Anyone else have a sticky brick

How do you toke yours!?
grow_guided

Re: Anyone else have a sticky brick

Post by grow_guided »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:42 pm
150 quid though :Shock:
Not sure where you got that price this is the flip brick by sticky brick labs it only cost me £80
These users thanked the author grow_guided for the post:
Guest (Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:16 pm)

Egzoset

Post by Egzoset »

grow_guided wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:47 pm
Wow dude, I mean I just use the thing to get high but, that’s some next level stuff.
It's only intended to suggest topics as an invitation to develop your own product review, for example i wouldn't mind a few corrections about the fresh air inlet hole as i don't see it in the pictures although i think i recall reading about it... So please go ahead, use my post as a canevas and share with us some direct observations! What's the optimal number of torch flames? Is the Pulse-Heating model attainable with only 1 blue flame? How bad would it tase using a Bic yellow flame with cheap butane gas inside?? Etc. These designs are too rare to minimize their importance when in search for alternatives to the usual electricity-powered concepts. So i'd be most interested in such feeback and most specially crucial snapshots related to the heat mixing process, assuming a fresh air port even exists, since organic memory looses acuracy with the passage of time!

C'mon, don't be shy. At least spare me the need to supplicate on both knees... :dance:

Good day, have fun!! Image
These users thanked the author Egzoset for the post:
Guest (Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:59 am)
Vaporist of Borg.

Post by Guest »

So is there a fresh air port then? :idn:
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 3):
flip (Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:37 am) • grow_guided (Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:17 pm) • Egzoset (Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:01 am)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

grow_guided

Post by grow_guided »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:01 am
So is there a fresh air port then? :idn:
Sorry, yes it has a small hole that mixed fresh air with the heat to stop it combusting the herb. Here is a pic
Egzoset (Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:01 am)

Egzoset

Post by Egzoset »

DIY.Rik wrote:
So is there a fresh air port then?
grow_guided wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:18 pm
...yes it has a small hole that mixed fresh air with the heat to stop it combusting the herb. Here is a pic

{ Invalid Image }
Oh, well i got an answer to that question but the picture posting proved problematic. Better luck next time!!

:oik!:
Guest (Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:36 pm)

grow_guided

Post by grow_guided »

Egzoset wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:07 am
DIY.Rik wrote:
So is there a fresh air port then?
grow_guided wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:18 pm
...yes it has a small hole that mixed fresh air with the heat to stop it combusting the herb. Here is a pic

{ Invalid Image }
Oh, well i got an answer to that question but the picture posting proved problematic. Better luck next time!!

:oik!:
Hahaha yes I’m not having the best luck. Here it is again Image
Egzoset (Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:44 pm)

Egzoset

Post by Egzoset »

Ah, there it is!

So my next question, eventually, would be about how many torch flames work best with it.

Using my customized pipe i found the good old Vector KGM "Volt" series was best suited including in terms of reliability:

My 1st units lasted about a year, then even more as my adjustments got fine-tweaked. So it's going to be about minimizing trade-offs while matching a particular throttle to the final workload/task, for example:

This next close-up manipulation on video provides some fair idea of relative sizes:

[ https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZLhcXE4MVI ]

Which wasn't easy to find as my YT search generated a ton of selfie sessions not really useful for our purpose. IMO different flame throttles ain't likely to feel equivalent when trying to compare side-effects, one of those possibly translating as excess heat potentially threatening to become uncomfortable, or a lack of power cancelling the show (as pulse-heating performance depends on a brief but strong burst of energy), etc!

:viking:

Most unfortunately that's not actually demonstrating how the bowl gets loaded neither, not even where it's located! Which is more hint suggestions for a future eventual home-made review, e.g. as an invitation to create your own because it's hardly good enough to have heard about it: our minds kind of starve to see it now!!

:hungry:

Well, you got my vote if you decide to add direct graphic information and i'll bet others may be curious as well!

:wave:
Guest (Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:11 pm)

Post by Guest »

Egzoset wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:43 pm
Ah, there it is!

So my next question, eventually, would be about how many torch flames work best with it.

Using my customized pipe i found the good old Vector KGM "Volt" series was best suited including in terms of reliability:

My 1st units lasted about a year, then even more as my adjustments got fine-tweaked. So it's going to be about minimizing trade-offs while matching a particular throttle to the final workload/task, for example:

This next close-up manipulation on video provides some fair idea of relative sizes:

[ https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZLhcXE4MVI ]

Which wasn't easy to find as my YT search generated a ton of selfie sessions not really useful for our purpose. IMO different flame throttles ain't likely to feel equivalent when trying to compare side-effects, one of those possibly translating as excess heat potentially threatening to become uncomfortable, or a lack of power cancelling the show (as pulse-heating performance depends on a brief but strong burst of energy), etc!

:viking:

Most unfortunately that's not actually demonstrating how the bowl gets loaded neither, not even where it's located! Which is more hint suggestions for a future eventual home-made review, e.g. as an invitation to create your own because it's hardly good enough to have heard about it: our minds kind of starve to see it now!!

Well, you got my vote if you decide to add direct graphic information and i'll bet others may be curious as well!

:wave:
Ya just the Vape/Smoke Godget master! 😆

Egzoset

Post by Egzoset »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:12 pm
Hummm... Lets not require the services of a translator just yet!

