KrazyDave has another experiment to try!

Medicinal & health benefits of cannabis
KD
Known User

Re: KrazyDave has another experiment to try!

Post by KD »

Marcus wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:50 am
Once you allow yourself to not be afraid of the anxiety, it holds no power over you.

Try embracing and facing those anxiety driven thoughts.

Cannabis is not the cure and answer to everything, like some would have us believe.

Sometimes a bit of soul searching, digging in the crates of the mind and accepting your issues is the best therapy.
Totally agree. The cannabis hasn't changed, it's only what's going on inside that has. I've treated a lot of the symptoms through accepting them for what they are. Like a panic attack that makes me think I can't breathe... I know that I can and reminding myself of that fact usually stops that symptom in its tracks.

Although It isn't a cure, it is far better for managing the problem than prescription pills. It helps me to be a functioning member of society rather than a zombie that's dead inside like xanax and Escitralopram did.

I'm at a point now where I can control it to some extent... Just the other night in work too many orders came in at once and the anxious feelings hit. I kinda told myself in my head "fuck off with this shit, nows not the time" and it went away and I smashed the orders out no problem.

Can't seem to do that at night when I want to relax though. Racing thoughts are super hard to calm without some sort of help. Some people choose alcohol, some people take the meds... I like something relatively safe... Like weed 😁 plus it tastes fuckin wonderful.

After this discussion I'm starting to think that maybe chasing the high isn't worth it. I'll try stronger ratios of CBD:THC up to 1:1 though, purely to see if something works better than something else.

I've also found that any strain high in limonine helps too, and also tastes amazing! I even ate half a lemon in work one night hoping that anxious knot would dissappear and it did... For about half an hour. Can't keep eating lemons though, ill end up with no teeth lol
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
Marcus (Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:34 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

KD wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:23 pm
Once you allow yourself to not be afraid of the anxiety, it holds no power over you.

Cannabis is not the cure and answer to everything, like some would have us believe.

Sometimes a bit of soul searching, digging in the crates of the mind and accepting your issues is the best therapy.
Totally agree. The cannabis hasn't changed, it's only what's going on inside that has. I've treated a lot of the symptoms through accepting them for what they are. Like a panic attack that makes me think I can't breathe... I know that I can and reminding myself of that fact usually stops that symptom in its tracks.

Although It isn't a cure, it is far better for managing the problem than prescription pills. It helps me to be a functioning member of society rather than a zombie that's dead inside like xanax and Escitralopram did.

I'm at a point now where I can control it to some extent... Just the other night in work too many orders came in at once and the anxious feelings hit. I kinda told myself in my head "fuck off with this shit, nows not the time" and it went away and I smashed the orders out no problem.

Can't seem to do that at night when I want to relax though. Racing thoughts are super hard to calm without some sort of help. Some people choose alcohol, some people take the meds... I like something relatively safe... Like weed 😁 plus it tastes fuckin wonderful.

After this discussion I'm starting to think that maybe chasing the high isn't worth it. I'll try stronger ratios of CBD:THC up to 1:1 though, purely to see if something works better than something else.

I've also found that any strain high in limonine helps too, and also tastes amazing! I even ate half a lemon in work one night hoping that anxious knot would dissappear and it did... For about half an hour. Can't keep eating lemons though, ill end up with no teeth lol
If I may suggest some ideas/tricks ?

Try a joint of normal dope, but only have one or two tokes on it and put it down for half an hour or so... see where you get to, then go again... rinse and repeat.

I find that less is more for me, that's why I like one hitter pipes and on demand vapes.

I'm also going to suggest looking into taking a non perceivable dose of mushrooms every few days for a month.

Microdosing... https://microdosinginstitute.com/how-to/

Being in the EU still, you can buy stuff from their shop. No need to go through the growing malarky... but it is fun to go from spores to fruits :viking:

:lol:

If lemons help, try hot water with a slice of fresh lemon in it as an evening drink?

5-HTP supplements may help relax you in the evening too?

I'm only allowed 1 cup of coffee in the mornings these days, that can really set me off if I have too much. :surrender: :bang head: :lol:

I have also enjoyed hypnotherapy in the past. :ninja1:

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a quick fix and it just takes time chipping away at certain areas of your life and making small changes.

Good luck dude!

:wave:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
KD (Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:29 pm)

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:52 pm

Try a joint of normal dope, but only have one or two tokes on it and put it down for half an hour or so... see where you get to, then go again... rinse and repeat.

I find that less is more for me, that's why I like one hitter pipes and on demand vapes.

I'm also going to suggest looking into taking a non perceivable dose of mushrooms every few days for a month.

Being in the EU still, you can buy stuff from their shop. No need to go through the growing malarky... but it is fun to go from spores to fruits :viking:

If lemons help, try hot water with a slice of fresh lemon in it as an evening drink?

I'm only allowed 1 cup of coffee in the mornings these days, that can really set me off if I have too much. :surrender: :bang head: :lol:

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a quick fix and it just takes time chipping away at certain areas of your life and making small changes.

Good luck dude!

I've actually been wanting to try micro dosing shrooms. Trying to convince the misses I won't be tripping balls is another issue though lol

I get headaches if I don't have 2 coffees but normally that wears off by mid afternoon.

I'll try the hot lemon idea tomorrow. Need to buy lemons. Sounds like a winner though.

I find a full spliff of CBD weed gives me a slight high that's really enjoyable, it just doesn't last long. The anti anxiety effect the next day though is perfect.

