Has legalisation worked out the way you expected? US/CAN

Cannabis Polls.
Keeno
Site Admin

Has legalisation worked out the way you expected? US/CAN

Post by Keeno »

Wassup GR420,

I have a question for our members in legal countries/states. Has it worked out the way you thought? Is legalisation all you expected? Would you change anything?

What would you change about legalisation in your country/state?
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
Grumpy Toad (Mon May 30, 2022 5:04 pm)

Trippster62

Re: Has legalisation worked out the way you expected? US/CAN

Post by Trippster62 »

No, legalization is not working out as expected. It's still better than it was before. I really thought prices would be lower than weed that had to be smuggled in. Instead, prices are twice as high for legal cannabis than for imported weed. It is higher quality but, IMO it seems like they could still make a nice profit charging less.
It varies from state to state but in my state, only medical patients can grow legally. There is a 5 plant limit on that. Anyone else with 5 or less plants is fined. Go over the limit and you can still be jailed. Outdoor grows are still against the law unless they are in an enclosed, lockable area.
Just a few quick thoughts.
These users thanked the author Trippster62 for the post (total 3):
Keeno (Mon May 30, 2022 4:01 pm) • Grumpy Toad (Mon May 30, 2022 5:04 pm) • Greenfingers (Mon May 30, 2022 6:05 pm)
If you reduce the amount of hash you consume in order to preserve your glass you've missed the whole point.

The hash is more important than the glass.

Grumpy Toad
Known User

Post by Grumpy Toad »

My experience is in California.

I didn't expect things to be perfect from the start. The whole legal market is still in a state of flux. I keep hearing that growers can't get enough for their crop to make it profitable. Meanwhile there is some great deals available if you buy your herb. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact I can order cannabis online and have it delivered to my home in an hour.

I'm glad be be able to grow my own without worrying about losing my home and/or being incarcerated. Only issue for me is not being able to grow outdoors. (I'll live)

Bottom line is that you no longer get prison time if you get caught with a little pot.

I am a supporter of NORML (National Organization for Repeal of Marijuana Laws). Just because we are legal now doesn't mean we can let our guard down. There are folks who would go back to prohibition given half a chance. NORML is the only effective group out there working for me that I know of.
These users thanked the author Grumpy Toad for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Mon May 30, 2022 4:01 pm) • Trippster62 (Mon May 30, 2022 4:12 pm)
Birthplace: Earth
Race: Human
Politics: Freedom
Religion: Love

Wabi-Sabi Garden

Trippster62

Post by Trippster62 »

@Grumpy Toad MPP (Marijuana Policy Project) is putting in the work too. NORML has been around for a long time and has been in the fight since the beginning but is no longer our only lobbying group.
These users thanked the author Trippster62 for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Mon May 30, 2022 4:25 pm) • Grumpy Toad (Mon May 30, 2022 5:04 pm)

Grumpy Toad
Known User

Post by Grumpy Toad »

Trippster62 wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 4:19 pm
@Grumpy Toad MPP (Marijuana Policy Project) is putting in the work too. NORML has been around for a long time and has been in the fight since the beginning but is no longer our only lobbying group.
I will be checking that out today! :thx:
These users thanked the author Grumpy Toad for the post (total 2):
Trippster62 (Mon May 30, 2022 5:40 pm) • Keeno (Mon May 30, 2022 6:23 pm)

Return to “Area 420”