Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Starting over

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
frankthirtyspears

Starting over

Post by frankthirtyspears »

Hi again guys, i'm starting over for the third time and i's like this to be the good one so i'm asking for all the help i can get in order to avoid screwing up. I have a starter rqps kit for autos https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/growing ... s-kit.html , three white widows seeds and a norther light auto. The last few times the plants either died of damping off or from heath but all in the seedling stage (max 10 days), so i'm looking at how to surpass that stage really badly. I also got five 3 gallons smart pots in fabric but also some 1 litres small pots, some perlite and some light soil. The temperature is usually between 20 and 31 degrees celsius (68 to 89 F) but during the most hot hours it stays at about 30 and withouth much breeze so it's really hot under direct sunlight. So i'm asking what to do with the seedlings to avoid them dying. Do i keep them inside near a window for some time? How much and ofter i should water them? Do i need to buy shadecloth? Keeping them inside if it's so hot won't create mold? I'm honestly pretty confused and so hope that someone can finally help me to understand how not to fuck up again. Thanks, really.
These users thanked the author frankthirtyspears for the post (total 4):
GMO (Sun May 10, 2020 2:25 pm) • kbag (Sun May 10, 2020 2:27 pm) • Bulls (Sun May 10, 2020 4:23 pm) • TTL (Sun May 10, 2020 8:59 pm)

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Re: Starting over

Post by kbag »

Hi frank and welcome to the forum. Im guessing your going to be growing outside? You can start them outdoors but it is more preferable to keep them indoors or in a glasshouse to start off with. Canna plants can with stand some pretty hot temps outside as long as you water frequently but do not over do it. Best thing to do is start a grow diary and i am sure many ppl will help you out as you go.
These users thanked the author kbag for the post (total 2):
GMO (Sun May 10, 2020 2:26 pm) • frankthirtyspears (Sun May 10, 2020 8:07 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

watch this buddy

viewtopic.php?p=483#p483
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
frankthirtyspears (Sun May 10, 2020 8:07 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Nice GMO, and great video Keeno. The only thing I would add is rather than timing it, wait until the seed sinks. When it sinks, it's taken on water so you know it's good. 12hours is the norm but I've seen them take 24h+ i've messed about withnlots of different methods over the last year and Keeno's method is by far the most successful and simple.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 2):
GMO (Sun May 10, 2020 3:30 pm) • frankthirtyspears (Sun May 10, 2020 8:07 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Point 5
Respected Member

Post by Point 5 »

Hi there

My first grow was with this starter set. It didn't work well for me. I found the media too tight for the seeds to grow also the plugs hold alot if water and 2 of mine rotted before doing anything.
Heres the diary if you want to have a look viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4605

Go with keenos video. This method works. The littleight you have is a good thing out of the starter pack. I use it to start all grows now once out of the paper towel
These users thanked the author Point 5 for the post:
Whoever said the best things in life are free blatantly grew their own pot
:puff puff:

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Top advice on here for you frank. Any questions please ask. Last time I've seen your plants they looked too damp. You must leave them dry out a little bit.
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:

frankthirtyspears

Post by frankthirtyspears »

After a lot of searching around for good clf, leds, greenhouses and stuff i simply figured out that i'm way out of budget for decent stuff and i want to avoid cheap, but probably bad working alternatives. I just want to ask if i can simply start the seedling outdoor directly after the seed germinated in the paper towel or it's impossible/bad idea. Thanks for the patience :)

Beef

Post by Beef »

Isnt the fact that this is your 3rd attempt the answer. Frank, do you need to plant it straight outside?

You could germ then transfer to a germination/seedling tray with the clear lids (very cheap) and put on in a sunny spot indoors, use a spray to keep the air moist and only give water sparingly (when top of medium is dry) until first couples of nodes then plant them out...you should have a decent rhizozone by that point.
These users thanked the author Beef for the post:
frankthirtyspears (Wed May 13, 2020 8:09 am)
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man....

Return to “Cannabis Growing”