Best portable vaporiser

How do you toke yours!?
Nanook
Respected Member

Re: Best portable vaporiser

Post by Nanook »

Yeah I looked at them 420 - look nice tbh. We seem very happy with the mighty :)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Philzon   Vape4Ever
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

How’s the mighty performing nook, give us an updated review now you’ve had it a while

Happy with it ??
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Extremely happy. It gets a bit tedious making the little pods up so I make the wife do it. You don't need to use them but it's handy.
I wouldn't have a different one unless it was a crafty for use out and about tbh. 10/10 100% for this :)
These users thanked the author Nanook for the post:
Minty (Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:05 pm)

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

As always a very fair review from Nook

Doesn’t compare to the volcano though surely ???

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Honestly, its not the volcano - but its not far shy and a lot less hassle.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Elijahgrowz wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:03 am
Well I'll help by re-kicking this off.
Recently I have been contemplating making the move from a mix baccy weed joint and bong rips to a vape.
Now prices are ridiculous but hey they last so not to bad in the grand scheme of things.

My mate had just recently brought the mighty 💪🏽and wow isn't its just but for me like the volcano (which I've never tried) are very home smoking tools. Not something you can throw in your pocket and go to the park, that's my main thing.
At the moment I'm using the first gen Airizer which I have to say is a very good vape especially for the price (borrowing this also) 😂
Looking into the davinci, but what I'd like to know is what's the best portable Vape you can take outside your home?
Congratulations for considering dropping the combustion :) I stopped smoking everything 6 years ago now and never look back.

I had to give up everything for around 12 months including vaping just to get over the nicotine addition as well as the habit of smoking. I think I needed to forget that feeling when you smoke something and it hits your throat. Without the break, I'd still be on the tobacco now. Everyone is different but I just didn't have it in me to give up tobacco and joints and go 100% vape overnight.

I take my mighty everywhere :) they are a little big though. The crafty is good but the battery life sucks. I wouldn't recommend the pax but a friend has the arizer solo 2 and for the money, they're awesome!
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
Minty (Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:06 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

flip
Known User

Post by flip »

I had a Volcano digit, but the wife got fed up with hiding it every time someone came over so my cousin has it now! So my Mighty arrived today. I will let you know the verdict tomorrow :)
These users thanked the author flip for the post (total 2):
Elijah Growz (Mon May 04, 2020 5:09 pm) • Minty (Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:06 pm)
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing

weedabix

Post by weedabix »

I have bought the vapcap m a while ago as my entry into dry herb vaping - I didn't know anything about it and couldn't commit to the investment of mighty/volcano which would have been on top of my list. The Vapcap is a very different concept: a steel pipe similar to a one hitter, that has a little bimetal cap that clicks when you have reached a certain temperature. You heat it with a little torch lighter so no batteries needed!
I don't have any experiences to compare it with, but so far I would say:

https://www.dynavap.com/
Pros:
- small and easy to hide
- cheap(ish)
- no power/batteries/chargers/cables needed
- easy to clean and fill
- can produce good flavours and also some more dense clouds
- perfect for microdosing
- once you get a hang of it, you can actually control the temperature fairly well
- looks cool and is kind of fun
- has a cool storage case that is airtight so you could take it with you ready to go!
- probably fairly indestructable

Cons:
- takes some time and youtube videos to get a hang of it
- you need a torch lighter - often
- the heating could be considered a faff - or fun
- small bowl
- the vapour totally depends on how you heat it and only skill makes a consistent vape
- fairly expensive for what it is - but I appreciate the attention to detail they put into it.
- I still am not totally convinced by vaping: I find it either not rich enough in flavour (like inhaling scented air) or tasting like popcorn but not a full flavour profile and I miss the thickness of smoke hitting me - not sure this is because of the vapcap or because of me!

So in summary: I love it as a product and it totally convinced my girlfriend! I am still not entirely sold on vaping and don't know whether it's because of vaping or because of the vapcap's abilities.

Let me know if you want pointers on how to use it.
These users thanked the author weedabix for the post:
Minty (Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:07 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

I have the original Volcano and it's still going strong after 20 years. My favourite portable vape is the Dynavap Vapcap M, which I now use more than my Volcano with a glass bubbler, it really is that good. I find the hits more concentrated and intense. The only issue with the Dynavap is that you have to stop what you're doing to take a hit and it's not great in the wind, whereas with battery operated devices you can simply hold them in one hand and take tokes while doing other things, so the next best thing for me is the Splinter Z by Rastabuddhatao, which is almost like a portable volcano and gives a very similar experience in that it's passing hot air through the bud. It gives great flavour, has a pure glass pathway, can be used with most box mods (I use a Wismec Reuleaux GEN3) and the AVB remains uncharred. It's not the most inconspicuous device if you use it with some of the optional third party mouthpieces and may not be as tough as the Mighty, but it's very well made and very effective.
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post (total 2):
Elijah Growz (Mon May 04, 2020 5:10 pm) • Minty (Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:07 pm)

sybarite
Known User

Post by sybarite »

weedabix wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:30 am
I have bought the vapcap m a while ago as my entry into dry herb vaping - I didn't know anything about it and couldn't commit to the investment of mighty/volcano which would have been on top of my list. The Vapcap is a very different concept: a steel pipe similar to a one hitter, that has a little bimetal cap that clicks when you have reached a certain temperature. You heat it with a little torch lighter so no batteries needed!
I don't have any experiences to compare it with, but so far I would say:

https://www.dynavap.com/
Pros:
- small and easy to hide
- cheap(ish)
- no power/batteries/chargers/cables needed
- easy to clean and fill
- can produce good flavours and also some more dense clouds
- perfect for microdosing
- once you get a hang of it, you can actually control the temperature fairly well
- looks cool and is kind of fun
- has a cool storage case that is airtight so you could take it with you ready to go!
- probably fairly indestructable

Cons:
- takes some time and youtube videos to get a hang of it
- you need a torch lighter - often
- the heating could be considered a faff - or fun
- small bowl
- the vapour totally depends on how you heat it and only skill makes a consistent vape
- fairly expensive for what it is - but I appreciate the attention to detail they put into it.
- I still am not totally convinced by vaping: I find it either not rich enough in flavour (like inhaling scented air) or tasting like popcorn but not a full flavour profile and I miss the thickness of smoke hitting me - not sure this is because of the vapcap or because of me!

So in summary: I love it as a product and it totally convinced my girlfriend! I am still not entirely sold on vaping and don't know whether it's because of vaping or because of the vapcap's abilities.

Let me know if you want pointers on how to use it.
Vaping will always feel different to smoking, the latter is usually more stoney and intense, whereas vaping is more cerebral, although once you get used to not smoking you may find you enjoy vaping more and get just as stoned, as I now do - our bodies/brains need time to adapt. I believe this is partly due to different compounds (terpenes/cannabinoids) vapourising at different temperatures (some turn to vapour at lower temps than others), so in theory we should get a wider range of effects when vaping, as many of those compounds are destroyed when smoking. I find the Dynavap used without a bubbler and heated near the base of the cap provides a nice, hot, burning toke, which is great if you're used to smoking and find the hits from most other vapes too light.

Return to “Toking Paraphernalia”