How do you toke yours!?
Egzoset

Purist/Glass IH Rod(s) + airflow-initiated vortex in Indux Labs Reflux

Post by Egzoset »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSwh1og0QgE&t=278[/youtube]
Induction Heat Dabs (4:38)

[ https:// www.hashwriter.org/post/indux-labs-reflux ]
Indux Labs Reflux revealed

« ...made to spin inside. ... The lower temperature configurations call for 8 to 16 of the thinnest rods, leaving little room for any movement inside. ... Hard inhalation is necessary... »

Anyone remembers ISpire's "The Wand" 100 % glass-path system??
Egzoset wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:10 pm
...sealed Borosilicate Glass Banger cups. »
Instead of an air-tight glass-encased ribon loop IH susceptor shaped into a cup matching its associated (selenoïd) workcoil this time it's just a metal rod, still made "clean" thanks to its integral purist-proof envelope. Briefly put the matter of metal contact-surfaces becomes a non-issue in both cases... The trade-off being a need for further innovation if convection mode has to play a dominant role in such type of Induction Heating at all.

The solution sounds simple to me but that's likely to result in a "party machine": join multiple rods betwen two SiC Foam layers to convert radiative/conductive vectors as some hot airflow capable of carrying energy inside a workload like Dry Herb once things are set in motion, by the very act of inhalation - which i find most convenient. The build-up of an "Energy Charge" shall make it possible to alleviate problems otherwise encountered with radiative and conductive heating, e.g. forced to deal with significant dispersion delay in the later mode.

Go figure how much it takes to reach a proper level of aerial porosity. Yet it seems to me that multiple aligned strings of air pockets contained between hot glass rods will convert part of the energy as a convection heat vector indeed, the problem i can foresee being likely to relate to the amount of available/effective power in Pulse Heating (burst) scenarios - i bet many hundred Watts. Of course doing so would defeat stirring from the hot rods themselves though i suppose ultrasonic stirring (in presence of a permanent magnet) might still promote enough bowl-shaking over its range of operation anyway.

So lets hope the manufacturer will eventually decide to develop their own convective system, and/or start offering optional accessories that help keep it on the market as is... Because right now, when looking at their YT video i can't but think to myself that's a lot of space/weight on any desk - not to mention that path's total length! M'well at least those glass IH rods have the merit of existing as a commercially-available product it seems. Perhaps this could be the beginning of another IH adventure!

:drama:

Good day, have fun!! Image
Vaporist of Borg.

Return to “Toking Paraphernalia”