Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Living COCO!

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Spartangrown

Living COCO!

Post by Spartangrown »

Hello everyone, I just wanted to pop in and drop a quick video of my living coco, SIP container, auto grow.

I have been experimenting with making coco work with living soil as a peat substitute. So far I am over a year now still using the same exact soil and only adding an occasional top dress. I have 2 planters side by side in a 4 x 4 space under and HLG 360 elite light, the other side of my tent is veg overflow/moms.

I started my first time with a base soil of Coco loco from fox farm (http://growgreenmi.com/media/catalog/pr ... x14100.jpg)

All the leaves I remove from the plants, their stems, and anything else that I am not using is recycled by tossing back on top of the soil. I have mushroom bags sitting near the back to provide some CO2, I have some wheat growing in one planter (I assume this came from the straw mulch I used the first run), and mostly white clover cover crop that has spread to cover the majority of the soil surface. I have added fresh worm castings along with the occasional worm and now both planters have a big worm population on their own.

I amend with an all in one top dress after each cycle and occasionally I may add a random top dress if the fancy strikes me, but I usually just add water.

In the video, you will see it was just after I beat the shit out of my cover crops in an attempt to kill some of it to release some nitrogen into the soil. I pulled away the ground cover to expose the soil surface and put my Baby Huey auto seed (Morning star seed co) just under the soil surface. If you look closely you will see a bunch of soil life as I zoom past the sprouted seed. What you won't see, is when I first dug in there were a lot of worms, but they don't like the light so when I got back to film, they had already dove down out of site.
To the Video app.php/vblog/spartangrown/32/436

#growerslove
These users thanked the author Spartangrown for the post (total 3):
GMO (Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:20 am) • Joker59 (Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:33 am) • ohlordyeah_420 (Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:38 am)

Joker59
Known User

Re: Living COCO!

Post by Joker59 »

Dope thanks bro
These users thanked the author Joker59 for the post:
Spartangrown (Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:35 am)
Just a Canadian Cannabis enthusiast🇨🇦 If you aren’t learning then what’s the point!?
“You may be Galileo, but your probably just wrong! “
“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it“ Evelyn Beatrice Hall.
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=6271 Purple Orange (CBD+), CBDurban, Gorilla Zkittles, And more!! IG@thekidchronnabis

Spartangrown

Post by Spartangrown »

Joker59 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:33 am
Dope thanks bro
You bet! Happy to share my mad science fun experiments! :lol:
These users thanked the author Spartangrown for the post:
Joker59 (Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:37 am)

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

It won’t fucking play for me, happen to have a YouTube link or is it just on here?
Spartangrown (Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:10 am)

Spartangrown

Post by Spartangrown »

Joker59 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:37 am
It won’t fucking play for me, happen to have a YouTube link or is it just on here?
Shit, nope, I just uploaded straight to this site. I don't post any videos up on Youtube......yet.
Joker59 (Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:53 am)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Love it and ive stolen the method!

mon the mircofauna ! i gotta admit i didnt expect that much clover when ya moved back :lol:
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
Joker59 (Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:53 am) • Spartangrown (Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:17 am)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Joker59 wrote:
If ya hit play then pause and let it buffer it runs smoother or buffer half way and refresh the page worked for me
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
Joker59 (Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:52 am) • Spartangrown (Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:17 am)

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

Spartangrown wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:11 am
Joker59 wrote:
Shit, nope, I just uploaded straight to this site. I don't post any videos up on Youtube......yet.
I gotta start to, it seems to be really coming back. Especially for me doing sponsored grows and shit more and more places want me to include like monthly videos on there at least. I hate being on cam tho, probably do point of view tutorials with talking head guest accounts
Spartangrown (Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:20 am)

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

GMO wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:24 am
Joker59 wrote:
If ya hit play then pause and let it buffer it runs smoother or buffer half way and refresh the page worked for me
It’s still not working for me, but it also took 20 min to upload like 4 pictures lol so I think it’s a mix of this storm fucking the internet and the site not being super streamlined for that
Spartangrown (Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:20 am)

Spartangrown

Post by Spartangrown »

GMO wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:23 am
Love it and ive stolen the method!

mon the mircofauna ! i gotta admit i didnt expect that much clover when ya moved back :lol:
Clover spreads like crazy, I only lightly planted one of the planters, it sprouted up and spread to fill the whole planter then reached over and established itself in the planter next to it and filled that up too. Nature finds a way. :lol:
GMO (Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:22 am)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”