carrier oils and there use in cannabis oil

Medicinal & health benefits of cannabis
duke
Respected Member

carrier oils and there use in cannabis oil

Post by duke »

hi all
i thought i would share a little gem given to me by a good friend with much more expertise than me in the use of cannabis oil medicine and how to get the most benefit from it easily so anyone can make the most of even smaller amounts,got to be good thing yes?
well among the reasons for me using carrier oils are firstly,
Better Absorption
One key reason for using a carrier oil is that it improves bioavailability, which means it helps your body absorb cannabinoids that are fat-soluble, which means that it dissolves in oil rather than water. Fat-soluble substances are better absorbed when digested along with fat, even in small amounts.

When you digest water-soluble substances, like sugar or many vitamins and minerals, your digestive tract sends them directly into your bloodstream (because blood is a water-based liquid).

Fat-soluble substances can’t be absorbed this way. Instead, your digestive tract sends them into fatty tissues and they’re distributed through your body by the lymphatic system, which is part of your immune system. Any excess is stored in your liver and fatty tissues for later use,but by using carrier oils with long chain fatty acids your liver is busy eating up the long chain fatty acids whilst the cannabinoids slip past so you get them where you want them hopefully working to help pain and inflamation and relieve anxiety better.

All carrier oils are fat-soluble, which means cannabinoids dissolves in it. Then the oil carries the cannabinoids into the proper tissues so they’re more accessible by your body.
among the most common oil most folk have in the kitchen olive oil is a good choice.
my favorite choice is now a mix of virgin coconut oil and cold pressed flax seed oil mixed 50=50 this makes working with it as a carrier oil easier as it no longer sets hard when it cools down as i find this makes filling capsules from a syringe a tiresome affair and constantly blocking up makes a mess!
i shall include some other choices for carrier oils and will in due course add the "biobomb" recipe ala @chew of which i have been grateful as using them makes so much better use of less oil.
and i can help more when friends need if you know what i mean :naughty:
Most people don’t have side effects from common carrier oils. Some oils, though, may not be right for people with certain illnesses or who take certain medications. Always check with your healthcare provider before adding anything to your dietary regimen—even a “natural” product like cannabis oil in a carrier oil. Natural doesn’t always mean safe.
i have been informed the flaxseed oil helps constipation caused by opoid medicines but in excess can be a bit of a repeater as in when you burp you can taste it.

If you have tree-nut allergies or other food allergies, be especially diligent about selecting products with carrier oils you know are safe for you. All ingredients should be specified on the label.
needless to say your meds will only be as good as the ingredients and the cannabis must be properly mature and best if you make the oil yourself as theres some suspect so called oil on the market,
so some common around the kitchen type oils that make good carrier oils are,

flaxseed oil Linseed oil, also known as flaxseed oil or flax oil, is a colourless to yellowish oil obtained from the dried, ripened seeds of the flax plant. The oil is obtained by pressing,( sometimes followed by solvent extraction, note i do not use any made with solvents only organic cold pressed) Linseed oil is a drying oil, meaning it can polymerize into a solid form.
olive lOlive oil is a liquid fat obtained from olives, a traditional tree crop of the Mediterranean Basin, produced by pressing whole olives and extracting the oil. It is commonly used in cooking, for frying foods or as a salad dressing.
grape seed oil ,Grape seed oil is a vegetable oil derived from the seeds of grapes. A by-product of the winemaking industry, it is typically used for edible applications and is a good carrier oil.
sunflower oil Sunflower Oil
Affordable and packed with health benefits, sunflower oil is also commonly used as a carrier oil for cannabis As you’d expect from its name, sunflower oil is produced from sunflower seeds, which are pressed to excrete the plant’s oil.

While sunflower oil’s benefits don’t quite match those of coconut oil, it offers a range of advantages that make it worth considering.

First, sunflower oil is linked to improvements in skin health. Rich in vitamin E, sunflower oil may help to promote the growth of replacement skin cells, resulting in smoother, healthier skin that’s less affected by UV damage.
and so i do add to topical meds for treating skin.
biobomb ala chew,

If you are treating a medical condition it's important to get the very most from your meds. Taking Cannabis Oil orally is easy but the fact is, the bioavailability is very poor. 20% or less will survive the trip through your stomach acids and the enzymes in your liver. So be clear, if you ingested 1 gram of CO, you'll only benefit from 200 mgs or less :(

The way round this is to make the CO more bioavailable (around 80-90% in total!) and create an atmosphere of Competitive Inhibition. Sound tricky eh? But no, it's easy and here's how to do it :)

Please note: Avoid Flaxseed if treating estrogen-based cancer, such as some breast cancers. For liver cancer, go with coconut oil.

