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:08 pm) • Ghost_In_A_Jar (Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:29 pm)

Mrs Beefheart
Respected Member

Re: Medicated brownies & Cannabutter Baking!

Post by Mrs Beefheart »

That’s a wicked write up hun one day I’ll get round to trying it , brownies look fab to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Mrs Beefheart for the post (total 2):
Clicks (Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:04 pm) • duke (Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:11 pm)

Clicks

Post by Clicks »

Mrs Beefheart wrote:That’s a wicked write up hun one day I’ll get round to trying it , brownies look fab to

Thanks!

They actually tasted really good, the weed taste wasn’t overpowering at all! If anything it complimented it…

I was in a rush so used a Mark’s and Spencer’s brownie mix, I’ll be doing them from scratch next time as I still have around another 240g of butter left, but if anyone wants to know - the M&S mix with that amount of butter tastes
These users thanked the author Clicks for the post:
Mrs Beefheart (Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:32 pm)

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

Very nice. If you add soy lecithin to the mix it helps the THC bind with the butter fats giving a bump in potency. If you don't like a "weed" taste adding water is the right call, it leaves coprophil and unwanted taste in the water portion, alto in a small loss in potency.
These users thanked the author Sage for the post:
Clicks (Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:59 pm)
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

Clicks

Post by Clicks »

Sage wrote:Very nice. If you add soy lecithin to the mix it helps the THC bind with the butter fats giving a bump in potency. If you don't like a "weed" taste adding water is the right call, it leaves coprophil and unwanted taste in the water portion, alto in a small loss in potency.
Great tips. I’ve got another ounce at least left to play with here, so I’ll use some of your tips in the next batch. Maybe even use coconut oil, but just not sure what recipes etc I could use it in.

Any tips or knowledge about infusing oils?

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

pretty much same process for oil, I would suggest thinking beyond sweets. anything you would use butter or oil in could be infused, think infused salad dressing, or homemade Mayo for infused sandwiches. Here's a link to other food ideas, https://www.magicalbutter.com/recipes and my own cocktails instructions. https://www.growroom420.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=9616

Return to “The Great Canna Bake Off!”