IMO if you think the Vector KGM Volt might fail matching his Sticky Labs Co. vaporizer then pardon me for this criptic reference to a most basic principle:

Euh... :drama:

In any case please keep in mind that i only suggested my butane torch lighter was matching the consumption method fine, though perhaps i should have explained its blue flame only lasts 2 ~ 3 seconds at most, which is exactly why i used to carry 2 units in my vaporizer transport pouch (to alternate instead of over-heat):

The size is about 14.5 cm (L.) x 9.5 cm (W.) x 4.5 cm (H.) or ~620 cubic cm i guess... So i'll bet the Sticky Brick occupies more volume and also calls for something with "punch" like kitchen-size butane lighters - provided the flame can last as long as the associated ritual needs it to be, so this sort of "detail" is actually having some impact depending on how the lighter and tool happen to match together. My point being that an abused device won't be reliable the same as it would prove under normal operating conditions, provided it's got plenty of "juice" to do the job... And i consider the Volt targets cigarette users who only need to light up fast.

Moreover it turns out the Volt is already set near its maximum throttle limit and consequently half-full tanks rapidly cause performance to drop; in other words it requires frequent refills.

Sound familiar anyone? ...

On another hand, the leather pouch was sold with an electric razor inside, long long ago: it's refurbished. Nonetheless please take note everything necessary for a 1 week vacation is present in that picture, with a possibility to replace one lighter by a butane refill... Other than this i'd argue each toke costs about 100 joules, may 50, maybe 200. Not many times beyond that anyway.

Once again i'm curious about the Sticky Brick energy budget relatively to its toking density, opacity & volume, though in my pipe a particular configuration setup would help tame down a person's consuming profile most conveniently on the long run, ideally... But this is a bong-style setup seemingly inviting party-size tokes, so... On a Sticky Brick all parameters being fixed i suppose manual control over Fresh Air injection is Paramount, right?? After all the years the pinhole drag must have been tweaked to perfection, e.g. the ""inlet" port would affect performance in a major way compared to my VG pipe which can tolerate that path to get splitted between 1 manual port + 1 permanent one. Long story!

In any case our respective tools may happen to share multiple common features it doesn't imply there ain't a few differences - that i wish shall get discussed by the op himself if that ever applies at all, of course.

P.S.: Oh my! Have anyone noticed the emoticons started breeding exponentially?!!

Guest (Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:14 pm)

grow_guided

Post by grow_guided »

Egzoset wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:34 am
DIY.Rik wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:12 pm
Hummm... Lets not require the services of a translator just yet!

IMO if you think the Vector KGM Volt might fail matching his Sticky Labs Co. vaporizer then pardon me for this criptic reference to a most basic principle:

Euh... :drama:

In any case please keep in mind that i only suggested my butane torch lighter was matching the consumption method fine, though perhaps i should have explained its blue flame only lasts 2 ~ 3 seconds at most, which is exactly why i used to carry 2 units in my vaporizer transport pouch (to alternate instead of over-heat):

The size is about 14.5 cm (L.) x 9.5 cm (W.) x 4.5 cm (H.) or ~620 cubic cm i guess... So i'll bet the Sticky Brick occupies more volume and also calls for something with "punch" like kitchen-size butane lighters - provided the flame can last as long as the associated ritual needs it to be, so this sort of "detail" is actually having some impact depending on how the lighter and tool happen to match together. My point being that an abused device won't be reliable the same as it would prove under normal operating conditions, provided it's got plenty of "juice" to do the job... And i consider the Volt targets cigarette users who only need to light up fast.

Moreover it turns out the Volt is already set near its maximum throttle limit and consequently half-full tanks rapidly cause performance to drop; in other words it requires frequent refills.

Sound familiar anyone? ...

On another hand, the leather pouch was sold with an electric razor inside, long long ago: it's refurbished. Nonetheless please take note everything necessary for a 1 week vacation is present in that picture, with a possibility to replace one lighter by a butane refill... Other than this i'd argue each toke costs about 100 joules, may 50, maybe 200. Not many times beyond that anyway.

Once again i'm curious about the Sticky Brick energy budget relatively to its toking density, opacity & volume, though in my pipe a particular configuration setup would help tame down a person's consuming profile most conveniently on the long run, ideally... But this is a bong-style setup seemingly inviting party-size tokes, so... On a Sticky Brick all parameters being fixed i suppose manual control over Fresh Air injection is Paramount, right?? After all the years the pinhole drag must have been tweaked to perfection, e.g. the ""inlet" port would affect performance in a major way compared to my VG pipe which can tolerate that path to get splitted between 1 manual port + 1 permanent one. Long story!

In any case our respective tools may happen to share multiple common features it doesn't imply there ain't a few differences - that i wish shall get discussed by the op himself if that ever applies at all, of course.

P.S.: Oh my! Have anyone noticed the emoticons started breeding exponentially?!!

All you have done is put me off replying to my own post. It’s a vaporiser there are hundreds of them, they all work on a similar principle of heating the herb without setting it on fire. I grow some weed and get high, I’m not a physicist.
These users thanked the author grow_guided for the post (total 3):
RB1 (Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:24 pm) • Marcus (Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:40 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:43 pm)

Return to “Toking Paraphernalia”