Thanks dude. Appreciate the advice. It's nice knowing I'm not alone in this but it's still shit for both of us eh
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
Marcus (Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:41 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:33 pm

Good luck dude!

I've actually been wanting to try micro dosing shrooms. Trying to convince the misses I won't be tripping balls is another issue though lol

I get headaches if I don't have 2 coffees but normally that wears off by mid afternoon.

I'll try the hot lemon idea tomorrow. Need to buy lemons. Sounds like a winner though.

I find a full spliff of CBD weed gives me a slight high that's really enjoyable, it just doesn't last long. The anti anxiety effect the next day though is perfect.

Thanks dude. Appreciate the advice. It's nice knowing I'm not alone in this but it's still shit for both of us eh
No worries man, it hit me hard in my early 40s, panic attack on the M42... I thought it was the end of me for a long time, 24hrs a day stuck in thought loops. :strangling: Just gotta feed the good in your head and accept the bad and then suddenly you stop giving a shit about the bad and the anxiety is what it is, just a fleeting thought.

Here's a paper released yesterday about microdosing and anxiety... https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-01811-4

The idea behind it is that it is a sub threshold dose, you should feel no effect from the dose.

If you find yourself staring at door knobs, you've done too much. :lol:

Also... Ram Dass - Becoming Nobody is a great audio book if you want a nice evening of listening. :wave:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
KD (Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:09 pm) • Guest (Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:51 pm)

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:53 pm
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:33 pm

Good luck dude!

No worries man, it hit me hard in my early 40s, panic attack on the M42... I thought it was the end of me for a long time, 24hrs a day stuck in thought loops. :strangling: Just gotta feed the good in your head and accept the bad and then suddenly you stop giving a shit about the bad and the anxiety is what it is, just a fleeting thought.

Here's a paper released yesterday about microdosing and anxiety... https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-01811-4

The idea behind it is that it is a sub threshold dose, you should feel no effect from the dose.

If you find yourself staring at door knobs, you've done too much. :lol:

Also... Ram Dass - Becoming Nobody is a great audio book if you want a nice evening of listening. :wave:
Lmao @ staring at door nobs. Don't want to go that far lol I'll check that out too cheers dude

Post by Guest »

:fight: i

Marcus you couldn't have said it better. Facing fears and putting yourself out of your comfort zone is good too. It's like discovering a whole new world 🌎

Cannabis has helped with anxiety but sometimes made it worse in past times. πŸ™ƒ

This goes along with what I was saying about the fight or flight. Its a part of us. We can't hide or get rid of it. Only learn to deal with it, live with it and turn it into positive energy is what will work

Much like Zen πŸ‘ πŸ‘Œ
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Marcus (Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:27 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Post by Guest »

g0ki.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KD (Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:09 am)

Post by Guest »

Meditation and tai chi are the next things I am going to look into. When I'm not working my ass of, gardening, easting or sleeping 😴 πŸ˜‚ oh and smoking 😀the bongo

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

DIY.Rik wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:56 pm
Meditation and tai chi are the next things I am going to look into. When I'm not working my ass of, gardening, easting or sleeping 😴 πŸ˜‚ oh and smoking 😀the bongo
Meditation is amazing once you get good at it. I put my ability to have a word with myself and expell the anxious feelings at will down to meditation. Don't get me wrong... Although I can turn it off.... Its only temporary until I get time to relax. Then it can come back hard but... Then I meditate. My main struggles happen when I'm asleep. Nightmares leading to panic attacks used to happen often. Now I don't remember my dreams anymore.

Cool life story for ya...

So I get myself into some trouble at home that requires police assistance and I'm in full blown panic attack mode while trying to talk to the police. I keep getting this feeling like I can't breathe... Like when you almost step in front of a car and that moment of panic takes that breath away... But constant. I tell them one second... Crouch down... Put my hands over my mouth and nose and force myself to take a deep breath. One copper asks what I'm doing and the other tells him I'm having a panic attack. Then I carry on explaining what went down fairly calmly.

Afterwards the copper that knew I was having a panic attack asked me how I stopped it just like that. It's all in my head I said. Because I know this, I know what my mind is telling me isn't correct and I can breathe so I forced myself to take a nice deep breath to show my mind the signals it was getting were wrong and breathing wasn't a problem.

Turns out he had anxiety issues too.

I had a mate too that used to think he couldn't swallow properly and choked everytime he tried to eat. He ended up making a super soup with loads of nutrients in it to drink because liquids were the only thing he didn't choke on. He started meditating and does something similar before he eats. He has to visualise eating and swallowing before he tries to swallow and forces it when that sudden gag reflex hits. He doesn't get it half as often but it still happens.

The problem with mental health issues is most of them are in your head.... In that you CAN sort them out kinda just by being mindful and learning that YOU control your mind... NOT the other way round...

The real question is if YOU control your mind... Then you can't BE your mind... So who are YOU?
These users thanked the author KD for the post (total 3):
The Aspie Toker (Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:16 am) • Guest (Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:04 pm) • Marcus (Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:28 pm)

Post by Guest »

https://www.perlego.com/book/596849/the ... zgQAvD_BwE

Have you ever heard or read of this?

Also this sort of way of thinking has helped me a lot.

One good quote I once heard is:

He who blames others has a long way to go on his journey. He who blames himself is halfway there. He who blames no one has arrived
KD (Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:51 pm)

Return to β€œMedical Cannabis”