why uk doctors are not prescribing cannabis

Medicinal & health benefits of cannabis
duke
Respected Member

why uk doctors are not prescribing cannabis

Post by duke »

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... 60957cf867
says it all to me,
The NICE guidelines are basically saying: ‘Don’t prescribe it for chronic pain,’ and this is really hampering UK physicians,” she explained.

“They may only be guidelines but physicians train for 15 years – it is their livelihood. Going against the guidelines would be frowned upon"
again how can this be when its meant to be legal for prescription since 2018?
Medical cannabis expert Prof Mike Barnes says there is a real “fear of the unknown” of a drug that was once viewed as dangerous. “Doctors are cautious and conservative and don’t like the unknown,” he said. “There are only a handful of doctors prescribing it, which is just ridiculous.”
speaking from my own experience of helping others with cannabis medicines i have seen first hand firstly with my tina and treating her cancer and chronic pain then again with my daughter who sufferes epilepsy that fails conventional treatments and the cannabis oil worked very well and in both cases they where refused any sort of cannabis medicine and now we see why,weak ineffectual guidance from nice to the doctors and telling them NOT to prescribe for chronic pain is so stupid and wrong,my tina would be on double the amount of dangerous addictive opiods without the oil i make her and she uses daily,
time for change and clear guidance for prescribers and for the so called consultants at the pain clinics to stand up and demand change,lol :topic: thoughts? link to what got me started moaning this time is at top of page,gggrrrr :strangling: :surrender: glad we grow our own,peace
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 2):
2Acres (Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:33 am) • 2-Scoops (Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:44 am)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

MrNice
Respected Member

Re: why uk doctors are not prescribing cannabis

Post by MrNice »

Duke google sapphire cannabis clinics there in the uk

For medical cannabis in UK contact Sapphire Medical Clinics. We provide doctors and patients with an expert opinion on their medical condition embracing
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post:
duke (Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:24 pm)

Return to “Medical Cannabis”