Prescription Cannabis

Medicinal & health benefits of cannabis
FX
Known User

Prescription Cannabis

Post by FX »

Okay, so I had my first legal cannabis delivered, 10ml each of thc and cbd oil and 20g flower:
The oils are MCT based and for sublingual application i.e. You use a oral dosing syringe and place it under your tounge for 10 minutes or so.
The flower gets irradiated with gamma radiation which is known to decrease the amount of terpenes, although they say the profile remains the same...
The tub i had is a propriety strain called EMT2 and branded Adven, it cost £50 for that 20g tub (£5 a gram) which is a subsidised price due to the access scheme I got on.
Opening the tub was underwhelming, very little smell, what there was just smealt earthy. It also seemed a little dryer than you would aim for in your own bud.
So I loaded up a dosing cap and fired up my crafty, the taste wasn't great but through the bubbler I have for the crafty, it's smooth and has a slight floral/citrus taste which was pleasant enough.
The effects where spot on though, its a powerful indica body stone (the tub says its 70% indica) and really helped my pain which was nice, the effects were strong but fairly shortlived.

The cbd oil is 50mg/ml broad spectrum, cost £50 for 10ml, its not got the most pleasant taste but its bearable lol... I was surprised by how much it helped my general fibro ache, previous cbd I have tried hasn't helped anywhere near as much but with the state of the legal cbd market, its probably not a huge shock that actual pharmaceutical grade cbd works better...

The thc oil tastes a lot better but until I upped the dose to the maximum of 0.5ml I didn't really notice any effect and even then its minimal.
These users thanked the author FX for the post (total 6):
MrNice (Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:53 pm) • Mrs Beefheart (Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:02 pm) • GMO (Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:54 pm) • Keeno (Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:13 pm) • duke (Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:03 pm) • Budgie (Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:19 am)
“Although I am a typical loner in daily life, my consciousness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has preserved me from feeling isolated.” - Albert Einstein

MrNice
Respected Member

Re: Prescription Cannabis

Post by MrNice »

Fx why the flower gets irradiated with gamma radiation
what they trying to kill
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post (total 2):
FX (Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:04 pm) • Guest (Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:20 pm)

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

So in conclusion as medicine its fairly effective as bud it leaves a lot to be desired, there are a few other medical brands around but from what I can tell from the pics and reviews on the UK medical cannabis subreddit, this is par for the course.

It's great that I can get a prescription, it's great that it works, I'm even willing to accept not getting as stoned due to the cbd oil as it makes a big difference to my fibromyalgia pain, the constant throbbing of every muscle in my body gets turned down a lot. The costs are not so good and homegrown bud is so much nicer lol so will I continuewith the scripts? Not sure, I may get the cbd oil and a small amount of flower, just to keep the legality of having a script. It's much less stressful having a vape out and about now...
These users thanked the author FX for the post:
Keeno (Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:13 pm)

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

MrNice wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:54 pm
what they trying to kill
The reason for it they normally give is to kill off mould spores and to increase shelf life, same as irradiated foods which have been "proven safe", however few studies have been done into inhaling vapour from irradiated bud, even though its quite common internationally.
Interesting fact, you aren't allowed to smoke medical canna, it has to be vapourised or you are still breaking the law...
Guest (Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:20 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Interesting how much was the flower and for how much?

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

IMO wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:26 pm
Interesting how much was the flower and for how much?
A fiver a gram, that's the cheapest cost per gram there is, the prices go up to £17 a gram for some strains
IMO (Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:42 pm)

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

If you are interested, there was a price list posted on reddit:
These users thanked the author FX for the post (total 2):
Guest (Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:21 pm) • MrNice (Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:27 pm)

Finchmad_79
Known User

Post by Finchmad_79 »

How hard/ long was the process from start to finish?
These users thanked the author Finchmad_79 for the post:
FX (Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:58 pm)

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

Finchmad_79 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:13 pm
How hard/ long was the process from start to finish?
Actually really quick and simple even though the holidays happened right in the middle of it all.

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

FX wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:03 pm
MrNice wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:54 pm
what they trying to kill
The reason for it they normally give is to kill off mould spores and to increase shelf life, same as irradiated foods which have been "proven safe", however few studies have been done into inhaling vapour from irradiated bud, even though its quite common internationally.
Interesting fact, you aren't allowed to smoke medical canna, it has to be vapourised or you are still breaking the law...
it has to be vapourised or you are still breaking the law...

How so fx seems strange

Return to “Medical Cannabis”