Genetics explained

Cannabis breeding and related discussions
Josh
GR420 Leg End

Genetics explained

Post by Josh »

Hey guys, a lot of you prbly know this stuff already. But with all the hermie grows I've seen throughout the forum in the past couple months, I did some research as to why it's so common with weed. Led me to this
Great video

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Josh for the post (total 2):
Rubbered (Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:49 pm) • Roberto (Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:35 am)

Nanook
Respected Member

Re: Genetics explained

Post by Nanook »

Cheers Josh, good find :)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

I'm sure I commented on this!

Had me rethinking how I vet seed companies myself

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Great find Josh.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Been growing nearly 20 years and ive never had a weed plant hermie on me yet. I think alot of the hermies peeps get is down to bad growing practices myself, im not saying poor genetics isn`t a factor either but i think most of them are down to bad practices. I might be wrong and coulda been lucky, feck knows.

Tempting fate with that bloody statement their aren`t i. lol. :D
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

jimmi2scoops wrote:Been growing nearly 20 years and ive never had a weed plant hermie on me yet. I think alot of the hermies peeps get is down to bad growing practices myself, im not saying poor genetics isn`t a factor either but i think most of them are down to bad practices. I might be wrong and coulda been lucky, feck knows.

I've had timers fuck up like everybody at some point, and only a couple strains hermied but not the others.

So ya it's definitely caused by grower's mistakes but that's why we want to weed out the weak genetics before growing

Better to not mess up, I totally agree with you jimmi but accidents happen

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

integrajosh wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:09 pm
jimmi2scoops wrote:Been growing nearly 20 years and ive never had a weed plant hermie on me yet. I think alot of the hermies peeps get is down to bad growing practices myself, im not saying poor genetics isn`t a factor either but i think most of them are down to bad practices. I might be wrong and coulda been lucky, feck knows.

I've had timers fuck up like everybody at some point, and only a couple strains hermied but not the others.

So ya it's definitely caused by grower's mistakes but that's why we want to weed out the weak genetics before growing

A few commom mistakes that i wouldn`t really call bad practices that may cause plants to grow nanners out of the buds and hermie are little things like too much light or heat, both go hand in hand ie like having a big hps too close to buds and too much ferts as well, which i would say is more caused by common mistakes and stressing your plants out. Where as a lets call it a proper hermie with ball sacks opening spreading pollen around is more than likely poor genetics.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

jimmi2scoops wrote:
integrajosh wrote:

A few commom mistakes that i wouldn`t really call bad practices that may cause plants to grow nanners out of the buds and hermie are little things like too much light or heat, both go hand in hand ie like having a big hps too close to buds and too much ferts as well, which i would say is more caused by common mistakes and stressing your plants out. Where as a lets call it a proper hermie with ball sacks opening spreading pollen around is more than likely poor genetics.
Ya I couldn't agree more bro. I actually haven't had a proper hermie, but the sour diesel I ran a few months ago threw nanners.
I gave my mom seeds from the same breeder to grow outdoors, they went full blown hermie on her

Couple lbs of bud, had to make butter out of most of it

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

integrajosh wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:23 pm
jimmi2scoops wrote:
integrajosh wrote:

Ya I couldn't agree more bro. I actually haven't had a proper hermie, but the sour diesel I ran a few months ago threw nanners.
I gave my mom seeds from the same breeder to grow outdoors, they went full blown hermie on her

Couple lbs of bud, had to make butter out of most of it

Blows everything outa water i just said then does that statement. Heheee nice :lol:

Rubbered

Post by Rubbered »

Cheers mate 🤟had to pause here n there 😪life taking control , gonna give this a proper watch tonight 😁👊🏼
" It's all about money not freedom.
You think you're free?
Try going somewhere without money " - Bill Hicks

Return to “Cannabis Breeding”