Welcome to the cannabis science and research section. This section is here to discuss scientific ideas, applications and ideas regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Phytohormone's

Cannabis research, studies & results

Phytohormone's

Post by Guest »

Phytohormones occur everywhere in the plant kingdom, even in algae, which may explain its ferocious growth rate. They are signalling molecules which are produced within the plants by themselves in very low concentrations. This gives the plant the ability to function many different tasks. It is a little like the thyroid of a human, it’s role is there in pathogen response, stress response and reproduction (maybe a slight difference to humans)

There are 9 main types of these hormones:
  • Auxins
  • Cytokinins
  • Gibberellic Acid
  • Jasmonic Acid
  • Brassinosteroids
  • Peptides
  • Ethylene
  • Salicylic Acid
  • Abscisic Acid
I have tried to research and add sources for each of these hormones and I am building up my knowledge on my blog, of which I hope as I re read and re-research I can share here too on GR420, I believe that skill and kowledge should be shared for everyone to benefit from but I'd like to ensure at least most of it is correct :lol:
With all the GHO stuff going on many may find all this information incredibly valuable.

This subject gets very complex as you are looking into compounds with biosynthesis amongst other subjects to cover, it's like a re visit back to school :bang head: a headache or two here and there now though, am I showing my age? :ak:

They all have their own job to do but we can help our soil a bit by ensuring the availability from various sources, so I have researched where you could find smaterials to cover all 9. Many of these are food sources so you could ensure you provide little bit's of all into your compost or bokashi, all while eating healthy too :oik!:

So let’s look into our soil health and help keep our plants and ourselves at tip top health.

To be continued.............
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 6):
GMO (Sat May 08, 2021 11:50 am) • sybarite (Sat May 08, 2021 1:52 pm) • 2-Scoops (Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:44 pm) • Rubbered (Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:34 am) • Mafooo (Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:04 pm) • Mrs Beefheart (Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:16 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Re: Phytohormone's

Post by Guest »

......also please feel free to correct, comment, debate and chat about anything here, that's what this is for so people can talk, learn, share and benefit from.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
MrNice (Sat May 08, 2021 11:00 am) • GMO (Sat May 08, 2021 11:50 am)

Post by Guest »

Now this brings back memories. I think I need to get my head back into some of this.

Rubbered

Post by Rubbered »

I'll need to look through my notes from last year, I have procedures for Culturing plant cells and auxins and cytokinins play some role In it. If I remember correctly differing ratios and concentrations bring about different changes. Straight off top of my brain case so could be wrong haha Ill need to find those notes later haha get my plans back in motion!!
" It's all about money not freedom.
You think you're free?
Try going somewhere without money " - Bill Hicks

Rubbered

Post by Rubbered »

Might have notes on biochemistry aswell laying around 👍
These users thanked the author Rubbered for the post:
Guest (Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:27 pm)

Post by Guest »

Rubbered wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:51 pm
Might have notes on biochemistry aswell laying around 👍
Place it here if you want mate. That's if you're OK sharing. I can add something into my blog and stamp your name on it too, put a few links in?
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Rubbered (Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:42 am)

Post by Guest »

...or make a separate post @Rubbered if you wanted to....
Rubbered (Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:42 am)

Rubbered

Post by Rubbered »

I'll stick the stuff on the hormones and cell culture in here mate, kinda rolls with the topic.
Just need to sift through everything haha got a pile of books and notes and I'm not the most organised haha.

I'll spend some time today see what I find n have a search to jog my memory 👍
These users thanked the author Rubbered for the post (total 3):
GMO (Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:18 pm) • Guest (Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:01 pm) • 2-Scoops (Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:46 pm)

Post by Guest »

Rubbered wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:52 am
I'll stick the stuff on the hormones and cell culture in here mate, kinda rolls with the topic.
Just need to sift through everything haha got a pile of books and notes and I'm not the most organised haha.

I'll spend some time today see what I find n have a search to jog my memory 👍
Cool 😎 thanks for sharing.
Rubbered (Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:56 am)

Rubbered

Post by Rubbered »

Found most my notes, I just need to sort them and type up. Got notes on 3 different types of culture. I'll start by typing up the first and hopefully build on it. I have 3 but just so you know there's about 8 different principles and will be dependant on your application I guess.

But AYE, here's what I was trying to waffle earlier lol...

auxins (IAA or IBA) - high levels = root formation..... Promotes cell elongation and division giving adventitious roots.

Cytokinins (adenine derivatives) - high levels = shoot formation... Promotes cell division, plant growth and development. - Kinetin most commonly used.

Ratios are altered in culture depending on your desire to promote roots or shoots.
These users thanked the author Rubbered for the post (total 2):
Guest (Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:16 pm) • GMO (Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:56 pm)

Return to “Cannabis science and research”