Welcome to the cannabis science and research section. This section is here to discuss scientific ideas, applications and ideas regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Rosin

Cannabis research, studies & results
Farmer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Rosin

Post by Farmer »

Hows it going all hope use are keeping well

So as the title says this thread is about rosin an the different types that can be made like rosin butter or fudge, oily, sappy, stable like a sheet of glass and the different temps to make it, never forget that not every strain will be the same an different temps produce different types like butter etc an its all different yields like sum can give 15, 20, even 30% back

So say you pressed 20gram you get 4gram back that's 20%

My set up is a 6ton shop press with power plates rosin plates they look very nice an they are dual heated too.

So here dirty and myself will be broadcasting are ways and are returns from what we r pressing with vids an pics

Here is a bit of what I pressed today.

Like butter/fudge

Kinda oily

Atb

trigger

Re: Rosin

Post by trigger »

got to love the roz man, far cleaner hit than the shatter when decarbed, some nice looking roz you got there, time for the busen , happy days

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Mad stuff Farmer. I've never tried it myself. Just green and hash for me, I'm gonna play with oil next year. I'll follow this with interest.

Farmer

Post by Farmer »

trigger wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:41 pm
got to love the roz man, far cleaner hit than the shatter when decarbed, some nice looking roz you got there, time for the busen , happy days
Yea i like the rosin over the shatter but like the both so i do but rosin i think u get the better taste from it

Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Keeno wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:44 pm
Mad stuff Farmer. Ive never tried it myself. Just green and hash for me, im gonna play with oil next year. Ill follow this with interest.
Yea its nice stuff so it is keeno good an clean nothin needed but heat an pressure an ur golden, yea get the oil made mate u will not look back

i spy

Post by i spy »

never heard of this, thanks for the insight mate.

Clunge Muncher

Post by Clunge Muncher »

Nice one for the thread, defo watching this one, would like to try this one day... i'll have to tap you up for a shopping list again lol.

As always lots of pics :).
Resident armchair grower :D .

trigger

Post by trigger »

farmer, have you tried decarbing it and adding terpenes to it ? makes some nice oil for vaping and very discreet, so discreet I went through airport security with mine and stuck in in tray, they never had a Scooby, defo recommended

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

trigger wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:55 am
farmer, have you tried decarbing it and adding terpenes to it ? makes some nice oil for vaping and very discreet, so discreet I went through airport security with mine and stuck in in tray, they never had a Scooby, defo recommended
Trigger, whats up with these terpenes you can add? I see a company on insta selling terpenes in US, thought ill have a look at it later but forgot all about it till you just mentioned it :D.

Farmer

Post by Farmer »

i spy wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:36 pm
never heard of this, thanks for the insight mate.
Not a problem should be doing some more today so will fire up some more pics

Return to “Cannabis science and research”