CBD Edibles

Medicinal & health benefits of cannabis
osci9

CBD Edibles

Post by osci9 »

If I'm growing a high CBD strain, will the cbd extract the same way THC does if I'm making cannabutter/oil?
These users thanked the author osci9 for the post (total 2):
Elias (Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:32 pm) • TommyT (Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:48 am)

Elias

Re: CBD Edibles

Post by Elias »

osci9 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:16 pm
If I'm growing a high CBD strain, will the cbd extract the same way THC does if I'm making cannabutter/oil?
Yes mate. Just crack on as normal :Stoned:
These users thanked the author Elias for the post:
osci9 (Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:33 pm)

rollerboy
Has thanked: 0

Post by rollerboy »

Hi there, I am making cannabutter too. I think that it is very useful oil for our body. Cannabis plants have been widely used for centuries for both medicinal and recreational use. So, I don't share the opinion that marijuana is harmful. Now, many people stop to smoke weed and try something new. That's why edibles or weed gummies have grown in popularity. These edibles often contain cannabutter. I like to smoke edibles so I decide to do the cannabutter by myself. For me cannabutter is a versatile, smokeless cannabis product and I used it to improve sleep quality and treat nausea, vomiting, and pain.
Last edited by Sage on Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link to illegal sales removed

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

@rollerboy Hello and welcome to the forums. We have a policy of no sales or links to sales of illegal drugs. That is why I removed the link. Please enjoy the site and have a nice day.
These users thanked the author Sage for the post:
TommyT (Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:47 am)
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

sageridder wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:52 pm
@rollerboy Hello and welcome to the forums. We have a policy of no sales or links to sales of illegal drugs. That is why I removed the link. Please enjoy the site and have a nice day.
You won't be seeing him any more.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post (total 2):
TommyT (Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:47 am) • IMO (Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:01 am)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

TommyT
Known User

Post by TommyT »

osci9 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:16 pm
Like all the others have previously said. You'll be fine. Don't make it too hard. It's really easy to do.
The main thing that you don't want to forget is to decarboxylate your weed before you make it into cannabutter/oil.
Honestly the word is harder to pronounce than actually doing the task.
Here's how I do it:
Spread your weed out on a baking sheet and bake for 240 degrees for 40 minutes on the middle rack.
Now your weed is ready to consume. Well... I don't recommend eating it. :sick:
Here's a good how to on Leafly:
https://www.leafly.com/news/lifestyle/r ... annabutter
These users thanked the author TommyT for the post:
osci9 (Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:54 pm)
Purple Punch From Seedstockers
The other day when I was high I solved one of the world's greatest problems.
Unfortunately five minutes later I forgot what I was doing.

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

Chad.Westport wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:00 pm
Yes, all of the processes will be the same for you.

At the legal stores here, there are some good choices. I've tried everything from a 40:1 (cbd:thc) to the more common ratios of 1:1, 2:1 ect. My body tends to like the 2:1 best, my favorite is a gummy with 10mg cbd and 2mg thc.
Which ratio would you recommend to someone with almost zero tolerance to THC? Does the 40:1 or the 20:1 still produce a high and is it a less intense high than 1:1 or 1:10?

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

Chad.Westport wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:21 am
the 40:1 or 20:1 would be ideal, there should be no psychoactive effect from the THC but the CBD also will give your body sort of a hum. For a person who isn't familiar with that feeling (not a smoker) I would start with a smaller dose and titrate to find the right dosage.

For someone who has never taken these cannabinoids before, there may be what medical professionals call a therapeutic window. Basically means it may not have an effect the first time, as the levels in the body have not reach a level of tangible effects. Or it hits you the first time. Thats why the "start low, go slow" slogan comes in. You can always eat more, but one you eat it, you are in for the ride.

So, with THC I'll start someone with a placebo if I think they are super worried, because if they work it up in their head and start to panic, you know for a fact, they did not ingest any THC. But if you think the person can handle it, I suggest 2.5mg and after two hours if not feeling anything, try another 2.5 mg and then call it a day whether you feel it or not. If you don't, start at 5mg the next day. Tbh, I start feeling good at 100mg, my lifelong buddy who use to smoke with me all the time, 5mg is enough to make him feel like I do on 100mg. Metabolism will also play a role with edibles. Slower the metabolism, the longer it will take for you to feel the onset of effects.
I do want to feel an effect of the THC, just not so much that I panic and have an anxiety attack. I'll give that a go

Wayne36
Known User

Post by Wayne36 »

Chad.Westport wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:00 pm
Yes, all of the processes will be the same for you.

At the legal stores here, there are some good choices. I've tried everything from a 40:1 (cbd:thc) to the more common ratios of 1:1, 2:1 ect. My body tends to like the 2:1 best, my favorite is a gummy with 10mg cbd and 2mg thc.
Wow 40 % CBd I wish when I had my license I only got like 14 % threw this program I dont remeber it to mich but yeah lol

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

love all the information in the answers to this thread! Well done and thank you
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Return to “Medical Cannabis”