Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Plants growing slowly but looking pretty healty

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
frankthirtyspears

Plants growing slowly but looking pretty healty

Post by frankthirtyspears »

Hi guys, i'm having the doubt that my plants are growing strangely slow and i'd like to know where am i making mistakes or anything related so i'm going to describe the entire process up to this point to know if there is something particular i'm messing up. The strain is Green Gelato Auto from RQS, after they germinated in the paper towel (the two in the plastic pots 8 days ago and the one in the terracotta pot 7) i planted them. After this i kept them inside some kind of greenhouse room with a window open and made them take 5 hours a day of sunlight for a week (from 3 p.m to 8 p.m). Then since they were stretching a bit i removed some soil around them and lowered them so that they look pretty much as now, i also moved them outdoor in a balcony were they now receive direct sunlight from 10 a.m to 6:30 p.m. I give them 5-8 hits of water with the sprayer every 2/3 hours in order to keep the ground moist. The temperature is 20-27 degrees usually during the day and at night i keep them inside for the moment. I'd be really really grateful if someone could help me figuring this out, also feel free to ask if i didn't put some important informations. Thanks and have a fantastic day :) https://imgur.com/a/2dhbFGe

Ohitshim

Re: Plants growing slowly but looking pretty healty

Post by Ohitshim »

Can you get them in light for longer? I've always found the 1st week or so from seed boring and slow,til roots get established I guess.but the more light you can give them the better for sure
These users thanked the author Ohitshim for the post:
frankthirtyspears (Fri May 08, 2020 7:04 pm)
Probably sent from the smoking shed :Stoned:

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

frankthirtyspears wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 6:40 pm
Hi guys, i'm having the doubt that my plants are growing strangely slow and i'd like to know where am i making mistakes or anything related so i'm going to describe the entire process up to this point to know if there is something particular i'm messing up. The strain is Green Gelato Auto from RQS, after they germinated in the paper towel (the two in the plastic pots 8 days ago and the one in the terracotta pot 7) i planted them.
Hey mate,

I dropped some RQS Auto seeds about the same sort of time as you:-
  • 1st May 2020 @1:00am Seeds put into tap water for 8 hours
  • 1st May @ 8:00am RoyalD in papaer towel
  • 1st May @ 9:00am EasyB in paper towel
  • 3rd May @ 8:00am Both into Jiffy cubes
  • 4th May Both seeds rooted and out of the shell
  • 5th May Issue with the seed casing getting stuck
I think I stressed them out a bit by removing the seed casing rather then letting it fall on it's own (lesson learnt) but mine look about the same sort of size as yours (if not smaller):-

Mine have been under 24/7 light so looks like yours are doing OK to me buddy.

These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
frankthirtyspears (Fri May 08, 2020 8:04 pm)

frankthirtyspears

Post by frankthirtyspears »

Minty wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 7:55 pm
frankthirtyspears wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 6:40 pm
Hi guys, i'm having the doubt that my plants are growing strangely slow and i'd like to know where am i making mistakes or anything related so i'm going to describe the entire process up to this point to know if there is something particular i'm messing up. The strain is Green Gelato Auto from RQS, after they germinated in the paper towel (the two in the plastic pots 8 days ago and the one in the terracotta pot 7) i planted them.
Hey mate,

I dropped some RQS Auto seeds about the same sort of time as you:-
  • 1st May 2020 @1:00am Seeds put into tap water for 8 hours
  • 1st May @ 8:00am RoyalD in papaer towel
  • 1st May @ 9:00am EasyB in paper towel
  • 3rd May @ 8:00am Both into Jiffy cubes
  • 4th May Both seeds rooted and out of the shell
  • 5th May Issue with the seed casing getting stuck
I think I stressed them out a bit by removing the seed casing rather then letting it fall on it's own (lesson learnt) but mine look about the same sort of size as yours (if not smaller):-

Mine have been under 24/7 light so looks like yours are doing OK to me buddy.

Thanks man, i was pretty worried since this is my first ever grow and i found it pretty confusing since the amount of informations is huge and often contradictory. Btw i'll put them out as soon as the sun pops to give them some hours of light more until the summer definitely kicks in. Thanks again for the answer :)

Minty
Respected Member

Post by Minty »

frankthirtyspears wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:08 pm
Thanks man, i was pretty worried since this is my first ever grow and i found it pretty confusing since the amount of informations is huge and often contradictory. Btw i'll put them out as soon as the sun pops to give them some hours of light more until the summer definitely kicks in. Thanks again for the answer :)
No worries. First grow for me also but to be honest they are just plants and they want to survive so as long as you give them what they need hopefully it shouldn't be that hard.
These users thanked the author Minty for the post:
frankthirtyspears (Fri May 08, 2020 8:32 pm)

Return to “Cannabis Growing”