Re: 9 prescription medicines to avoid using with cannabis

Post by Growmie »

KD wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:56 am
Growmie wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:46 pm
anova.330 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:42 pm
Here’s my experience with number six to cure anxiety.

Paxil. After taking this for 30 days, I could start to smell the air again, start to breathe freely, but it didn’t end there. After 90 days, I felt like a new person. The one side effect was I could not wake up from a sleep. Took me forever to get past that but this pill definitely save my life at one point.

Lexapro. I took this much later in life. It quickly made me a zombie and after about a week I moved to something else.

I was on Paxil for quite a few years. If one of these does work then you’re lucky but when it doesn’t work you have to try another.

Cycled through the lot mate, SSRIs, snris, trycilics. Only escitalopram did anything half decent but came with its only set of problems. Never tried paxil though so maybe one to ask about, although my body doesn't respond well to SSRIs most of the time.
Yeah I started on alprazolam (xanax) which was amazing at first... But soon wore off in effectiveness... So then they upped my dose of alprazolam and started me on escitralopram. That's when shit hit the fan. Had to stop working... Kept getting panic attacks still although I could sleep now so they upped the dose again. The dickhead doctor didn't tell me any side effects or anything though so I googled them one night and was like SHIIIIIIT. I'd just found out I couldn't just stop taking them by this point so spoke to my doc who referred me to a psychologist and upped my meds again! I realised I wasnt feeling anything anymore, and decided to stop taking them. Weaned myself off them over a month or so and my mate, who also has anxiety, gave me some hash to help me through the withdrawals. Best thing ever because not only did that help me sleep, it calmed my mind in the day too and didn't trigger anxiety at all.

Sorted, I'll just start smoking weed again right? Hell no! THC raises my heart rate too much which makes my head think I'm having a panic attack, that then triggers a panic attack and a whirlpool of out of control, worst case scenario thought loops. Throw in some uncontrollable crying and hyperventilation and you've basically entered a state of absolute hell for those that don't know what it's like. It's awful!

So @Growmie why am I telling you what you already know?

CBD hits different. The first time I tried it, I got a slight head buzz and thought "great... Here we go" then nothing! I sat and smoked a whole joint of it and cried with happiness because not only did I physically feel like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders... It was like all my stress had melted off me, my body and mind relaxed for the first time in ages, and I just felt like I'd slipped into a nice hot bath for an hour to chill. For someone who's mind refuses to relax because of the amount of shit that's been thrown at it... This was the absolute best feeling in the world. Please please talk to your doctor about CBD and coming off the pills and start off with a 1:20 THC/CBD if you can. I'm working my way towards a stronger ratio of 1:1 but I'm enjoying life again.

You're going to have heard this a million times but it's all in your head... Which means you CAN control it yourself. I've started a new job as a chef and I'm having to learn everything from scratch and the anxiety hits hard when those orders fly in but I have to have a word with myself and sort of say "go away" to that feeling and focus on what needs doing. It's always there but the CBD deffo helps.

Feel free to DM me if you want to talk about anything... Ever! It doesn't matter how big or small it is, if you need to vent, I got you dude! Talking helps too.
Benzos are a gift and a curse. I hate anti depressants in all forms, they always make your worse before "better" but also come with a shit ton of side effects like you said, which leads to other forms of depression, just a trade off really. I'm hoping I can make some hash from this crop, perhaps that will help.

Once again, you hit the nail on the head, raises my heart rate and blood pressure ( on top of the anxiety of actually toking doing that already) spins me right into that hell space you explained. It really is the worst. I'd give almost anything to never feel that way again! Unfortunately that's how I feel every day at the moment.
I'm so glad you are getting through it and have made progress, honestly reading the part about the weight coming off your shoulders and enjoying life again makes me feel like crying, one because I'm happy for you and two because it gives me some light in the darkness. I don't think my doctor will be interested but I most certainly will try to grow some out, even tempted to buy some online to just test it out, when I have some money behind me at least.

Although we both know it's just in our heads, we also both know that it's easier said than done fighting those feelings on a daily basis. But I am really happy for you mate, that you seem to be on the right track and congrats with the new job! I hope that's also still going well for you. I'm totally sold on the CBD bro I'll get some at the first opportunity for sure.

I really appreciate the offer brother thank you and will most certainly take you up on that! Also you know where I am if you ever want to vent/talk etc just drop me a DM.

