Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Flushing

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Mafooo
Known User

Re: Flushing

Post by Mafooo »

I think the idea of the flush is even if you cant “sense” a difference in quality there is a less likelihood of you ingesting raw nutes, ferts, salts, or heavy metals that are remnant particles within the plants veins and cells
These users thanked the author Mafooo for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:56 pm) • Spartangrown (Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:12 am)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Donkey222 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:55 pm
https://www.rxgreentechnologies.com/rxg ... ing-trial/
I saw something on here about flushing and it got me thinking as I know over the years I've definitely cut 1 or 2 without a flush and cant say I've noticed any difference , after a bit of nonsense reading I came across an actual study that I thought was interesting

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Mt first grow was in coir. I never flushed. Tasted really nice and a smooth smoke.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
Joker59 (Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:03 pm)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

video interview. may help people understand the data more clearly :D
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
flip (Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:03 pm) • Hydro (Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:34 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Spartangrown

Post by Spartangrown »

I just want to drop my simple, common sense, answer to why it's probably just a good idea at least, feed just water for that last few weeks of the plants life.

The argument is that the final product either is or isn't better if flushed right? Nobody is really saying the non-flushed bud is better, they are usually saying they couldn't tell a difference (so it's As good, but not better than flushed). Even if we take that statement as fact, that, non-flushed bud is as good as flushed bud, that is still a reason to flush.

By simply feeding only water for two weeks (what we are calling flushing here), we do not loose quality (if they are both as good as the other), but we DO, SAVE MONEY by not adding any product at the end. Why continue feeding and using up things that cost money when you can get the same (I actually believe better) results without the feed?

I personally don't do a large volume flush of water but I do just plain water feeds at the end of the plants life. I am 100% convinced it produces a higher quality end product. I theorize that plain water (no nutrient) "feeds" cause a stress response in the plant to speed up the finishing up process and I swear I see more trichomes too.

#growerslove
These users thanked the author Spartangrown for the post (total 3):
Joker59 (Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:16 am) • Elijah Growz (Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:28 am) • GMO (Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:31 am)

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

Spartangrown wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:10 am
I just want to drop my simple, common sense, answer to why it's probably just a good idea at least, feed just water for that last few weeks of the plants life.

The argument is that the final product either is or isn't better if flushed right? Nobody is really saying the non-flushed bud is better, they are usually saying they couldn't tell a difference (so it's As good, but not better than flushed). Even if we take that statement as fact, that, non-flushed bud is as good as flushed bud, that is still a reason to flush.

By simply feeding only water for two weeks (what we are calling flushing here), we do not loose quality (if they are both as good as the other), but we DO, SAVE MONEY by not adding any product at the end. Why continue feeding and using up things that cost money when you can get the same (I actually believe better) results without the feed?

I personally don't do a large volume flush of water but I do just plain water feeds at the end of the plants life. I am 100% convinced it produces a higher quality end product. I theorize that plain water (no nutrient) "feeds" cause a stress response in the plant to speed up the finishing up process and I swear I see more trichomes too.

#growerslove
I 100% agree that using just water for the last 1-2 weeks (depending on growth rate for me) is smart for the reasons you mentioned and I also find it stresses the plant a bit and increases some tric production.

I think it’s the large volume flushes and and people over feeding there plants under the assumption they can force feed them water and have it remove all the chems that bugs me. I seem to meet a lot of people that think they can literally flush all the bad out by watering with 5 times the water for 10 days lol
These users thanked the author Joker59 for the post (total 3):
Elijah Growz (Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:38 am) • GMO (Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:42 am) • Spartangrown (Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:55 pm)
Just a Canadian Cannabis enthusiast🇨🇦 If you aren’t learning then what’s the point!?
“You may be Galileo, but your probably just wrong! “
“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it“ Evelyn Beatrice Hall.
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=6271 Purple Orange (CBD+), CBDurban, Gorilla Zkittles, And more!! IG@thekidchronnabis

Spartangrown

Post by Spartangrown »

Thejokerjosh59 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:24 am

I 100% agree that using just water for the last 1-2 weeks (depending on growth rate for me) is smart for the reasons you mentioned and I also find it stresses the plant a bit and increases some tric production.

I think it’s the large volume flushes and and people over feeding there plants under the assumption they can force feed them water and have it remove all the chems that bugs me. I seem to meet a lot of people that think they can literally flush all the bad out by watering with 5 times the water for 10 days lol
Well said, I agree with you, the high volume flushes just seem like a waste of water to me. :bang head:
These users thanked the author Spartangrown for the post:
Joker59 (Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:20 pm)

Joker59
Known User

Post by Joker59 »

Spartangrown wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:55 pm
Thejokerjosh59 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:24 am

Well said, I agree with you, the high volume flushes just seem like a waste of water to me. :bang head:

Not to mention the fact that all that extra water is just asking for bud problems if your not careful with the rh
These users thanked the author Joker59 for the post:
Spartangrown (Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:41 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”