Giving up tobacco with Storz and Bickel

How do you toke yours!?
Vador
Known User

Giving up tobacco with Storz and Bickel

Post by Vador »

Hey
Over the years I’ve tried giving up smoking tobacco many times but always found the hardest part was not smoking joints, tried vaping and bongs but could never replace my joints with anything.
Till recently that is, see over the years I’ve narrowed it down to 2 vapes that have been my favourite, the Arizer extreme q and the iolite portable gas vape.
Tried and owned lots of others but always found them two the most versatile and usable, my favourites. Never been able to give up tobacco with them long term though.

Eleven weeks ago I decided to give it another go and try stop smoking tobacco again so to give myself some incentive decided to buy a new vape, the storz and bickel crafty+, I was sold on this vape because of the dosing capsules.
A couple of weeks down the line and everything’s going great, smoked a couple of joints while at a friends house but apart from that just vaped the whole time, the crafty was operating brilliantly, over the moon with it.
The dosing capsules are an excellent idea, a half Oz will fill 100 capsules which will last me a week and a half to two weeks depending on how many days I work that week, when smoking joints half Oz just about lasts me a week.
It takes roughly 20-30 minutes to fill 100 capsules using the s+b reloading set.
There is however one issue that was bugging me, I can only get 3-4 sessions on a full charge so the vape was always on charge.
Along comes the s+b plenty with dosing capsule adapter, now this thing isn’t quite as straight forward to use as the crafty, the crafty you set the temperature in the app, you can set 3 different temps and when you power it up it goes straight to the first temp, double click or triple click the button for second and third temps. It really is set and forget.
The plenty you have to pull the trigger to activate the heat, then when it hits the temp you set with the dial it switches off and starts cooling till you pull the trigger again. It’s still a good design and works wonderfully well but isn’t as straight forward as the crafty.
Both vapes use convection heating and they really do vape the weed well.

So comparing the iolite and the crafty the biggest thing I notice is there is so little draw resistance on the crafty compared to the iolite, I hadn’t noticed it before on the iolite but now after using the crafty I really notice it.
I would say though that the iolite is more portable due to the fact you can take a can of gas with you and top up as and when keeping you going all day.
The crafty takes ages to fully charge and gets 3-4 sessions per charge so isn’t great for long days out, with a battery pack you could keep it charging.
S+b have just released the mighty + which would probably be the better choice for anyone looking to buy one as it has an extra battery built in.

That brings us on to the extreme q vs the plenty
Yeah I know it’s not really a fair comparison, extreme q vs volcano hybrid would be a better comparison but I don’t have one(yet, defo getting one soon)
Like I said the q is one of my favourites and I’m sad but also pleased to say it has been replaced by the plenty.
Don’t get me wrong the q is an awesome vape and I would recommend it to anyone normally, however the plenty can use the dosing capsules with the adapter(bought separately) so fits nicely into my usage at the moment, as mentioned you do have to balance the heat but it’s no problem once you get used to using it.
The q has a lot of glass which never used to be a problem but where we are now we have laminate floor and two dogs running round so I’m paranoid of dropping it, while the plenty is made of a nice rugged plastic which I can confirm withstands being dropped from knee height onto laminate floor without breaking.

One thing I’m finding with the s+b stuff is I’m having to clean it every week or so and remove loads of gunk, never known vapes like it, the iolite or q have never been cleaned the whole time I’ve had them, they do look used but it doesn’t effect operation, whereas the crafty will literally gunk up and stop working if you don’t clean it. that does make it more inconvenient but on the other hand that’s not ending up in your lungs so I mark that up as another win for s+b.
It’s been 11 weeks and not bought a pouch of backy when normally I’d get through one and a half a week. I’ve smoked a few joints when at a mates house but can honestly say I’m not craving tobacco anymore and feel I won’t be going back.
Can’t wait to get the volcano next, I’ve wanted one since I was about 18, nearly 40 now and still want one more now than ever before.

That brings me on to my next subject which is temperatures and already vaped bud (avb)

So for years is always been a 200c + kinda guy, try and vape every last bit.
Not so long ago it occurred to me that you only really need to hit 155-160c to get the thc, cbd counteracts side effects of thc and it boils at 165c
Cbn breaks down thc and has a calming effect and boils at 185c
Benzene is a carcinogen and boils at 205c and anything higher just gets more and more harmful.
Over the last week I’ve been vaping at 155-160c and been getting noticeably more stoned, the avb that’s left over is a lot more green than it’s usual dark brown colour and looks nicely decarbed so will make some decent edibles.
I’ve recently used my avb to make some infused olive oil, it was really dark avb vaped at 200+ but still made some potent oil, kicked my arse in some brownies the other night so looking forward to cooking with some of this greener avb.

Moral of the story for me is giving up smoking tobacco has been made much easier by using this dosing capsule system, also I’m saving money due to my weed lasting longer and not buying tobacco, so the initial investment seems like a lot to start with but the money I have saved has more than paid for the crafty and is paying off the plenty now.
The fact you can use the avb to make edibles is just a cherry on top for me though, I hate seeing things thrown away so this makes so much sense to me.

