Welcome to the cannabis science and research section. This section is here to discuss scientific ideas, applications and ideas regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

What is Mycorrhiza?- Ari Singer from Dynomyco explains

Cannabis research, studies & results
bigbadbillybob
Known User

Re: What is Mycorrhiza?- Ari Singer from Dynomyco explains

Post by bigbadbillybob »

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

bigbadbillybob wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:02 pm
in doing a run just now Jimbob, in hydro, one bubbler using TNC mycorrhydro and 2 without.

the Mycorr innoculated one looks the worst of the lot so far, but its only been a few days.

i know it has much more benefit in soil grows, its basically a root inoculant/ bennies.
I suppose it may protect rootage a bit from pathogens, but im just sold on mycorrghiza growing in pots till ive tested on a side by side myself mate.

Link says it all really, it`s good stuff and sometimes not so good dependent upon conditions :lol:
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Trex

What is Mycorrhiza?- Ari Singer from Dynomyco explains

Post by Trex »

2-Scoops wrote:
bigbadbillybob wrote:
in doing a run just now Jimbob, in hydro, one bubbler using TNC mycorrhydro and 2 without.

the Mycorr innoculated one looks the worst of the lot so far, but its only been a few days.

i know it has much more benefit in soil grows, its basically a root inoculant/ bennies.
I suppose it may protect rootage a bit from pathogens, but im just sold on mycorrghiza growing in pots till ive tested on a side by side myself mate.

Link says it all really, it`s good stuff and sometimes not so good dependent upon conditions :lol:
me peronally in coco ive seen better root structure and vigor . Less stronger nutrient needs but more uptake and faster root devellopement . Better terpene , flavonoid production,taste and smellier plants .

in a good quality made potting soil like i make , theres no benefit at all as i have observed . A well made soil especislly with my homemade worm castings and soil anendements , nothing else is needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Trex for the post:
2-Scoops (Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:37 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

bigbadbillybob wrote:

any idea which microbes are being applied?
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
bigbadbillybob (Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:03 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

yes mate, this little lot of fun guys (see what i did there)

Endomycorrhizae
Glomus clarum
G. intraradices
G. mosseae
G. deserticola
G. monosporus
G. brasilianum
G. aggregatum
Gigaspora margareta
(6.4×104 spores/kg)

Bacillus
Bacillus subtilis
B. amyloliquefaciens
B. licheniformis
(each at 1.2×109 cfu/kg)
B. brevis
B. cirulans
B. coagulans
B. firmus
B. halodenitrificans
B. laterosporus
B. megaterium
B. mycoides
B. pasteuri
B. polymyxa
(each at 6.8×108 cfu/kg)
Ectomycorrhizae
Rhizopogon amylpogon
R. fulvigleba
R. rubescans
R. villosuli
Laccarria laccata
Pisolithus tinctorius
Scleroderma spp
(2.6×108 spores/kg)

Trichoderma
Trichoderma hamatum
T. harzianum
T. koningii
T. longibrachiatum
T. reesei
(each at 1.3×108 cfu/kg)

Soluble Humates, Natural marine algae derivatives (from Ascophylum nodosum) Including :- trace elements, natural plant hormones, amino acids and vitamins.

i used to use thier mycorrmax in soil and it definitely made a difference imho. its worth using i would say, if you want a healthy root zone.
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post:
GMO (Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:03 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

bigbadbillybob wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:02 pm
yes mate, this little lot of fun guys (see what i did there)

Endomycorrhizae
Glomus clarum
G. intraradices
G. mosseae
G. deserticola
G. monosporus
G. brasilianum
G. aggregatum
Gigaspora margareta
(6.4×104 spores/kg)

Bacillus
Bacillus subtilis
B. amyloliquefaciens
B. licheniformis
(each at 1.2×109 cfu/kg)
B. brevis
B. cirulans
B. coagulans
B. firmus
B. halodenitrificans
B. laterosporus
B. megaterium
B. mycoides
B. pasteuri
B. polymyxa
(each at 6.8×108 cfu/kg)
Ectomycorrhizae
Rhizopogon amylpogon
R. fulvigleba
R. rubescans
R. villosuli
Laccarria laccata
Pisolithus tinctorius
Scleroderma spp
(2.6×108 spores/kg)

