Welcome to the cannabis science and research section. This section is here to discuss scientific ideas, applications and ideas regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

PH questions?

Cannabis research, studies & results
Keeno
Site Admin

PH questions?

Post by Keeno »

Wassup GR420

Ive had a few questions on my mind regarding ph of late so lets see what you all think.

Firstly, i use a res and mix up 4 days feed at a time. I let the water sit for 24 hours in the res, nock up my feed and set ph, the next day the ph has risen, i reset it and it will then stay the same for the following 2 days. My question is, if the feed is going through the plant the first day i set it does the ph rise in the feed in the coco the same way it does in my res? if so to keep the correct ph under the surface would it be better to set the ph 24 hours after ive alrady set it, so it would stay the same, ame as the res reacts.....got that hurt my head trying to explain, good luck reading it lol.

Second question, when we do a flush during the grow, be it mid flower flush or when we hit a issue, should we ph it? or at least the last 25% of it. the rerason i ask is similar to the above question. i know having the ph in the coco out can cause issues, so dumping 40 liters of high ph tap water through my coco after setting it daily for the duration baffles my brain a bit.

Gone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PH questions?

Post by Gone »

i have to say mate the first one is a good one will be interesting to see the replies

but as for the second one i dont ph when i flush mid flower as straight after the flush you then feed so you end up putting more water thats ph'd to your plants requirements back in (how i think of it anyway)

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

First one no idea... Second I also don't pH when flushing.... Better out of limits imho
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

Keeno wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:07 pm
Wassup GR420

Ive had a few questions on my mind regarding ph of late so lets see what you all think.

Firstly, i use a res and mix up 4 days feed at a time. I let the water sit for 24 hours in the res, nock up my feed and set ph, the next day the ph has risen, i reset it and it will then stay the same for the following 2 days. My question is, if the feed is going through the plant the first day i set it does the ph rise in the feed in the coco the same way it does in my res? if so to keep the correct ph under the surface would it be better to set the ph 24 hours after ive alrady set it, so it would stay the same, ame as the res reacts.....got that hurt my head trying to explain, good luck reading it lol.

Second question, when we do a flush during the grow, be it mid flower flush or when we hit a issue, should we ph it? or at least the last 25% of it. the rerason i ask is similar to the above question. i know having the ph in the coco out can cause issues, so dumping 40 liters of high ph tap water through my coco after setting it daily for the duration baffles my brain a bit.
hiya bach.....heres my 2bobs worth........Q1 . why are ewe letting the water / ferts sit for days on end ? i cant see any point in that tbh...imho if its mixed fresh daily not let to sit a luke warm going in i see no issues,i mix my water 5 mins before feeding them i jest use hot + cold water straight outta taps until it feels nice and warm..warmer than my hand !!! i then add the desired ammount of ferts then ph it,so long as its within range your plants will flourish,i find running it as close to 6.0 all the grow serves me ok in husks. i`d never water with water cooler than the pots water temps of 23 is just fine imo,i aint even got a meter my pH must fluctuating big time the plants are healthy,enviroment is the key factor bach. :Stoned:

Q2 . i will be leeching mine in 2 weeks ready to take on the PK 14 /15 .......i will run 14 litres ...PH`D water @ 6.0 or as close as each pot ...then drop the base ferts cf to 1 + hit the buggers with PK for a few days,+ yes in coco if the PH issint within sync the plants simply cannot draw up the water / ferts / flush properly....... atb :Stoned:

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

The main reason is time capt, i can knock up to 5 days if needed in the res. Means I'm not pissing about daily, makes life a lot easier when I got 2 feeds as well. I keep it well oxygenated and moving for the duration it's in there.

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Keeno wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:40 pm
The main reason is time capt, i can knock up to 5 days if needed in the res. Means I'm not pissing about daily, makes life a lot easier when I got 2 feeds as well. I keep it well oxygenated and moving for the duration it's in there.
is it warm ? i find watering me dope shocks the buggers f the water aint warm see,anyway i rather mix fresh myself bach horses for courses ennit :Stoned: we all have our own ways bach thats the beauty of it ........no fukas rite....... no fukas wrong....... :laugh: atb.

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

im mixing 15 litres daily 2 different measures of ferts bach duw duw..... :Stoned: ooops twice daily i meant :oik!:

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

captain beefheart wrote:
Keeno wrote:
is it warm ? i find watering me dope shocks the buggers f the water aint warm see,anyway i rather mix fresh myself bach horses for courses ennit :Stoned: we all have our own ways bach thats the beauty of it ........no fukas rite....... no fukas wrong....... atb.
Warmish, ambient temps are 20ish so it's there abouts.

Yeah that's the beauty of these gaffs, we get to learn different ways and pick each other's brains. You well mate?

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Keeno wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:46 pm
captain beefheart wrote:
Keeno wrote:
is it warm ? i find watering me dope shocks the buggers f the water aint warm see,anyway i rather mix fresh myself bach horses for courses ennit :Stoned: we all have our own ways bach thats the beauty of it ........no fukas rite....... no fukas wrong....... atb.
Warmish, ambient temps are 20ish so it's there abouts.

Yeah that's the beauty of these gaffs, we get to learn different ways and pick each other's brains. You well mate?
aye its the oly way to grow out the dope........just crack on doing ya own thing + fuk the world :laugh: yeah im good bach waiting on another MRI scan fuking feel like steve austin last few months mun.hope ewe keeping good bach.atb :Stoned:

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

o btw when i ran water / NFT i`d leech my plants twice on Ph`D water only once a week after flipping id run it water only 24 hours before adding bloom ferts to the res + then i`d run the system again with bloom until week 5 flowering ...then leeching 24 hours ph water only, @ week 5 / 6 before i added the pk 14 / 15 + boost with a lower cf on base ferts :Stoned:

Return to “Cannabis science and research”