Welcome to the cannabis science and research section. This section is here to discuss scientific ideas, applications and ideas regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Busting common myths about cannabis and UV (Ultraviolet)

Cannabis research, studies & results
Nom
Known User

Re: Busting common myths about cannabis and UV (Ultraviolet)

Post by Nom »

Oh bugger it i better go get me wallet out again
These users thanked the author Nom for the post (total 2):
Treetrunk (Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:19 am) • sybarite (Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:44 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: Busting common myths about cannabis and UV (Ultraviolet)

Post by seymore_budz »

Thanks got sharing. An interesting read for sure. I always take articles that come from people selling things with a pinch of salt but I think a lot of this actually rings true to me. I really don't know a lot about lights and how spectrum affects cannabis but it's always bugged me how plants under HID lighting grow differently to the same plants grown under LED. I know you don't get much UVB from HID due to the glass filtering most of it out but I'm pretty sure they give out a a little UVA.

Back in the day, I knew some growers that used to mix there HPS with MH lamps and run both types throughout. There results were always amazing. Really tight nugs that smelt great. I wonder if it was the little UVA/B the halides introduced that gave them the edge?
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 3):
Treetrunk (Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:56 am) • Rubbered (Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:15 pm) • sybarite (Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:56 am)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Cannabis science and research”