Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Living COCO!

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Living COCO!

Post by GMO »

Spartangrown wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:22 am
GMO wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:23 am
Love it and ive stolen the method!

mon the mircofauna ! i gotta admit i didnt expect that much clover when ya moved back :lol:
Clover spreads like crazy, I only lightly planted one of the planters, it sprouted up and spread to fill the whole planter then reached over and established itself in the planter next to it and filled that up too. Nature finds a way. :lol:
Preach! i put some in one plant like 15 seeds in my mother space and the shit is now in ever house plant i have :lol: :lol:
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
Spartangrown (Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:25 am)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Spartangrown

Post by Spartangrown »

GMO wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:23 am
Preach! i put some in one plant like 15 seeds in my mother space and the shit is now in ever house plant i have :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Terp_Pharmer

Post by Terp_Pharmer »

Spartangrown wrote:Hello everyone, I just wanted to pop in and drop a quick video of my living coco, SIP container, auto grow.

I have been experimenting with making coco work with living soil as a peat substitute. So far I am over a year now still using the same exact soil and only adding an occasional top dress. I have 2 planters side by side in a 4 x 4 space under and HLG 360 elite light, the other side of my tent is veg overflow/moms.

I started my first time with a base soil of Coco loco from fox farm (http://growgreenmi.com/media/catalog/pr ... x14100.jpg)

All the leaves I remove from the plants, their stems, and anything else that I am not using is recycled by tossing back on top of the soil. I have mushroom bags sitting near the back to provide some CO2, I have some wheat growing in one planter (I assume this came from the straw mulch I used the first run), and mostly white clover cover crop that has spread to cover the majority of the soil surface. I have added fresh worm castings along with the occasional worm and now both planters have a big worm population on their own.

I amend with an all in one top dress after each cycle and occasionally I may add a random top dress if the fancy strikes me, but I usually just add water.

In the video, you will see it was just after I beat the shit out of my cover crops in an attempt to kill some of it to release some nitrogen into the soil. I pulled away the ground cover to expose the soil surface and put my Baby Huey auto seed (Morning star seed co) just under the soil surface. If you look closely you will see a bunch of soil life as I zoom past the sprouted seed. What you won't see, is when I first dug in there were a lot of worms, but they don't like the light so when I got back to film, they had already dove down out of site.
To the Video app.php/vblog/spartangrown/32/436

#growerslove
Good job man! I have been working on my living soil as well and I say forget the Peat! Coco works awesome and doesn't become hydrophobic like peat! Save the peat bogs!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Terp_Pharmer for the post (total 2):
GMO (Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:12 pm) • Spartangrown (Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:19 pm)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

These users thanked the author MommaB for the post (total 2):
The Shanchez (Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:20 pm) • Minty (Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:13 am)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Return to “Cannabis Growing”