Legalisation, what does it look like to you? UK

Cannabis Polls.
Keeno
Site Admin

Legalisation, what does it look like to you? UK

Post by Keeno »

Wassup GR420,

I'm sure this is a topic we have all had sat around with a few mates, or pondered sat at home. I'm sure we all would like to be able to grow as many plants as we like, walk around with baseball bat sized joints. all with no danger of spending the evening in cell...

In reality, knowing the government, the general feel of things here in the UK. What do you think legalisation will actually look like here in the UK?
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 3):
Herbalist (Mon May 30, 2022 5:52 pm) • Ancient.Soul.Grown (Mon May 30, 2022 6:06 pm) • duke (Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:06 pm)

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: Legalisation, what does it look like to you? UK

Post by seymore_budz »

I dpn't think it will ever be leagalised for recreational use within the UK until we see the backs of the Tories. Even then, Labour has no intention of decriminalisation for recreational use :(

If I was making the rules then there would be a cap on the amount of light a hobby grower could use rather than limit the amount of plants. Maybe some sort of regulations around chemical waste so we didn't see a shit ton of fertiliser OR pestecides dumped into the waste water. Limiting the amount of lights would stop people going silly but leave the door open for people to grow their own meds. Also, the legalisation and regulation of canna clubs so people could trade and share bud without profit as well as growers could pass their surplus meds onto others that might not be able to grow.

For profit suppliers should be registered and adhere to strict regulations around the sale and export of product. If we going to do things properly then we should be the best and make it one of our most valued exports :)
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 6):
Keeno (Mon May 30, 2022 3:18 pm) • Herbalist (Mon May 30, 2022 5:52 pm) • Greenfingers (Mon May 30, 2022 6:12 pm) • Ancient.Soul.Grown (Mon May 30, 2022 6:20 pm) • 2-Scoops (Mon May 30, 2022 7:34 pm) • duke (Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:06 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Hmr81

Post by Hmr81 »

i do think it will happen eventually, but no idea when. i see a home growers license being an option, seems that a few countries are opting for that route at the moment. will be interested to see what the german and italian laws look like, i would assume france will be next in one way or the other. the problem with the uk isnt any particular party imho, its the fact that all politians are fucking ludites and have no desire to learn anything that doesnt reinforce their own stereotype or twisted version of reality.
These users thanked the author Hmr81 for the post (total 4):
Keeno (Mon May 30, 2022 4:18 pm) • Greenfingers (Mon May 30, 2022 5:59 pm) • Ancient.Soul.Grown (Mon May 30, 2022 6:20 pm) • duke (Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:07 pm)
From the Garage of HMR
No Current Grow on, Point5 has the tent and is doing her lovely thing.

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

seymore_budz wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 3:07 pm
I dpn't think it will ever be leagalised for recreational use within the UK until we see the backs of the Tories. Even then, Labour has no intention of decriminalisation for recreational use :(

If I was making the rules then there would be a cap on the amount of light a hobby grower could use rather than limit the amount of plants. Maybe some sort of regulations around chemical waste so we didn't see a shit ton of fertiliser OR pestecides dumped into the waste water. Limiting the amount of lights would stop people going silly but leave the door open for people to grow their own meds. Also, the legalisation and regulation of canna clubs so people could trade and share bud without profit as well as growers could pass their surplus meds onto others that might not be able to grow.

For profit suppliers should be registered and adhere to strict regulations around the sale and export of product. If we going to do things properly then we should be the best and make it one of our most valued exports :)
Seymour for prime minister, move over borris you useless turd

Great idea with the light limit, that would help make people more efficient with their setups as well.
Also I couldn’t agree more about the fertiliser waste going down the drain, legalisation would mean people wouldn’t need to sneak around and dispose of things where they shouldn’t be.

I wonder how many people put nutrient bottles in the recycling, I do but just not in my own recycling bin, I bet there’s loads of people that ditch them in all sorts of places because they are too scared to put them in there own bins.

