KrazyDave has another experiment to try!

Medicinal & health benefits of cannabis
KD
Known User

KrazyDave has another experiment to try!

Post by KD »

For those that don't know... I have general anxiety disorder and find that high THC strains make me spin out with anxiety attacks. CBD buds though are perfect... Except they don't get you high. I've been letting plants go to mostly Amber which helps, but I find it hard to stay awake then.

I've just been reading about Anxiety sufferers using CBD to counteract the effects of THC. One user claims that they smoke a spliff... Then when the increase in heart rate triggers those anxious feelings, they pop a couple of CBD bud capsules and within half an hour, they feel better and can carry on smoking without freaking out.

Tonight I'm going to make a high THC spliff and a high CBD spliff and see if smoking a few drags off the CBD one will help with the effects of the THC one.

I just want to get stoned again like the old days.
These users thanked the author KD for the post (total 7):
Inactive account (Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:12 pm) • duke (Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:41 pm) • Growmie (Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:15 pm) • Guest (Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:53 pm) • Vador (Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:07 pm) • abseedyofficial (Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:38 pm) • Ancient.Soul.Grown (Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:32 pm)

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
duke
Respected Member

Re: KrazyDave has another experiment to try!

Post by duke »

KD wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:01 pm
For those that don't know... I have general anxiety disorder and find that high THC strains make me spin out with anxiety attacks. CBD buds though are perfect... Except they don't get you high. I've been letting plants go to mostly Amber which helps, but I find it hard to stay awake then.

I've just been reading about Anxiety sufferers using CBD to counteract the effects of THC. One user claims that they smoke a spliff... Then when the increase in heart rate triggers those anxious feelings, they pop a couple of CBD bud capsules and within half an hour, they feel better and can carry on smoking without freaking out.

Tonight I'm going to make a high THC spliff and a high CBD spliff and see if smoking a few drags off the CBD one will help with the effects of the THC one.

allright dave have you tried growing a 1.1 thc/cbd strain? theres loads now with everything from 1% to a claimed 20% if you believe that, i did a dutch passion 1-1 haze for a friend who struggles with high thc like you do and he got on well with it,seems daft having to medicate so you can medicate though aye? :oh-shit:
ive only suffered anxiety with the cannabis concentrates esp the iso oil even a tiny bit sets me right off and panic attacks follow shortly, so i do get the problem must suck big hairy balls for you,good luck
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 2):
Vador (Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:08 pm) • KD (Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:23 am)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

Growmie

Post by Growmie »

@KD Brother you know I'm pulling up a chair for this one, I really hope it goes well and maybe you can save us both πŸ™ŒπŸ»

The very end of that message got me πŸ˜”
These users thanked the author Growmie for the post (total 3):
duke (Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:27 pm) • Vador (Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:08 pm) • KD (Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:24 am)

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

Good luck KD hope u get it sorted to suit u hun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post (total 2):
duke (Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:03 am) • KD (Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:24 am)

grow_guided

Post by grow_guided »

Good luck on your quest KD I hope it works for you or you can at least figure out a way any of using cbd to help, my girlfriend gets similar problems. Have you tried a 50/50 blend of the high thc and cbd bud together? In one spliff?
These users thanked the author grow_guided for the post (total 2):
duke (Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:03 am) • KD (Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:24 am)

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

You'd likely have a good result taking the CBD BEFORE the THC. CBD counters THC by attaching to the receptors in your brain so the THC can't.
These users thanked the author Sage for the post (total 4):
duke (Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:03 am) • Guest (Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:17 pm) • KD (Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:24 am) • Budgie (Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:13 pm)
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

I forgot about this lol... It kinda worked... The heart racing stopped when I hit the CBD spliff but the anxiety was there then. Went away after a bit but I don't want it there at all.
Growmie wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:16 pm
@KD Brother you know I'm pulling up a chair for this one, I really hope it goes well and maybe you can save us both πŸ™ŒπŸ»

The very end of that message got me πŸ˜”
Cheers Growmie. Gonna try the next posts idea tonight. Dunno why I didn't just try that in the first place.
grow_guided wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:15 pm
Good luck on your quest KD I hope it works for you or you can at least figure out a way any of using cbd to help, my girlfriend gets similar problems. Have you tried a 50/50 blend of the high thc and cbd bud together? In one spliff?
Gonna try this tonight if I remember. My memory's really bad at the moment. Got a lot on my mind.
Sage wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:36 am
You'd likely have a good result taking the CBD BEFORE the THC. CBD counters THC by attaching to the receptors in your brain so the THC can't.
That's not quite right mate. It was once believed to work that way but in 2015 it was discovered there's 2 sites withing the CB1 and CB2 receptors that THC and CBD bind to. Here's a good explanation of how that system works.... https://www.labroots.com/trending/canna ... e-thc-high
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
duke (Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:51 am)

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

duke wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:51 pm
KD wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:01 pm

allright dave have you tried growing a 1.1 thc/cbd strain? theres loads now with everything from 1% to a claimed 20% if you believe that, i did a dutch passion 1-1 haze for a friend who struggles with high thc like you do and he got on well with it,seems daft having to medicate so you can medicate though aye? :oh-shit:
ive only suffered anxiety with the cannabis concentrates esp the iso oil even a tiny bit sets me right off and panic attacks follow shortly, so i do get the problem must suck big hairy balls for you,good luck
Ive grown 20:1 but there's only the slightest of slight highs with it. My brain kinda tingles which feels lovely for about 3 minutes... Then it goes away.

It's not just the fact I want to get high again either, I want my anxiety to calm down in general life. My new jobs awesome and I'm loving it, but... I don't know how to explain this... Its not stressful in a way that's not enjoyable... but it's constant pressure to focus on what's going on in the kitchen, which I'm not used to and it is causing stress mentally. That makes no sense lol

I'm basically on the border of being overwhelmed for about 4 hours constantly so I need the CBD to work when I'm not smoking it too. My "research" has led me to find a mix of 10:1 minimum is needed to manage anxiety and stress. Maybe edibles or concentrates made with it would work better πŸ€”
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
duke (Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:50 am)

Post by Guest »

Sage wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:36 am
I have been using CBD hemp flower along with some normal THC flower. I can notice that I have less of a big hit and it spreads the thc high over a longer period.

I think that this covers the entourage effect top, especially in the article you shared @KD
There are so many parameters and different things to take into consideration here that CDB and THC can't be the only things giving a definitive outcome on the results you're experiencing.

My anxiety disorder along with depression and other MH issues have been exaggerated by previous heavy hard drug use. So I see this as a bigger problem that Cannabis alone would never fix, cure or eradicate.

Maybe try only smoking at the weekends and do a different test every weekend to see how you react. This should give you a more precise result @KD

Fight or flight response is also a manifestation of many years of adaptation of the human race which we relied on when we were cave men, killing animals and foraging to survive.

Maybe some cognitive therapy πŸ€”

Although most doctors would say its the Cannabis that doesn't help.
Every one reacts different.

Orally consuming can be better for anxiety from what I know.
Maybe a simple CBD concentrate sublingual would work better than smoking Maybe.... keep trying different methods.

Or you just pick your weed plants too early. Cook them out some more.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
duke (Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:51 am)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Once you allow yourself to not be afraid of the anxiety, it holds no power over you.

Try embracing and facing those anxiety driven thoughts.

Cannabis is not the cure and answer to everything, like some would have us believe.

Sometimes a bit of soul searching, digging in the crates of the mind and accepting your issues is the best therapy.
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 3):
KD (Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:11 pm) • Guest (Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:42 pm) • Budgie (Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:16 pm)

Return to β€œMedical Cannabis”