Welcome to the cannabis science and research section. This section is here to discuss scientific ideas, applications and ideas regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Far-red: The Forgotten Photons - With Dr. Bruce Bugbee

Cannabis research, studies & results
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Far-red: The Forgotten Photons - With Dr. Bruce Bugbee

Post by GMO »

In this video, Dr. Bruce Bugbee reviews recent research on the powerful effect of far-red photons on plant growth and development. The summary includes the evidence for the direct value of far-red photons in photosynthesis as well as their value in promoting leaf expansion rate in lettuce. The evidence indicates that we need to redefine photosynthetic photons to include wavelengths beyond 700 nm. The availability of efficient far-red emitting LEDs means that there are immediate commercial applications of this research for indoor agriculture.

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Philzon   Vape4Ever
GHO

Re: Far-red: The Forgotten Photons - With Dr. Bruce Bugbee

Post by GHO »

That's interesting stuff mate I've noticed a lot of lights bringing in infrared and far red. I've been wondering about adding smaller lights to my set up with only those spectrums but everything I've seen so far is DIY. The wiring is beyond me.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Return to “Cannabis science and research”