Spoetnik #1 - paradise seeds.

Cannabis strain reviews. Cannabis smoke review.
ohlordyeah_420
Respected Member

Spoetnik #1 - paradise seeds.

Post by ohlordyeah_420 »

Parentage: afghani x with Dutch genes
Numbers of grows or years growing: 1 grow, 5 plants, 1 pheno type noted.
Grow Equipment, Location & Style: Loft, 1.2mx1.2mx1.8m Tent and 600w viparspectra led light for veg and 600w hps added for flower.
Germination: Paper Towel Method
Flowering: 10 weeks from flip
Soil Grow: yes
Grow Medium: Bio bizz all mix
Nutes/Feed: Canna bio vega/ flores/ boost/ Rhizotonic/ seaweed extract
Weeks of veg: 6 weeks
Weeks of flower: 10 weeks from flip
Colour of thrichs at time of harvest: 20% amber, 80% cloudy
Wet yield: Never weigh wet
Drying time: 7 Days 
Dry Yield: around 9 Oz of bud and 3 Oz trim.
Curing time at the date of the review: 13 weeks
Bud Density: 7 /10 :
Bud Appearance Comments: frosty, medium density
Grindability: 7/10 
Smell in veg: 6/10 herbal, almost fresh mint.
Smell in flower: 5/10 – not that strong, herbal and dank.
Smell after curing: 6/10 fresh tea, cedar and slight sweetish skunky notes.
Smell of smoke: 6/10 
Taste: 6/10 
The High: 8/10 
Length of buzz : 6/10 (cerebral high disappears for full body stone)

Why this strain? Let me take you back to a very cold Amsterdam in February of this year. I was there on my post Christmas break and had all ready decided I wanted to start growing. So after spending January devouring the strain hunters series I went to the greenhouse coffeeshop in Amsterdam a little drunk and very high one night to talk seeds with a guy budtender who also sold those desired beans. A little smalltalk to and fro and a couple of jokes and the guy told me he wasn't going to sell me seeds! I was like 'what?!' He explained that he saw that I wasn't a 'kid' and was doing this for the right reasons (clean, reliable medicine and recreational fun) and told me to go to the Amsterdam seed bank and talk to them about seeds. He also said he would not recommend greenhouse seeds but instead go for a few other seed banks (rare dankness was one my stoned brain remembers) and the folks at the Amsterdam seed centre would steer me in the right direction.
The very next day that's where I headed (less beer in me but just as high) and had a talk with a lovely, helpful lady who told us that a good starter strain was Spoetnik #1 by paradise seeds. She said it was very, very hardy and great for beginners. So that's why I chose spoetnik for my first grow.
Being my first grow I did fuck up a couple of bits but nothing crazy. Everything I threw at it it took like a champ. All plants grew, looked and smelt the same. Nice fresh herbal smell during vegging. A little lighter during flowering.
High: it's 90% indica. That's pretty accurate I'd say as it gives you that fun cerebral high and thay fades to a full, heavy body stone. It took me so long to write this report as everytime I smoked a j I couldn't be fucked moving afterwards 😂. I'm used to the high now (one jar left! 😐) but for the first few weeks it kept knocking me and the missus out. We would get high put a film on and be sleeping towards the end.
Taste: metallic, earthy, grape skin. Not bad but not the best for taste. Ideal for sleeping issues. If you put this in an edible you will (and I have done so) have no issues sleeping.
diary link me do

"I fucking hate harvesting. I like planting the things and watering them, and looking after them, talking to them. I don't like fucking harvesting."

"You like smoking them, though."

"Oh, I like smoking them."
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Return to “Strain Reviews”