surprisingly good strains, add yours

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
bigbadbillybob
Known User

surprisingly good strains, add yours

Post by bigbadbillybob »

ok, well here i go again with another one.
Name a couple of strains that you have grown which have surprised you by how good they were.

I'll start
first up - pyramid seeds white widow auto. this was one of the first strains i did, years ago, i grew it in mud, orgnically, about 15 yrs ago, and scored about 3 zips per plant off it. SUrprisingly, for me anyway, it was like getting in a time capsule and transporting myself back to when i lived in Holland for a short while, Amsterdam, 1990 something, and smoking copious amounts of my then favourite strain - k2 in numerous coffee shops.it was from, i think it was homegrown fantaseeds. its a hindu kush cross white widow strain (the K2, this is), and it was perfect - strong, great buzz, lovely taste etc. the pyramid widow was very similar, similar taste and stone, was lovely stuff.

next surprise, for me was pineapple express-g13.
i smoked some street version of this yonks ago and it was shit, but thats probably because it wasnt even pineapple express.
i grew it a few years back and its a belter, lovely tasty strong weed, that keeps you high and has a great buzz. ive just dipped another one, to keep as a mother.

oh and choco mint og, it was really nice too, ask the grouse, even he liked it..... i grew 6 and half of them hermied, so, er not very stable, but bloody lovely smoke, smooth, tasty as fook and po---tent.

Next/....................????
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post:
The Shanchez (Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:40 pm)

TTL
Known User

Re: surprisingly good strains, add yours

Post by TTL »

Should just say half of the choco mint og Nooked on you.
These users thanked the author TTL for the post:
bigbadbillybob (Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:45 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Maybe not surprisingly good but more very good a few older and not so old dutch strains i like lots are>>

g13 labs > blue venom

sensi seeds > jack herer

Soma`s > nyc diesel. :)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
bigbadbillybob (Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:45 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

notice these are all older strains Jimmy, same as my own choices , well apart from cmog hermie fest.

i dint know the G13 founders came from the UK, before heading to AMsterdam,
i didnt know that till 5 minutes ago, but they do some good stuff, thier superskunk was another good one. i think they are pretty under rated as a breeder.
the traditional strains have always been good, the blue venom is widow crossed with blueberry, both have been about for yonks.
same with the jack, its an oldie too. but i dont think its the same as the old jack, its no where near as potent these days.
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post:
2-Scoops (Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:35 pm)

Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

I grew some S.A.G.E by TH seeds about 6 months back that caught me off guard a bit. It had a super enjoyable soaring sativa high. It was a real mood lifter. Smoking it with a coffee in the morning would just fill me with joy. It made listening to music super enjoyable. Great day time smoke. It was had a really solid yield too. But it was a full 10 weeks in flower.

I don't grow autos anymore. But when I did... Delicious Seeds Critical Neville Haze was hands down the best auto I came across. It finished in like 75days from seed. Massive spear like colas and a huge resin producer. The high was electric and kinda scary.

A really good AK47 is a thing of beauty. Or a 90s super skunk..,its in a baggie, stuffed in a wallet, in your pocket...you get on a bus on in a car and everyone swings to look in your direction. That 90s skunk was always ninja turtle green
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post:
bigbadbillybob (Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:56 pm)
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

ive heard that thseeds sage is a good one, produces some mondo colas too dont it?
Delicious seeds are hugely under rated, they do some great criticl crosses, thier critical yumbolt was a favourite for yonks, it pumped out big colas tooo

nice....Anyone else been surpised by a strain ?

omgBoNg
Known User

Post by omgBoNg »

g13, chem dawg, purple haze, cream caramel by sweet seeds
i know im missing one or 2 more maybe ill think of them in a bit
These users thanked the author omgBoNg for the post:
bigbadbillybob (Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:52 pm)

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

Barneys dos si dos 33 actually lived up to its description for me and I'm a fairly shitty grower so it must be good. Averaged a bit over 5 zips a plant my first bash at it, first time in coco etc. Its got a nice old stone too it
These users thanked the author Nom for the post (total 2):
Treetrunk (Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:46 am) • bigbadbillybob (Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:30 pm)

Trex

Post by Trex »

Blow Dream auto Victory seeds . Huge buds the lenght of my arm , nice scalp tingling cerebral high followed by a nice light relax !

Amherst Sour Diesel Humboldt seeds . Nice purple pheno i got , easy to grow , excellent all round high !!
These users thanked the author Trex for the post (total 2):
bigbadbillybob (Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:00 pm) • camkush (Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:20 pm)

Paul_led
Respected Member

Post by Paul_led »

Pineapple Express auto from barneys farm was the first ever plant I grew having smoked shitty street weed for 10 years ,
Finished in 70 days from planting the seed. Produced 5oz ( for the first plant I ever grew was gonna smacked ) and the smoke was amazing ! Tasted sweet, nice fruity after tone on the lips and the hit ........ I only smoke bongs , pipes and now vapes , so hit it in the bong after a month in jars curing ...... 2 full bowls and BOOM !!! My first whitey since I was about 17 , literally passed out lmfao
I am growing another as I write this Image
This ones fecking huge

Paul
These users thanked the author Paul_led for the post (total 5):
sqydroshydros (Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:08 am) • Treetrunk (Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:28 am) • bigbadbillybob (Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:36 am) • 2-Scoops (Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:26 pm) • sybarite (Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:08 am)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”