Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Curling up leaves and brown spots on young plant

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
veroxas

Curling up leaves and brown spots on young plant

Post by veroxas »

Hello everyone, I am growing for the first time and need some help with my little baby. It is 12 days old and started to show some distress signs like leaves clawing up and small brown spots appearing on bottom leaves. It's planted in verve multipurpose compost from B&Q and I was silly to use some of miracle-gro slow release nutrient granules (8g) around planing hole. I haven't fed the plant yet and watered with ph6.5 water. Soil ph seems to be alkalinic at 8, which i flushed with water once and still no effect on adjusting ph, though soil stayed very wet for pretty long time. Light is LED 50W and was very close to plant for 24/7 most of the time. Humidity is at 49%.
I moved the light up a bit for now, I'm not sure what else I can do to make it better... I suspect possible nutrient toxicity from concentrated miracle-gro granules at wrong PH some may become more available I heard and that would be a huge problem... Other thought perhaps drowned the roots when I flushed soil to lower Ph, or wrong soil because of high alkalinity, even though I read this compost is fine for cannabis.

I need help from experienced growers with this matter as I'm really lost at the moment.

I uploaded some photos to show the symptoms.

Thanks guys!

These users thanked the author veroxas for the post:
Bulls (Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:17 pm)

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Curling up leaves and brown spots on young plant

Post by GMO »

Any chance you can pot her up into fresh medium and try rinse out some of the miracle grow stuff before putting into the new pot?

I dont think things look too bad and you could probably just carry on just watering for a little while till it goes away

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
Guest (Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:48 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

If you're worried I would just pot up like gmo said, honestly doesn't look bad at all though

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Josh for the post (total 2):
GMO (Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:14 pm) • Guest (Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:49 pm)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

This happened because you've given extra feed to already rich of nutrients soil. As said above you can either try to flush nicely or just pot her up into bigger pot without adding any miracle grow :) Let us know how it goes. What LED are you using?
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
Greenfingers (Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:17 pm)

veroxas

Post by veroxas »

Thank you guys for all the advice. I would really like to avoid repoting as I dont know how much roots have grown and wouldn't want to damage them while takign the plant out and stress it out even more, also it's already in the pot that I'm planning to grow all the way (doing microgrowing). Plant itself is in 15cm (6") pot inside the cabinet 22cm (8.6") x 27cm (10") x 75 cm (30") and I'm using full spectrum 50W led light with additinal 50W blue+red+green spectrum to add later if needed. Plant is autoflower by the way.
Do you guys think when plant grows bigger it will naturally require more nutrients and it will balance out? If plant will stay healthy enough till that stage.
These users thanked the author veroxas for the post:
Josh (Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:07 pm)

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

veroxas wrote:Thank you guys for all the advice. I would really like to avoid repoting as I dont know how much roots have grown and wouldn't want to damage them while takign the plant out and stress it out even more, also it's already in the pot that I'm planning to grow all the way (doing microgrowing). Plant itself is in 15cm (6") pot inside the cabinet 22cm (8.6") x 27cm (10") x 75 cm (30") and I'm using full spectrum 50W led light with additinal 50W blue+red+green spectrum to add later if needed. Plant is autoflower by the way.
Do you guys think when plant grows bigger it will naturally require more nutrients and it will balance out? If plant will stay healthy enough till that stage.
You should be fine in the same pot, transplanting would be a bad idea anyways since it's an autoflower just keep with water only for now, let us know how it progresses

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Looks healthier than my 1st auto grow :lol:

Small pots usually do well with Canna A+B, or like bottled nutrients don't they guys? (Not a bottle fertilizer user myself)

That verve compost is pretty rich in nutritients just on its own. I did have problems with bugs in my soil last time I used it though. Maybe worth checking under the leaves regarding the brown spots.

Otherwise that's a healthy plant!

Maybe worth while telling the actual power draw of your LED though:

Like how many AMP'S it pulls at the wall? Or how much PAR/Lumens it gives out.

Much like it does here:
https://marshydro.eu/collections/ts-ser ... cts/ts-600

Or give the specific light model.

Happy growing 😀
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
veroxas (Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:39 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

I've missed the fact it's an autoflower for some reason didn't see in the first post. How is she doing? |Getting any better or same?

Post by Guest »

veroxas wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:40 pm
Thank you guys for all the advice. I would really like to avoid repoting as I dont know how much roots have grown and wouldn't want to damage them while takign the plant out and stress it out even more, also it's already in the pot that I'm planning to grow all the way (doing microgrowing). Plant itself is in 15cm (6") pot inside the cabinet 22cm (8.6") x 27cm (10") x 75 cm (30") and I'm using full spectrum 50W led light with additinal 50W blue+red+green spectrum to add later if needed. Plant is autoflower by the way.
@Bulls only got mentioned later on.

Post by Guest »

Oh and curling up is usually a sign of heat stress.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
veroxas (Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:38 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”