when to harvest if growing for high cbd,answered.

Medicinal & health benefits of cannabis
duke
Respected Member

when to harvest if growing for high cbd,answered.

Post by duke »

hi all i have recently been looking into the tricky subject of cbd strains and when is best to harvest them for the highest cbd count,well idk if you ever tried a google search on the subject ?i have and found so many varied opinions and very much confusion and masses of misinformation! so i gave up on google and thought about it for a few days then decided the best people to ask would be the guys that grow and breed strains for the sole purpose of gaining high cbd strains so i have been in touch with dinafem as they are very good cautious breeders and have lab tested every step of the way through breeding and growing out there strains and unlike most freely publish such things for all to see,also contacted cbd crew another found to be trustworthy breeder the answer from dinafem came the very next day but is rather brief and to the point, Strain with CBD are harvest at the same point of strains with high THC. Basically take the flowering days as a reference and look at the trichomes and pistils colors throughout the plant.

well its an answer! so basic it explain nothing clearly!
cbd crew have been in touch today and even bothered to ring me and chat a very helpful fellow told me that they wait for all cloudy trichomes and at the first sign of amber trichomes ie around 10% has been found to produce the most consistent lab results for high cbd (high is anything above 3%) he also pointed out the obvious that plant care and feeding should be as good as possible good light and care not to overheat the plants during flowering also aids good trichome production.
an interesting point was the fact that automatic strains carry naturally higher cbd than most photoperiods as they are closer genetically to hemp and wild cannabis that has not had the cbd levels bred out of them like most high thc strains on the market i have a few trichome at harvest pics being sent to me which i shall post here for guidance,i hope this help clarify the subject, also a little input from @realmed on the subject,
Anyhow it's pretty much same as THC, but to get lower THC% you want to harvest clear-milky with out any Amber. I read the way people can grow some strains in Co. is they harvest them early to keep the THC % down. Like Harlequin harvest early is a 2 to 1 but harvest later with 20% amber it's a 1.1. Hope that helps..
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 9):
Paul_led (Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:56 pm) • flip (Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:12 pm) • TTL (Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:15 pm) • IMO (Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:50 pm) • bigbadbillybob (Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:53 pm) • The Shanchez (Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:44 pm) • Keeno (Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:37 am) • Trex (Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:44 pm) • FX (Fri May 28, 2021 12:17 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Paul_led
Respected Member

Re: when to harvest if growing for high cbd,answered.

Post by Paul_led »

Interesting reading as I potted up 3 cbd autos this afternoon :-)

Paul
These users thanked the author Paul_led for the post:
duke (Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:29 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Great thread thanks for the post and contacting a few companies it’s something I have been trying to figure out for awhile.

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

I have been thinking about growing a cbd strain, thanks for the post...

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Love this!! I always look at Trichomes as that’s how I was taught but amazing read for sure and love how they helped answer that question
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post:
Trex (Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:45 pm)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Made this a while back
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post:
Trex (Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:45 pm)

Return to “Medical Cannabis”