Trichoderma
Trichoderma hamatum
T. harzianum
T. koningii
T. longibrachiatum
T. reesei
(each at 1.3×108 cfu/kg)

Soluble Humates, Natural marine algae derivatives (from Ascophylum nodosum) Including :- trace elements, natural plant hormones, amino acids and vitamins.

i used to use thier mycorrmax in soil and it definitely made a difference imho. its worth using i would say, if you want a healthy root zone.
thats a very good list. has most of your bases covered for broad spectrum root treatment. the Tricho Harz, Bacillus subtilis and G. intraradices are all very good targeted inoculations for cannabis pathogens as well as possible symbiosis with the roots. would be very interesting to see if they gain symbiosis in a synthetic driven system. not the easiest thing to do, but maybe a lil tissue sample of the root tip may show some endophyte after harvest if you really wanted to know

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

to be honest i wont be taking tissue samples, if it works it works.
if it doesnt i wont use it again (in hydro anyway).
but yes, The nutrient company do great, no frills beneficials , mycorrizals, trichodermas etc etc, for a number of applications and have lots of very good products (im in no way related or sponsored by them), just saying, thier stuff works, well in soil it does, im not convinced about the hydro aspect, but since the mycorr takes at least 48 hours bubbled before there is a decent sized colony, its maybe too early to say if its beneficial in hydro, but i will let you know how it goes..
they only need this on the first fill of the bubblers, as the roots will hopefully be colonised within the first week.

edit to add, do NOT ever add silver bullet , hydroguard, pythoff etc or any other chem based system cleanser etc etc to these systems as they will kill off the beneficial bacteria as well as the pythium and bad stuff..
Also if you are interested , look up Heisenberg teas. ive not used them, but apparently it works, im not gonna infect my piped system with organics tho to find out.
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post:
GMO (Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:17 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

bigbadbillybob wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:13 pm
to be honest i wont be taking tissue samples, if it works it works.
if it doesnt i wont use it again (in hydro anyway).
but yes, The nutrient company do great, no frills beneficials , mycorrizals, trichodermas etc etc, for a number of applications and have lots of very good products (im in no way related or sponsored by them), just saying, thier stuff works, well in soil it does, im not convinced about the hydro aspect, but since the mycorr takes at least 48 hours bubbled before there is a decent sized colony, its maybe too early to say if its beneficial in hydro, but i will let you know how it goes..
they only need this on the first fill of the bubblers, as the roots will hopefully be colonised within the first week.

edit to add, do NOT ever add silver bullet , hydroguard, pythoff etc or any other chem based system cleanser etc etc to these systems as they will kill off the beneficial bacteria as well as the pythium and bad stuff..
Also if you are interested , look up Heisenberg teas. ive not used them, but apparently it works, im not gonna infect my piped system with organics tho to find out.
Thats really well written dude. thanks for sharing
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
bigbadbillybob (Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:21 pm)

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Post by bigbadbillybob »

no worries, if it helps one person its worth the effort, and most of it has been learnt "the hard way"
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post (total 2):
GMO (Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:21 pm) • ShabbyOrange (Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:02 am)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

well all i can say is i put this stuff in my 11 ltr pots of straight coco......i potted a few plants in them from a 3" pot.......wait for it 3 days later i had shiny thick white roots hanging out the bottom of the pots,its in my thread i was amazed at the roots progress myself :Stoned: and they were only watered once at pot up but i did add root stim ! :idn:

take into consideration they been topped about 10 times super cropped twice,the veg period so far has been under 75 watts of led,+ now im about to warm the fukas up. :Stoned:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 3):
bigbadbillybob (Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:51 pm) • Trex (Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:02 pm) • aridynomyco (Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:05 pm)

Return to “Cannabis science and research”