You will need the following....

Size 00 capsules

Small cup/glass

Non lignan Flaxseed oil (you can use extra virgin olive oil, grape seed oil etc)

Liquid Lecithin

Syringe

Cannabis oil

Place 1 gram of CO into your small cup/glass

Add 5 grams of your chosen carrier oil and place the cup in a warm water bath and mix well

Add 10 grams of liquid lecithin and mix well

Once fully mixed, place your mixture in the fridge for 24 hrs making sure you mix again after around 12 hrs

After 24 hrs, place back into a warm water bath until runny

Insert into capsules

Size 00 caps are meant to hold 0.95ml/g. Only fill with 0.9ml/g or the air will stop the caps locking together and it becomes a ball ache!

These work out 15:1. Don't go lower but you can increase the carrier if you wish. If you need a higher dose such as when fighting cancer, just take more capsules to reach your dose :)

This method blows ingesting straight cannabis oil out the water! :)
These work a treat whether ingesting or the back door. The lecithin helps protect the meds & get absorbed much quicker and as a result, more cannabinoids getting to the right place.

Please remember folks, euphoria is not an indication of an effective dose. Yes, these can hit hard and fast (if you're new to oil/cannabis) but the idea is to get as much of the meds absorbed before the liver gets a chance to process it. You should also make sure you eat or take a spoonful of coconut oil 30-40 mins before dosing. Again, this will keep the liver busy and allow the cannabinoids to slip passed like a ninja :)

for those in need of fast effect and possibly overpowering thc hit then our old friend and so far absent colleague @chew gave us this recipe,

Disclaimer: The Chew accepts no responsibility if you land on Button Moon. Don't expect me to pay the cab fare back !

Warning: THC will hit immediately and at full force! Proceed with caution!

Now that above may seem dramatic, but it what i was told. These don't do anything for me, but hardcore oilers, fighting cancer say, one of these smashed them for 6-8 hours. I find this really hard to believe but they have no reason to lie. I'm also not the only one to report this. Who knows why some seem to be in orbit, whilst others don't really feel a thing ?

Dilute 1g of CO (cannabis oil) with 20g flaxseed oil. Mix that with 3 more full tbs of the flaxseed oil & 1 tbs of liquid lecithin.

Refrigerate for 24 hours.

Insert the mix in to the capsules.

Done.

As you can see, the cannabinoid content will be very low per capsule.

Good luck if you try it and please report back if you do :)

Mon the button moon :)
also this one is interesting i admit i have not been brave enough yet to try it but one day,for cancer sufferers again from chew,
THE CANNA BUDWIG PROTOCOL
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP5U9aNBnmE&t=1s[/youtube]
So whats so special about this?

The cottage cheese contains the amino acid Cysteine. Cysteine contains sulfhydryl groups, which are groups having sulfur atom bonded to a hydrogen atom. The carrier oil contains polyunsaturated fatty acids, most importantly alpha-linoeic (omega 3) and linoleic (omega 6)

When you combine the cottage cheese and the carrier oil the sulfhydryl groups and the polyunsaturated fatty acids cause a chemical reaction that makes the carrier oil water soluble. This allows the carrier oil, and the meds we've bonded to that carrier oil by also using lecithin in our mix, to be absorbed into the cell membranes

The cell membranes are supported by the unsaturated fatty acids, which have an electron cloud, allowing them to bond to oxygen. This aids in cellular respiration . Without the essential fatty acids the cells struggle to get adequate oxygen. Cancer cells cannot survive in a highly oxygenated atmosphere. One of the things that needs to happen to allow cancer to get a foothold is a breakdown in the cellular respiration rate :)
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 3):
Keeno (Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:05 pm) • MrNice (Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:24 pm) • Zipp (Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:32 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

MrNice
Respected Member

Re: carrier oils and there use in cannabis oil

Post by MrNice »

Cheers duke very helpful
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
duke (Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:19 pm)

Return to “Medical Cannabis”