Legalisation, what does it look like to you? UK

Cannabis Polls.
Everydaze420

Re: Legalisation, what does it look like to you? UK

Post by Everydaze420 »

420mFuk wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:29 pm
I don't want any of what I write but..... I see what I see.

Government controlled and regulated cannabis market, Canadian style without homegrow.
High taxes.
High prices for consumers.
Large licensed facilities only for production (pay to play).
More laws & punishments restricting home growers & legacy growers.
Large health/medical industry.

==============================

IMO All the signs are there if your paying attention, the only remaining difficult question is...... 'when?'
If I could have things my way... Spanish club model (with lab tests) would get my vote every time.

I've changed my views over the years as more places legalise and I watch what happens, legalisation seems less & less appealing. I'm always lead back to the Spanish model which isn't really legal and not perfect but least for me I feel it has the best balance moving forward & hopefully would keep the market in the hands of those who built it and away from big corp commercilasion.

As for government parties if you think theres any difference between labour and the tories lol more the fool you. Sure they talk different but once in power the patterns are the same for 30 years (globalisation), if you don't know this you're either too young or too stupid. It's always about money.

But what do I know ... I'm just a poor country boy.
I completely agree mate. Other than being able to blaze a joint without looking over your shoulder so much (even that will be heavily regulated), I don't see any good coming from legalisation. I've been wanting it for 20 odd yrs, right up until about a year ago. I still do obviously, but just don't see it being done in a positive way. Just start coming down harder on those that don't enter there system.
These users thanked the author Everydaze420 for the post:
420mFuk (Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:22 pm)
:roll:

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

As long as it's decriminalised so I can grow it and smoke it I'm happy. Regulation can be a good and a bad thing there will always be pros and cons to it. If and when it happens it will be done to make the rich richer tbh. If it looks like alcohol does then its fine, people still make homemade wine and beer.
These users thanked the author Nom for the post:
duke (Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:47 pm)

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

I was thinking about this:

- no distinction between outdoor or indoor;
- max 3 plants per person involved;
- must "register" your grows, paying a one-shot tax of £20 for each plant;
- if they find you with more plants than permitted OR with unregistered plants, they chop them away & you have to pay a fine;

would you like a system like this?

Of course only "illegal" plants involved, strains with total THC less than 1% are not involved (but the cops can ask for a sample to analyze, and if the THC is over 1% you have to register the plant with NO fine)

sir-scrogalot

Post by sir-scrogalot »

IV got negative thoughts on this. I don't think they will legalise it, the way the medical market is run in the UK gives a pretty strong hint.

The state of the UK now, I think we are more likely to see energy being limited to our homes than cannabis being legalised.
These users thanked the author sir-scrogalot for the post (total 2):
duke (Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:48 pm) • 420mFuk (Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:39 pm)
Take a look at my new blog - www.grow-life.blog

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

sir-scrogalot wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:06 pm
IV got negative thoughts on this. I don't think they will legalise it, the way the medical market is run in the UK gives a pretty strong hint.

The state of the UK now, I think we are more likely to see energy being limited to our homes than cannabis being legalised.
I think your pretty much bang on there, you can see why they push so hard for smart meters, makes it easy for them to limit peoples power consumption
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Return to “Area 420”