Welcome to the cannabis science and research section. This section is here to discuss scientific ideas, applications and ideas regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Cannabis endophytes with antagonistic effects against pathogens.

Cannabis research, studies & results
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Organism ---------------------------------- Target pathogen ----------------------------- Activity

Fungi

Penicillium copticola L3 -------------------- Trichothecium roseum -------------------- Growth inhibition
Paecilomyces lilacinus A3 --------------------- Botrytis cinerea ---------------------------- Growth inhibition
Alternaria alternata CN1----------------------- Fusarium solani ---------------------------- Growth inhibition
Aspergillus niger 2 -------------------------- Curvularia lunata--------------------------- Growth inhibition

Bacteria
Pseudomonas fulva BTC8-1 ------------- Botrytis cinerea -----------------------------Cellulase,HCN Siderophore
P. orientalis BTG8-5 ------------------------- Botrytis cinerea -----------------------------Cellulase, IAA,Siderophore
Paenibacillus sp. MOSEL-w13 ------------ Aspergillus niger,Fusarium oxysporum ---Growth inhibition

https://www.mdpi.com/2076-2607/8/3/355/htm
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 3):
G3W2HIN (Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:19 am) • Rubbered (Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:01 am) • Guest (Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:54 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube

Re: Cannabis endophytes with antagonistic effects against pathogens.

Post by Guest »

I'm going to grab a bong or two, a cupa and have a tea and read through some more of this. After getting bud rot myself in the jar, this may be worth looking at.

Am I right in thinking botrytis (or some forms) can be dormant in the plant until the conditions are right for it to produce and spread?
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
GMO (Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:20 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

DIY.Rik wrote:I'm going to grab a bong or two, a cupa and have a tea and read through some more of this. After getting bud rot myself in the jar, this may be worth looking at.

Am I right in thinking botrytis (or some forms) can be dormant in the plant until the conditions are right for it to produce and spread?
That's how I understand bud rot to work man... sets in well before you see it trying to reproduce

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
Josh (Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:29 pm)

Post by Guest »

What is more interesting about this is flavanoids and quercitin are both powerful antioxidants found in Cannabis. Quercetin can be antiviral and has been known to act against coronavorus apparently:
https://alphagreen.io/quercetin
GMO (Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:20 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

DIY.Rik wrote:What is more interesting about this is flavanoids and quercitin are both powerful antioxidants found in Cannabis. Quercetin can be antiviral and has been known to act against coronavorus apparently:
Yeah man, the colours purple and red are specific compounds with documented uses. I'm really high but I'm sure goggle will help better than me atm explaining

Guest (Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:22 pm)

Post by Guest »

.......also can be anti infammatory too, plus something to do with anti mutant for cancer cells or something.

Interesting stuff GMO :thanks:
GMO (Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:46 pm)

Post by Guest »

GMO wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:21 pm
DIY.Rik wrote:What is more interesting about this is flavanoids and quercitin are both powerful antioxidants found in Cannabis. Quercetin can be antiviral and has been known to act against coronavorus apparently:
Yeah man, the colours purple and red are specific compounds with documented uses. I'm really high but I'm sure goggle will help better than me atm explaining

Throw some my way then lol, im eeeeeeking out some little bags of vitually nothing I had to pick up. Alright though, just not enough of it! :suicide:

Oooooh that's good to know about the purples and reds, I'm doing rainbow candy after my banana blaze. Apparently loads of colours in that! :oik!:
GMO (Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:29 pm)

GHO

Post by GHO »

I've been wondering if regular foliar with antifungals like aloe will nip it in the proverbial bud.
These users thanked the author GHO for the post:
GMO (Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:43 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

GHO wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:41 pm
I've been wondering if regular foliar with antifungals like aloe will nip it in the proverbial bud.
Im attempting the dominate and subdue technique lol

bacillus subtillus foliar to block the sites and knock back any spores and EM for the LAB cos apparently lactic acid will also hold it off (im using raw aloe as a surfactant with both :D)
Guest (Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:57 pm)

Return to “Cannabis science and research”