FADvape WDLX: Competition for DynaVap IH Drivers arrives from China!!

How do you toke yours!?
Egzoset

FADvape WDLX: Competition for DynaVap IH Drivers arrives from China!!

Post by Egzoset »

Salutations,

As always, better late than never.

This time i couldn't even submit any YT media, by chance it turns out u/CracksBacks posted internal illustrations, though no useful chip labels were actually revealed (...):

Worse, as far as i'm concerned the most important hints may lie partially hidden under its single large resonator capacitor...

In any case it's yet another 3-cells scenario, which is more argument base suggesting that protection remains external to the power stage (to make it short), e.g. the same as all other DiY prototypes before. Hence it should be no surprise this customer chose to seek revenge for getting a DAO product, apparently innovative but just not enough to prove sturdy/reliable as well IMO.

On the bright side lets comment it won't expose to some high risk of intermittent contact failure, while as a trade-off this translated into depending on a manufacturer-customized battery assembly.

Source: r/inductionheaters/ (reddit)

Well, it seems unlikely to me that there's going to be a major change of conceptual strategy. Such competition adds a bit of pressure - which is a good thing - yet i don't see it becoming popular despite a cheap pricetag. I guess the half-hidden criss-cross traces rendered me too suspicious about that one. Sometimes what you think you see ain't exactly what you get.

Good day, have fun!! Image
Vaporist of Borg.

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
Egzoset

Re: FADvape WDLX: Competition for DynaVap IH Drivers arrives from China!!

Post by Egzoset »

Corr.:

Egzoset wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:03 pm
...DAO product...
It's DOA, as in Dead On Arrival.

Return to “Toking Paraphernalia”