a tale of 2 drugs thc and gabapentin

Medicinal & health benefits of cannabis
duke
Respected Member

a tale of 2 drugs thc and gabapentin

Post by duke »

hi all like lots of other people my tina gets oxycontin and gabapentin prescriptions for neuropathic pain which i supplement with cannabis oil that i grow and produce (high thc) well i found this vid about the 2 drugs and how pfizer have pushed gabapentin without real proof or testing for the efficacy,this is a real doctor from canada i have checked his credentials and there quite real,makes me wonder is it doing more harm than good?thoughts welcome as im sure theres plenty others given the same treatments esp since doctors have been discouraged from prescribing opiates at the rate they where,vid
These users thanked the author duke for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:01 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

sir-scrogalot

Re: a tale of 2 drugs thc and gabapentin

Post by sir-scrogalot »

Interesting, I have gabapentin for my nerve pain in my back and also carbamazepine for my neuralgia. I find the gabapentin wasn't really doing anything as my dose wasn't enough, I was on 900mg a day. I found ibuprofen works better.

For my neuralgia I could use gabapentin or carbamazepine as they both do the same thing for nerve surpression but the carbamazepine works better.

After some of my own research I discovered high cbd stains are awesome for relieving my trigeminal neuralgia, quicker than carbamazepine and without having to take does to build it up in my system. I was using the silver lime haze I got from the forum 1 - 1 thc cbd Strain. Interestingly high thc strains make it worse in terms of neuralgia pain.
These users thanked the author sir-scrogalot for the post (total 2):
duke (Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:06 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:02 pm)
Take a look at my new blog - www.grow-life.blog

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

If your worried about gabapentin maybe ask to Doctor to switch Tina over to pregabalin, both similar nerve blocker type drugs @duke
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
duke (Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:52 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:02 pm) • Budgie (Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:21 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:45 pm
If your worried about gabapentin maybe ask to Doctor to switch Tina over to pregabalin, both similar nerve blocker type drugs @duke
I've had pregabalin in the past. It left me being a zombie and not able to do anything. Now, along with opiates, I'm on 600mg of gabapentin per day as a starter.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
duke (Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:31 pm)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

Pregababalin is just a precursor to gabapentin, meaning that your body metabilises it into gabapentin. From what I have seen, it makes withdrawal a lot worse. If I was a cynical person, I might think it was just made as gabapentin is out of copyright now...
These users thanked the author FX for the post (total 3):
duke (Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:31 pm) • The Aspie Toker (Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:22 pm) • Budgie (Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:22 pm)
“Although I am a typical loner in daily life, my consciousness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has preserved me from feeling isolated.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “Medical Cannabis”