question: How would you go about collecting pollen?

Cannabis breeding and related discussions
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: question: How would you go about collecting pollen?

Post by seymore_budz »

Candyman wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:31 am
Don’t really collect pollen as I don’t have the room to grow males but tbh unless a person is choosing a male from around 20/30 seeds then it’s not really the art of selection to keep that male they find from just 3/4 reg seeds and use him for breeding
See so many people these days grow 4/5 grows and be one master breeders overnight by hitting all there elites with the first male they find
For that reason I only buy from a couple of sources for my seeds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hear you lol. The main goal of this experiment is to get some seeds of a rare, expensive strain I have comming from a breeder in Hawaii. There will be a month or so between harvesting pollen and having the feemales ready to pollenate.

The secondary goal is to dust a clone only strain I have and maybe some powerplant clones. I'm not going to be selling seeds as "super chocolate, lemon meringue, half baked cookie dough" :) I'm not growing for profit, I'm growing for fun and wanted to try and create some seeds. I understand the theory sort of but want to tick it off my bucket list.

Thanks for your input bud, appreciated as always!
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Philzon   Vape4Ever
Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Sounds like a good idea grumpy - I presume you got through to that company you spoke about then?
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Nanook of the north wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:50 pm
Sounds like a good idea grumpy - I presume you got through to that company you spoke about then?
Yea, I got hold of a guy that knows a guy and they put me in contact with Big Island Genetics. I'm not sure where the Hawaiian Seed Company is hiding but I think they're all associated. You look at the strains and they're all the same background. If you do a little digging, it looks like they're all part of the same little crew that are working on these Hawaiian landrace strains. They're £125 for a pack of 10 regulars though. And the guy has had his merchant account shut down so I had to buy them via paypal and trust they will turn up. The ones I got he's not even put them up on his site yet. He's a nice guy and grt's lots of love on social media off happy customers so I think I'll be OK. If I can manage to produce 50 seeds I'll be happy.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

lol, not a bad price tbf - shame he sent you hemp seeds from trill ;)

Return to “Cannabis Breeding”