Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Big recurrent problem

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
frankthirtyspears

Big recurrent problem

Post by frankthirtyspears »

Hi guys, i'm a first timer and recently i've been trying to grow 7 autoflowering seeds from rqs and out of these 5 dampened off. At this point i'm getting pretty desperate and feeling really stupid so i'm searching the cause for this disaster. Pretty much everywhere the problem seems to be about too frequent watering and being in a humid environment. I usually placed the pots from 9 a.m to 8 p.m outside in a balcony which reveive continuos direct sunlight and the temperature is between 20 and 30 degrees usually so i usually watered up to 5 times a day (with a sprayer) ehenever i was feeling the soil crumbly and dry, and the night i was placing them inside to avoid rain or other issues. At this point i am once again starting over with new seeds but this time i bought the started autoflowering kit from rqs, some air pots (3 gallons) and some perlite to allow air to flow better. So i'm asking the help of everyone which can tell me how to avoid fucking up this time since i'm not in a good spot, i also posted 2 photos of the container size (on a ps4 for comparison) and of the problem which struck all my plants in order to better understanding. I'd be really grateful to anyone that is going to answer. Have a nice day. https://imgur.com/a/HVGDY6D
These users thanked the author frankthirtyspears for the post:
Dex (Sun May 10, 2020 12:30 am)

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Inactive account
Inactive Account

Re: Big recurrent problem

Post by Inactive account »

Hi and welcome along to the growroom
I’m sure you’ll get the help your looking for , someone will pop in soon and answer u
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post (total 2):
frankthirtyspears (Sat May 09, 2020 8:44 pm) • Dex (Sun May 10, 2020 12:30 am)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Hi bud and welcome

I'd say stop spraying

If you cut a bottle in half and use the half with the lid (lid removed) it makes a nice cheap RH dome

You shouldnt really need to water a seedling for the first 5 days or so in a 1l pot. 3 gallon I'd think maybe a week and a half, maybe 2 weeks before first water?

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 4):
seymore_budz (Sat May 09, 2020 7:39 pm) • Greenfingers (Sat May 09, 2020 8:13 pm) • frankthirtyspears (Sat May 09, 2020 8:44 pm) • Dex (Sun May 10, 2020 12:28 am)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Yea man I going to agree with GMO, sounds like you're killing them with kindness. You could also dropping the seeds into pure water until they sink, then kick things off in tissue until you see a tap root then plant it.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 3):
Greenfingers (Sat May 09, 2020 8:12 pm) • frankthirtyspears (Sat May 09, 2020 8:44 pm) • Dex (Sun May 10, 2020 12:29 am)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

Ya man, I've only ever had damping off from extreme humidity after watering my seedlings. The key is to get it moist at the start and leave it alone

They'll be much happier with a dry period, lets air get to the roots

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Josh for the post (total 2):
frankthirtyspears (Sat May 09, 2020 8:44 pm) • Dex (Sun May 10, 2020 12:29 am)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

2 other interesting tricks if it does persist.

Great white rooting powder on the affected area can trick the plant to making roots on the stem which can sometimes beat dampening of

Also a strong chamomile tea brewed and then cooled to room temperature can be applied to the affected area to help combat the infection

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
frankthirtyspears (Sat May 09, 2020 8:44 pm) • Dex (Sun May 10, 2020 12:29 am)

frankthirtyspears

Post by frankthirtyspears »

Thanks for all the help guys, i'll start watering them only once early in the morning and let them have their proper dry period, also i'm gonna take a look at that powder. Thanks again :)
These users thanked the author frankthirtyspears for the post (total 2):
Dex (Sun May 10, 2020 12:29 am) • GMO (Sun May 10, 2020 11:34 am)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”