Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Flushing

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Donkey222
Has thanked: 0

Flushing

Post by Donkey222 »

https://www.rxgreentechnologies.com/rxg ... ing-trial/
I saw something on here about flushing and it got me thinking as I know over the years I've definitely cut 1 or 2 without a flush and cant say I've noticed any difference , after a bit of nonsense reading I came across an actual study that I thought was interesting

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Donkey222 for the post (total 2):
Marcus (Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:59 pm) • GMO (Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:52 pm)

camkush
GR420 Moobs Of The Year

Re: Flushing

Post by camkush »

Thanks, now i have something to read at work :) Great find pal
Roll Tide :barmy:
#ProtectDiscord

Donkey222

Post by Donkey222 »

My pleasure

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Nice share! I flush in coco/hydro but I use a flushing agent and keep the EC up. In soil, I only flush for a week as the soil is normally loaded with food. I'd be interested to see an experiment where they drop out just the N.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

Man this is like debating politics lol I’ve seen some solid arguments on both sides. Personally I think if your growing medically the only way to go is organic or if feeding chemicals keep it lighter. I don’t think flushing at the end is ever gonna make up for over feeding because the plant is already built right? We flush for 3 days to clean out salts from soil but have never found any reason to flush longer with the objective of actually flushing out the plants.
These users thanked the author Joker59 for the post:
MrNice (Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:58 pm)
Just a Canadian Cannabis enthusiast🇨🇦 If you aren’t learning then what’s the point!?
“You may be Galileo, but your probably just wrong! “
“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it“ Evelyn Beatrice Hall.
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=6271 Purple Orange (CBD+), CBDurban, Gorilla Zkittles, And more!! IG@thekidchronnabis

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Donkey222 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:55 pm
I saw something on here about flushing and it got me thinking as I know over the years I've definitely cut 1 or 2 without a flush and cant say I've noticed any difference , after a bit of nonsense reading I came across an actual study that I thought was interesting

If you can`t tell difference between weed that`s been flushed through properly and weed that hasn`t you`ve prolly not flushed plants out properly. Not only that if you grow with chemicals they are known to contain heavy metals which aren`t best for you and will fuck up your immune system over time, they are known to cause cancers, which is a reason why food stuff is properly flushed out we buy too.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Elijah Growz (Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:51 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

MrNice
Respected Member

Post by MrNice »

I thought flushing with soil was just feeding plain water .....? load more peeps have more exp then me on here ...so that my 10p worth hehehe :lol: :lol:

Mafooo
Known User

Post by Mafooo »

2-Scoops wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:38 pm
Donkey222 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:55 pm

If you can`t tell difference between weed that`s been flushed through properly and weed that hasn`t you`ve prolly not flushed plants out properly. Not only that if you grow with chemicals they are known to contain heavy metals which aren`t best for you and will fuck up your immune system over time, they are known to cause cancers, which is a reason why food stuff is properly flushed out we buy too.
The jury is still out on wether you can always trust food suppliers to be properly flushing their food before they harvest and send it to the shops.

I fought to work that into our rotation and I got shoved out of the company entirely for that and other things that I stuck up for because it was the right thing to do. Growing your own is really the best. Im glad to read your comments every time man cuz I can tell you care about peoples well being
These users thanked the author Mafooo for the post:
2-Scoops (Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:19 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

MrNice wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:01 pm
I thought flushing with soil was just feeding plain water .....? load more peeps have more exp then me on here ...so that my 10p worth hehehe :lol: :lol:
Yes it works fine doing that, so long as your plant looks well fucked up and theirs hardly any green left in leafage jobs a good en.

I grow in coco and find flushing coco right back to water only ec before just feeding water only for 14 days works a treat. Dont get me wrong sometimes ive had to get things down quickly and bud was wank in comparison to it done rightly.

Donkey222

Post by Donkey222 »

I personally haven't noticed a significant difference and from that study neither did any of the blind testers they actually preferred the none flushed one if I remember correctly , I have 5 Flc due up in the next few weeks and I'll try out all the different flushing times and do some blind testing of my own and see what that throws up

These users thanked the author Donkey222 for the post (total 2):
MrNice (Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:14 pm) • Joker59 (Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:03 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”