Welcome to the cannabis science and research section. This section is here to discuss scientific ideas, applications and ideas regarding cannabis and growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

PH questions?

Cannabis research, studies & results
kbag
GR420 Leg End

Re: PH questions?

Post by kbag »

I am with capt with the flushing straight from the tap its just to cold for them.My ambient temps around the pots are about 20-22C so my feed go's in at the same temps.If i have a serious issue of salt build up etc then i fill the bath with water using the hot tap to get the desired temp. Once flushed i then add a mild mix of nutes phed straight afterwards.
i do not do a mid flower flush after week 6 i just lower the EC week by week.
If your plants look happy why flush? K yours certainly look happy and the buds are booming out white pistols. its your grow mate you do what the plants are telling you.

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

K on another note you know i have lots of issues with my grow. i had to basically throw the rule book out of the window. I have grown in coco for a good few years now and never had to ph @6.4 to get them to feed. With the mites as well my plants were just not feeding at the normal numbers. upping the EC did not help as they were just not feeding @ the ph levels i was using.
Looking back upping the EC was just compounding the issue. Looking in at them everyday looking sad def done my nut in. Atm i am using no ph down at all just mixing the nutes brings my ph down to a level where the plants are feeding. Guess what i am saying is fudge the numbers and read the plants.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Very informative and simply answers to the questions above. Everything makes perfect sense. But I've got a questions. Most grows of mine I've been doing midflower flush at week 4 straight from the tap, ice cold water and no pH. Sometimes it takes x2 pot size sometimes x3 pot size to get ec equal to tal ec. Quesiton is why the flower production increases rapidly after the flush if the factors temperature and pH and not taken into consideration?
I've compared 2 differeng grows with same cuttings - one with mid flush one without. Flushed one way better. Not only yield, but flavour and smell.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

captain beefheart wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:06 pm
o btw when i ran water / NFT i`d leech my plants twice on Ph`D water only once a week after flipping id run it water only 24 hours before adding bloom ferts to the res + then i`d run the system again with bloom until week 5 flowering ...then leeching 24 hours ph water only, @ week 5 / 6 before i added the pk 14 / 15 + boost with a lower cf on base ferts :Stoned:
Can I say keeno - as much as I am lazy, I notice day 1 of a tank change the growth is a lot faster than after 5 days..... capt is onto something with daily topups or mixes but I know in the real world this isnt always possible.
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Gone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Gone »

i have to say viz your full of useful info mate and it would appear you have generated more questions

but i have to ask if your room is sat at 20c and tap water comes out at around 15c would that 5c differance make that much of an impact

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

I have my chillers on at 18.5 viz. I am worried a bit about my new DWC setup tho as its not got a chiller..... h2o2 daily be enough?

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

hmmmmm...... gonna have to try it I guess and see

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

Very interesting debate here. If you are trying for perfection then temps of your feed play a big part. With coco it is inert until you feed it then coco stores the nutes and releases them every time you water. A good understanding on how the coco works helps you as grower to perfect your final product. It is not always about quantity as i tell my mrs quality over quantity.

Return to “Cannabis science and research”