There’s always posts about “bin liners full of cannabis found in country lane” in our local rag, obviously to us it’s just trim but you know what these media types are like, keeping it illegal is just causing more pollution basically, all that green waste could have been used for something.
These users thanked the author Vador for the post (total 5):
seymore_budz (Mon May 30, 2022 5:07 pm) • Herbalist (Mon May 30, 2022 5:53 pm) • Ancient.Soul.Grown (Mon May 30, 2022 6:20 pm) • Keeno (Mon May 30, 2022 6:21 pm) • duke (Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:07 pm)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

dont think it will happen black market feeding lots of fish up and down the chain .....
These users thanked the author MrNice for the post (total 5):
Herbalist (Mon May 30, 2022 5:53 pm) • Ancient.Soul.Grown (Mon May 30, 2022 6:20 pm) • Keeno (Mon May 30, 2022 6:21 pm) • 2-Scoops (Mon May 30, 2022 7:34 pm) • duke (Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:08 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

I think if anyone will do it it could be bojo , why not he is as mad as a box of frogs 🤷🏻, the only reason they won’t is too much money is being made by the prescription growing companies. As far as I’m concerned it is lawful, growing a plant can be illegal but not unlawful if you catch my drift. There is s different between a citizen and a free Hunan being with unalienable rights, we have the choice to be both at any time, name, birth certificate, trust created etc.
These users thanked the author IMO for the post (total 3):
Ancient.Soul.Grown (Mon May 30, 2022 6:20 pm) • Keeno (Mon May 30, 2022 6:21 pm) • duke (Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:08 pm)

Ancient.Soul.Grown

Post by Ancient.Soul.Grown »

I honestly don't think this is going to be a good one for recreational users.

Medical Patients should have unlimited plant count but have an energy cap in place something that's realistic. If you consume more than this then you need a commercial license and not classed as a home grow... but you could be a caregiver... maybe an allocation of power transferred to grower from patient as they are unable to grow etc but this would need regulated etc.

Closed loop systems will be key in this for home growers.... maybe get tax breaks if you have closed loop systems.

Organics / no till etc will be preffered but if bottled nutrients are used then waste should be managed appropriately with minimal impact on environment being key.

Commercial will be heavily regulated and will be most likely kept to a small circle and be extremely hard to access plus you will need lots and lots of money.

Craft cannabis is king.... grown with soul... wins every time for me... commercial weed is a bit mehhh

They will drag the arse right oot this you know.... so maybe 10 years.... maybe hahahaa

ASG

p.s. pop em all
These users thanked the author Ancient.Soul.Grown for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Mon May 30, 2022 6:21 pm) • duke (Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:09 pm)

Theia

Post by Theia »

As long as Teresa Mays husband is on the board of GW Pharmaceuticals, there will be no legalisation in UK. It's worth too much money to them.

Just my 10 pence worth..

https://researchingreform.net/2018/07/0 ... laxes-ban/
These users thanked the author Theia for the post (total 3):
Mrs Beefheart (Mon May 30, 2022 7:18 pm) • Groot (Mon May 30, 2022 9:33 pm) • duke (Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:10 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I dont think it will happen, not in my lifetime anyhow. Am i bothered, not in the slightest, am i bod. I like the cap on power of your lighting idea though lots, i recon that would work out a fair idea for most.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Mrs Beefheart (Mon May 30, 2022 7:52 pm) • duke (Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:10 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

420mFuk

Post by 420mFuk »

I don't want any of what I write but..... I see what I see.

Government controlled and regulated cannabis market, Canadian style without homegrow.
High taxes.
High prices for consumers.
Large licensed facilities only for production (pay to play).
More laws & punishments restricting home growers & legacy growers.
Large health/medical industry.

==============================

IMO All the signs are there if your paying attention, the only remaining difficult question is...... 'when?'
If I could have things my way... Spanish club model (with lab tests) would get my vote every time.

I've changed my views over the years as more places legalise and I watch what happens, legalisation seems less & less appealing. I'm always lead back to the Spanish model which isn't really legal and not perfect but least for me I feel it has the best balance moving forward & hopefully would keep the market in the hands of those who built it and away from big corp commercilasion.

As for government parties if you think theres any difference between labour and the tories lol more the fool you. Sure they talk different but once in power the patterns are the same for 30 years (globalisation), if you don't know this you're either too young or too stupid. It's always about money.

But what do I know ... I'm just a poor country boy.
These users thanked the author 420mFuk for the post (total 2):
Everydaze420 (Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:57 pm) • duke (Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:10 pm)
┌∩┐(_)┌∩┐
1ԼƠƔЄ ۞ Ξ√ΩLUT↑☼N
(_̅_̅_̅(̲̲(̅_̅_̲̅м̲̅a̲̅я̲̅i̲̅j­­­­­­­­­­­̲̅u̲̅a̲̅n̲̅a̲̅_̅_̅_­̅­(­)­ڪ­ ­ڪ­ے­~

Return to “Area 420”