Anyway that’s my stoned rambling over, hope this helps anyone on their quest to stop smoking tobacco
These users thanked the author Vador for the post (total 3):
Marcus (Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:34 pm) • anova.330 (Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:57 pm) • MrNice (Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:11 am)
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

FX
Known User

Re: Giving up tobacco with Storz and Bickel

Post by FX »

Good stuff, spliffs were the last smoke I gave up too lol. I have a plenty as well, it's an amazing vape imho but it does get some stick. I bought an extreme q recently as well (because I couldn't afford a 🌋) and have to say I love that too. You really do need a good vape to break free of combustion, you can play around with temps then,I'm also lowering temps when I can, the 1:1 strain I vape in the day has to be a bit hotter as I want the cbd and other minor canabiniods too, entourage effect ftw!
These users thanked the author FX for the post (total 2):
anova.330 (Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:57 pm) • Vador (Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:13 pm)
“Although I am a typical loner in daily life, my consciousness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has preserved me from feeling isolated.” - Albert Einstein

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Awesome write-up. I gave up smoking 6 years ago and started with a crazy then moving up to a mighty. The mighty is miles better than the crazy for day to day use as the battery lasted much longer but its a bit of a beast to carry about :lol: I just ordered a mighty+ as my old mighty is pretty skanky and old so I'll let you know what it's like.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
Vador (Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:13 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

FX wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:46 pm
Good stuff, spliffs were the last smoke I gave up too lol. I have a plenty as well, it's an amazing vape imho but it does get some stick. I bought an extreme q recently as well (because I couldn't afford a 🌋) and have to say I love that too. You really do need a good vape to break free of combustion, you can play around with temps then,I'm also lowering temps when I can, the 1:1 strain I vape in the day has to be a bit hotter as I want the cbd and other minor canabiniods too, entourage effect ftw!
Do you use the dosing adapter for the plenty?
Now I think about it I found the bowl that it comes with is massive and takes a lot of bud, I didn’t like using it with the oil pad like they tell you too, it’d end up with avb and sticky resin stuck to it, I found that a little disappointing but then switched to the dosing capsule adapter and never looked back.
Perhaps when my plants have finished and got plenty of bud I might switch back and start filling it right up.
seymore_budz wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:58 pm
Awesome write-up. I gave up smoking 6 years ago and started with a crazy then moving up to a mighty. The mighty is miles better than the crazy for day to day use as the battery lasted much longer but its a bit of a beast to carry about :lol: I just ordered a mighty+ as my old mighty is pretty skanky and old so I'll let you know what it's like.
If I’d known the mighty+ was just around the corner I’d have waited for that I think rather than buying the crafty, I do like the portability of it though, fits in your pocket nice.
How many sessions do you get from a fully charged mighty?

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Vador wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:13 pm
FX wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:46 pm
Do you use the dosing adapter for the plenty?
Now I think about it I found the bowl that it comes with is massive and takes a lot of bud, I didn’t like using it with the oil pad like they tell you too, it’d end up with avb and sticky resin stuck to it, I found that a little disappointing but then switched to the dosing capsule adapter and never looked back.
Perhaps when my plants have finished and got plenty of bud I might switch back and start filling it right up.
seymore_budz wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:58 pm
If I’d known the mighty+ was just around the corner I’d have waited for that I think rather than buying the crafty, I do like the portability of it though, fits in your pocket nice.
How many sessions do you get from a fully charged mighty?
I use mine as my sole smoking device so gets used about 10-12 times a day and normally lasts me a day to 1 1/2 days depending on usage. The one I'm currently using is about two years old and it's now starting to lag a bit so I'll have to charge it in the evening. The crafty was useless for charge. I was charging that several times a day and died completely after about 12 months.
Vador (Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:57 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

I just checked and I bought my current mighty in January 2019 so it's nearly three years old. It's been through the wars too lol I even dropped it in the bath. Took it apart, died it out for a few hours and it was fine.
Vador (Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:57 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

I watched a video on YouTube and there’s a thermal fuse in the crafty that can blow, people are replacing that and they work again, might be worth a try
Sounds like the mighty is well built then :-)

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

I used the chamber reducer on the plenty to start with but ended up just using the full chamber once I got used to it!
The new models look good, I'm considering the crafty+ to replace my current portable
These users thanked the author FX for the post:
Vador (Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:17 pm)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

This was it
[youtube]https://youtu.be/Ak4x9gB8tsA[/youtube]

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

FX wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:15 pm
I used the chamber reducer on the plenty to start with but ended up just using the full chamber once I got used to it!
The new models look good, I'm considering the crafty+ to replace my current portable
Keep in mind the battery life of the crafty+ is not great 3-4 sessions per charge, may be better off with the mighty+

Return to “Toking Paraphernalia”