Resource for plant Breeders

Cannabis breeding and related discussions
Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Resource for plant Breeders

Post by Keeno »

I've made this a Sticky @operation grow. It's an amazing bit of software. Thank you for sharing it with GR420.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
OperationGrow (Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:50 pm) • seymore_budz (Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:07 pm)

OperationGrow

Post by OperationGrow »

seymore_budz wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:59 pm
@OperationGrow very nice little tool. Great work. Only criticism I have is maybe have the graph animation fade out a little faster because as the graphs get busy, it's hard to focus on some of the writing.
@seymore_budz

Yup I know what you mean, it is trying to calculate how to space everything out (the maths is over my head on what it is doing) which when there are lot of nodes and interconnections it gets rather complex. It uses a "physics" like engine where how strongly nodes are attracted or repelled from each other is down to number of connections and various other factors.

But the short story is yes I agree it needs to solve faster.
These users thanked the author OperationGrow for the post (total 2):
seymore_budz (Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:07 pm) • Keeno (Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:18 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

OperationGrow wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:47 pm
seymore_budz wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:59 pm
@OperationGrow very nice little tool. Great work. Only criticism I have is maybe have the graph animation fade out a little faster because as the graphs get busy, it's hard to focus on some of the writing.
@seymore_budz

Yup I know what you mean, it is trying to calculate how to space everything out (the maths is over my head on what it is doing) which when there are lot of nodes and interconnections it gets rather complex. It uses a "physics" like engine where how strongly nodes are attracted or repelled from each other is down to number of connections and various other factors.

But the short story is yes I agree it needs to solve faster.
I really like those types of graphs though. I remember when they became popular on YouTube for people to display the lifecycle of different software projects etc They use this: https://gource.io/ . Thete might be something you can borrow from their sourcecode.

Very nice tool though mate. Very powerful indeed!
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:18 pm) • OperationGrow (Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:06 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

OperationGrow

Post by OperationGrow »

I have made a minor update and you can now do a search on breeders and then get to see the various strains that "belong" to the breeder, the size of the nodes indicates how influential a strain is i.e. the more direct crosses the strain has the bigger the node. So you can quickly see which strains from the breeder are/were the popular ones.
camkush (Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:27 pm) • HRH (Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:14 am)

OperationGrow

Post by OperationGrow »

This shows you what the app/site is able to do at the moment, if you want to try out the image generation then get in contact and I will give you access to try it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRJA1ldr5IY
Treetrunk (Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:33 am) • Inactive account (Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:08 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Breeding”