@KD Cheers brother 🙌🏻
These users thanked the author Growmie for the post:
KD (Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:44 am)

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

duke wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:59 pm
8. Antipsychotic medications

There is some evidence to suggest that cannabis may heighten the effect of certain antipsychotic drugs, like Seroquel and Abilify. Though, the significance of this is unknown. Some common antipsychotic medications include:

Seroquel
i take this medication and personaly for me find it a little sedation , but i find this med causes me loss of appitite , but smoke a joint amd im ready to eat .... now one of the meds i was given to try (abmilify) smoke a joint and i was all messed up , slowed motor skills and speach , no way i could drive , was like being 15 when i actually got stoned , ...

its weird how medication effect some when smokeing and not others , brain chemistry is tricky thing i guess
These users thanked the author Wizard for the post (total 2):
KD (Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:49 am) • anova.330 (Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:43 pm)
We can get swept away by our thoughts,,or learn to step back and see them with clarity.
Easy to forget its a choice

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

@Growmie if you live in the UK, look for a site called HempElf. They've got all sorts on there.

I spent most of yesterday researching strains and found there's not a massive selection of strains for CBD really. Not in comparison to THC rich strains anyway. A lot of them are either 1:20 or 1:1/1:2

What I did find was that 1:1 is supposedly the best ratio for anxiety sufferers. Sweet Seeds, Dutch Passion and Greenhouse Seeds have some nice CBD crosses I am probably going to try in the future.
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
anova.330 (Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:44 pm)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

What a great read. Thank you 😊
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post:
KD (Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:42 am)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Rawreefer
Grow Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by Rawreefer »

Hi Guys,
Don't know if i am barking up the wrong tree but is the CBD oil no good ??? i don't mean the stuff at holland & barrett but the prescribed stuff..???

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

Rawreefer wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:37 pm
Hi Guys,
Don't know if i am barking up the wrong tree but is the CBD oil no good ??? i don't mean the stuff at holland & barrett but the prescribed stuff..???
hi ime it depends what your trying to treat and some people do claim amazing results using just cbd,me i think its a small part of a large jigsaw of cannabinoids and a bit player at best.
imo a full spectrum cannabis oil with a good amount of both cbd and thc works best for most ailments esp if trying to treat skin cancers then thc is a must despite many claims around cbd its thc thats been shown invetro to kill cancer cells not cbd.
certainly when treating chronic pain cbd alone is next to usless for my tinas needs and high thc and a little cbd ie the tangerine dream i grow is 22% thc and 3.5% cbd and if grown to full maturity has great pain killing power.
the cbd oils on the tests done by bud buddies mostly tested very low to zero actual cbd and many was just homeopathic nonsense levels and could never work more than being a placebo,the med section has some posts on this subject,good luck
These users thanked the author duke for the post:
KD (Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:38 pm)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

Rawreefer
Grow Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by Rawreefer »

duke wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:08 pm
Rawreefer wrote:
Hi Guys,
hi ime it depends what your trying to treat and some people do claim amazing results using just cbd,me i think its a small part of a large jigsaw of cannabinoids and a bit player at best.
imo a full spectrum cannabis oil with a good amount of both cbd and thc works best for most ailments esp if trying to treat skin cancers then thc is a must despite many claims around cbd its thc thats been shown invetro to kill cancer cells not cbd.
certainly when treating chronic pain cbd alone is next to usless for my tinas needs and high thc and a little cbd ie the tangerine dream i grow is 22% thc and 3.5% cbd and if grown to full maturity has great pain killing power.
the cbd oils on the tests done by bud buddies mostly tested very low to zero actual cbd and many was just homeopathic nonsense levels and could never work more than being a placebo,the med section has some posts on this subject,good luck
I was wondering if it would work for krazydave & growmie....as they are looking for smoke with CBD...
These users thanked the author Rawreefer for the post:
duke (Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:45 pm)

anova.330
Respected Member

Post by anova.330 »

Stephen Hawking Kush is a good one if you can find it. Breeder is alpha kronik.
These users thanked the author anova.330 for the post (total 2):
duke (Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:45 pm) • KD (Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:40 pm)
#growingwitheagle #crystals #petioles #eagleproudwarriortheproject #weednerdworld
#potectDiscord

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

Rawreefer wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:58 pm
duke wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:08 pm
Rawreefer wrote:
Hi Guys,
I was wondering if it would work for krazydave & growmie....as they are looking for smoke with CBD...
No mate. I've tried the oil you put under your tongue and it did jack shit. Nothing has come close to a CBD spliff so far but you do need some THC. I'm hoping I can build a tolerance to THC while the CBD numbs the effects so I can just smoke normal herb again eventually but I think it'll take some time. Good job I like experimenting with this stuff eh 😂
These users thanked the author KD for the post:
duke (Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:31 pm)

Return to “Medical Cannabis”