Welcome to the cannabis growing section. Discuss and share knowledge about growing cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Autopots and Coco

Knowledge base and discussions for growing cannabis
Nom
Known User

Autopots and Coco

Post by Nom »

Hey folks,

Just started my first coco grow using my autopots and its all going well so far. Really tight nodes, nice colour for now, had some early problems but managed to sort them really quick, so far im loving the coco.
My question is this, as I am using autopots which effectively utilises two reservoirs, one main which supplies the smart valve controlled mini reservoir which the pots sit in and drink from. As I was being nosey I noticed the pH and ec between the two reservoirs is different, would it make sense for me to be following this?

What I noticed was a slight pH rise and ec fall from 1.2 to 0.9.

Or should I ignore it and just read the plant? I'm just wondering if this would be a forbearing of things to come and if the chart would work for coco utilised in the manner I have chosen
These users thanked the author Nom for the post:
GMO (Sat May 02, 2020 10:59 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: Autopots and Coco

Post by seymore_budz »

Nomoli wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:54 am
Hey folks,

Just started my first coco grow using my autopots and its all going well so far. Really tight nodes, nice colour for now, had some early problems but managed to sort them really quick, so far im loving the coco.
My question is this, as I am using autopots which effectively utilises two reservoirs, one main which supplies the smart valve controlled mini reservoir which the pots sit in and drink from. As I was being nosey I noticed the pH and ec between the two reservoirs is different, would it make sense for me to be following this?

What I noticed was a slight pH rise and ec fall from 1.2 to 0.9.

Or should I ignore it and just read the plant? I'm just wondering if this would be a forbearing of things to come and if the chart would work for coco utilised in the manner I have chosen
Hey Nomoli,

Sounds like everything is sweet IMO! That chart is great for recirculating system. Autopots are one way so you're not going to get feedback like that.

I'd not worry about the difference between the resoviour and feed tray. If your worried about PH and buildup, test the media using the slurry test method.

As for the slight drop, could be anything? How are you measuring the feed tray? Just dropping a digital meter into the tray? If so, the drop in EC could be just a bad reading?
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
Nom (Sat May 02, 2020 4:02 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Grower88
Known User

Post by Grower88 »

Good luck on this you got a diary? I looked at auto pots before I got the rhizo system but was concerned of using coco with it lol. Also saved that pic as I was thinking of recirculating myself I go through tons of water lol.

Sounds like it's going well though mukka I belive the ec dropping is a good thing there eating the nutes up. Good luck

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Grower88 for the post:
Nom (Sat May 02, 2020 4:01 pm)

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

@grumpy I was removing the fluid from the tray and splitting between three small containers and taking readings from each with a brand new freshly calibrated meter. I'll stick to reading the plants then I think, I would of liked that kind of feedback though so maybe proper hydro is calling.

@grower stick with the rhizo mate its a better system. But yeh coco/perlite in autopots works mate, go and google hansbricks auto glueberry og. Tbh if i was to set up from scratch i'd go some kind of drain to waste, but i didnt so im determined to get some good results from them.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Nomoli wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 4:08 pm
@grumpy I was removing the fluid from the tray and splitting between three small containers and taking readings from each with a brand new freshly calibrated meter. I'll stick to reading the plants then I think, I would of liked that kind of feedback though so maybe proper hydro is calling.

@grower stick with the rhizo mate its a better system. But yeh coco/perlite in autopots works mate, go and google hansbricks auto glueberry og. Tbh if i was to set up from scratch i'd go some kind of drain to waste, but i didnt so im determined to get some good results from them.
Ahh OK, so I doubt it was a misreading then. It sure what would cause the drop from the feeding tank to the trays? Is your meter temperature compensating?

Grower88
Known User

Post by Grower88 »

Ye i wont be changing just a thought at the time lol

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

Yup my metre is compensating

Return to “Cannabis Growing”